Page 88 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Handfoot View Post
    When I'm gemming for Hold the Line, in red slots should I be putting 320 Parry or 160 Parry/Dodge gems in? My warrior is Footslam on Stormrage-US.
    I do Parry in red and Parry/dodge in yellow. Luckily I only have 2 blue slots that I need to fill and I use my JC stam gems in them.

I go for any avoidance or stam set bonus.

Who it Thok's trinket on normal in comparisson to the juggernaut (sorry, said siegcrafter) flex mode trinket? better or worse? i go full parry build.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cobam/advanced
    Last edited by siccora; 2013-12-27 at 09:56 PM.
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    Who it Thok's trinket on normal in comparisson to the siegecrafter flex mode trinket? better or worse? i go full parry build.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cobam/advanced
    Thok is amazing. Siegecrafter doesn't drop a trinket.

edited it. i mean juggernaut
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    edited it. i mean juggernaut
    I would probably go with jugger + thok instead of the paragon trinket you're using.

Deleted
    Naa dont drop those two for flex jugg. The crit is amazing and the str gives some parry. Anywho, i see your doing heroics. Staminatrinkets i have found to be the best there. Atleast in 25man, 10man you can go for more DPS.

oh well. this warri is my alt. i play my monk on my main raid (10) i only did hc once the first 4 bosses. was no problem at all. and back then my gear was worse.
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    The only problem is her burst at the start imo - after you get some vengeance it's managable with cds and she should die before the end of or shortly after the aoe anyway.
    It helps to take a DK up the second tower with unglyphed army. Really helps take the burst away at the start. I tank both towers without a healer on 10m normal, No idea on heroic though.
    Last edited by Candiman; 2013-12-28 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Naa dont drop those two for flex jugg. The crit is amazing and the str gives some parry. Anywho, i see your doing heroics. Staminatrinkets i have found to be the best there. Atleast in 25man, 10man you can go for more DPS.

Parry that comes from Strength does not give Riposte. Its value is actually pretty low.

Deleted
    Well, while STR's value is fairly low when compared to secondaries it still gives a lot of Parry which contributes to HtL procs and Dodge/Parry revenge procs. Its important to never dismiss a stat based on face value but to analyze the weight of each individual item

Deleted
    Not sure of the reason for one tanking the towers personally (Unless you one tank Galakras itself). Especially considering the thing will be one of the first bosses people'll kill.

Solo tanking Heroic Thok 10 in 560 gear viable?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Solo tanking Heroic Thok 10 in 560 gear viable?
    It should be yeah, the only thing you should be concerned with is P1 and P2 during bats, rotate CDs and swap phases on 6-8 stacks on Thok and you should be good. Shield barrier is really good due to the insane amount of vengeance you get.
    Retired in WoD

Deleted
    Doable yeah, do you have the trinket in any raid difficulty from The Fallen Protectors? That one is very nice for the AoE on Thok and will make it quite a bit easier at the high stacks

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Doable yeah, do you have the trinket in any raid difficulty from The Fallen Protectors? That one is very nice for the AoE on Thok and will make it quite a bit easier at the high stacks
    I do have the Flex one.

On Normal, we normally go to 45+ stacks in phase 1. Based on that, I think our healers should be okay with me Solo tanking.

The whole reason for this is our Blood DKs DPS. He does less than half what I do when we 2 tank for some reason. He's got a decent Frost set that will put him up around 220k instead of 140k.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    If he does 140K as a tank on Thok then something else is wrong, perhaps his gemming/rotation or maybe not enough vengeance uptime.
    Retired in WoD

Eh, 140k is a bit of an exaggeration. Pretty frustrated about it because he has a Normal ilvl weapon and I'm running around with a Flex weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Eh, 140k is a bit of an exaggeration. Pretty frustrated about it because he has a Normal ilvl weapon and I'm running around with a Flex weapon.
    Weapons don't really matter for dps.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, only a few of warrior abilities affect weapon DPS (HS, Devastate) and those are low percentage anyhow. DKs aren't in the best shape either, warriors are the best tanks current tier and our DPS is through the roof as well compared to other tanks.
    Retired in WoD

can't say warriors are the best tanks. but htey par with monks. but monks got a lot of self healing so you can outplay bad healers. as a warrior, you are pretty shitfaced
    13/13

Monk