Page 87 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It wont directly save your life, but that isn't the benefit

With the life leach trinket + 2 set you can put out some insanely high levels of self healing as a Warrior. This reduces the load fairly dramatically on healers that can then focus more on the raid and not keeping the tank up and that may not save your life but it WILL save your raid members lives during an AoE intensive situation

It also has the benefit that albeit small, it does in effect reduce the amount of damage you would appear to be taking to a healer by instantly healing up that 30% of the blocked damage

Quote Originally Posted by Zworg View Post
    I think 2 set is pretty strong if you look at the overall healing it does in a fight but honestly it'll probably almost never save your life.
    IDK about 25H, but on 10H there are definitely enough situations where you may end up having to keep yourself alive in which case this bonus will significantly increase the time you can keep yourself alive.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree with eddy's point of reducing the strain on the healers a bit but I still don't think it significantly increases the time you can keep yourself alive, in 10 man anyway.
    Overall I would still use it considering there's no other good legs to use and you only sacrifice a bit of dodge for mastery on the helmet to get the 2 set which I think is still worth it but if you're going to play the crit/mastery build I reckon you might aswell ditch it and invest fully into those stats.
    Last edited by Zworg; 2013-12-16 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zworg View Post
    I do agree with eddy's point of reducing the strain on the healers a bit but I still don't think it significantly increases the time you can keep yourself alive, in 10 man anyway.
    Uhm?
    Just to name a few situations:
    Sha - next to no direct healing required here, if you have decent self healing through 2p and/or trinket
    Galakras - can tank the tower without a healer and eat a few more stacks for vengeance in p2.
    Siegecrafter - plenty of times I didn't have a healer in range on the add, and it helps soften the blow from the electrocute.

Anyways - I really don't see any good reason to ever pass up on 2p unless there's a significant ilvl upgrade involved since covering about 5-10% of healing requirement is noticable.

The way I see it, the 2 pc bonus will provide more survivability than the the stat increase of not taking it would give you. You would have to be dropping the two set for a massive upgrade in order for the EP values of the item to surpass the 2 pc bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Uhm?
    Just to name a few situations:
    Sha - next to no direct healing required here, if you have decent self healing through 2p and/or trinket
    Galakras - can tank the tower without a healer and eat a few more stacks for vengeance in p2.
    Siegecrafter - plenty of times I didn't have a healer in range on the add, and it helps soften the blow from the electrocute.

Anyways - I really don't see any good reason to ever pass up on 2p unless there's a significant ilvl upgrade involved since covering about 5-10% of healing requirement is noticable.
    You go tower without a healer??? I get smashed there ....

Deleted
    The first tower you can handle without a healer.

The first tower is mostly a problem of killing him before the cleave finishes or otherwise your mates may end up dying to thunderclap (it's still managable if you have people with decent self healing up there - we have a wl and ret pally up there -> easy peasy)
    The second tower idk I've done it on heroic with my pally and have done normal mode on my warrior, but I can't see why it wouldn't be possible with 120 rage and cds ready (provided you have 2p and jugger trinket)
    Last edited by Nillo; 2013-12-18 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    The first tower you can handle without a healer.
    2nd tower is doable since the nerf. Pre-nerf that fucker hit WAY too hard.

Hello,

Have anyone tried a [Crit > Hit = Expertise > Parry > Dodge] build as a tank? I'm willing to give it a shot, but I'm afraid it will underperform on progression encounters, compared to [Parry > Dodge > Hit = Expertise].

Is the first option viable for end-game heroic fights, or it's a "for fun" build? I'm 11/14H on a 25M group.
    My armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azralon/Nouway/advanced

Why would you ever prioritize anything over hit and expertise caps? Losing out on rage and damage, very bad idea.

If you mean Hit = Expertise > Crit > Parry > Dodge, then yea a few people have tried it out, Slootbag being the most prominent advocate. It works, and it can work well, but I'm of the opinion that dodge/parry give similar damage (because of Revenge and Hold the Line) at a decent survivability loss - for me the tradeoff never seemed worth it.

However, try it out for yourself. You might like it, you might not. I know Gliff had bad experiences with it on Siegecrafter (Protective Frenzy can eat you alive) but others have enjoyed success with it.

Yeah, I expressed myself poorly. Reaching the hit/exp caps are obvious objectives, I meant focusing on Crit after these caps.

I'll put it in numbers before changing anything. The effective loss from Riposte could bump my Crit rating to the same level as the Parry/Dodge focused build. At this point, I would lose a lot of survivability and my DPS remain unchanged.

Deleted
    You gain couple % crit, lose like 10% parry. Bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    2nd tower is doable since the nerf. Pre-nerf that fucker hit WAY too hard.
    First tower i can survive but second i don't think so, never tried it on normal or hc,

Quote Originally Posted by Lintwar View Post
    First tower i can survive but second i don't think so, never tried it on normal or hc,
    The only problem is her burst at the start imo - after you get some vengeance it's managable with cds and she should die before the end of or shortly after the aoe anyway.
    Last edited by Nillo; 2013-12-18 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouway View Post
    Yeah, I expressed myself poorly. Reaching the hit/exp caps are obvious objectives, I meant focusing on Crit after these caps.

I'll put it in numbers before changing anything. The effective loss from Riposte could bump my Crit rating to the same level as the Parry/Dodge focused build. At this point, I would lose a lot of survivability and my DPS remain unchanged.
    Don't forget that crit/X items deliver 100% "pure" crit while dodge/parry items deliver 150% "pure" crit - so in fact all crit-items except crit/hit and crit/exp are a net damage loss, as long as you are able to keep up riposte (via intervene).

Quote Originally Posted by Tseng View Post
    Don't forget that crit/X items deliver 100% "pure" crit while dodge/parry items deliver 150% "pure" crit - so in fact all crit-items except crit/hit and crit/exp are a net damage loss, as long as you are able to keep up riposte (via intervene).
    Crit/mastery and crit/haste items are, indeed, providing less crit than a parry/dodge item (considering you're always under Riposte).
    However, crit/exp and crit/hit items are perfect. You still want you 5100 Exp and 2550 Hit and ou want them while maximizing your crit, so you actually want to have crit/hit and crit/exp items, because it's the best hit/x and exp/x items you could ever get.

(Obviously, this is considering you want a full crit build, which I do not recommend.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nouway View Post
    Hello,

Have anyone tried a [Crit > Hit = Expertise > Parry > Dodge] build as a tank? I'm willing to give it a shot, but I'm afraid it will underperform on progression encounters, compared to [Parry > Dodge > Hit = Expertise].

Is the first option viable for end-game heroic fights, or it's a "for fun" build? I'm 11/14H on a 25M group.
    My armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azralon/Nouway/advanced
    Think of it as having the highest crit % while in Riposte. You get this by having double avoidance items while using crit items in spots where there aren't double avoidance. Reforge out of dodge into crit on those items. Use crit gems or crit/exp for red sockets or crit/hit for blue if you want the socket bonus. The bonuses add up to nearly 1000 str in some cases so definitely worth it. This will still give you a high amount of avoidance while also giving you the highest amount of crit available to Prot warriors.

When I'm gemming for Hold the Line, in red slots should I be putting 320 Parry or 160 Parry/Dodge gems in? My warrior is Footslam on Stormrage-US.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Handfoot View Post
    When I'm gemming for Hold the Line, in red slots should I be putting 320 Parry or 160 Parry/Dodge gems in? My warrior is Footslam on Stormrage-US.
    If you are going for maximum HtL you should be gemming 320 Parry