Page 97 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Has anybody got some info where I can find more out about a Crit and Mastery build for my Warrior tank? I'd love to look into it and give it a go, but can't find much helpful info on the net about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Avoidance difference: 18.59%
    Avoidance + block diff: 12.32%

Yes Fagatha is a NElf though your warrior is also a warrior who benefits from Mace spec so I've just left any racials out of it.
    Ewwww those numbers....
    1) The difference is between getting hit 100-61.65% of the time vs 100-43.06% of the time -> that's about 33% less attacks hitting you.
    2) since block is on a second roll you can't just add them up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thychiz View Post
    Has anybody got some info where I can find more out about a Crit and Mastery build for my Warrior tank? I'd love to look into it and give it a go, but can't find much helpful info on the net about it.
    You equip gear that has crit and mastery on it and be done with it?
    But seriously why would you do that rather than just using the avoidance build °_°

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Ewwww those numbers....
    1) The difference is between getting hit 100-61.65% of the time vs 100-43.06% of the time -> that's about 33% less attacks hitting you.
    2) since block is on a second roll you can't just add them up.

- - - Updated - - -

You equip gear that has crit and mastery on it and be done with it?
    But seriously why would you do that rather than just using the avoidance build °_°
    I don't think it's that simple.... gems come into play.... and I was asking if anybody had details on the pros, cons and recommended setup, so I could test it out for myself.
    Because mastery has it's merits, and i'd like to see if I can improve my dps since I have zero suitability issues O.o (Unlike mah squishy monk)
    Everyone on the internet has to be a critic... :/

Edit - Might just copy Fagatha's gem / setup or as similar as possible, see how that goes. If it sucks whoopdy do, I wasted a few hundred g regemming and reforging..

I've gone crit/mastery on Siegecrafter and I got absolutely destroyed. It may not seen like a big difference but it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    I've gone crit/mastery on Siegecrafter and I got absolutely destroyed. It may not seen like a big difference but it is.
    How did you get destroyed?

Deleted
    How did you get destroyed?
    Its basically 1/3 more chances to die through melee hits and siegecrafter and the add hit quite hard, which is way too much for progression boss. Atleast for a very minor dps up. If it even is any kind of up to go with a mix of crit/mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Its basically 1/3 more chances to die through melee hits and siegecrafter and the add hit quite hard, which is way too much for progression boss. Atleast for a very minor dps up. If it even is any kind of up to go with a mix of crit/mastery.
    Melee hits aren't the problem though, it's the spike from the special abilities. Melee swings don't worry healers, they come at a repetitive time and damage.

Deleted
    Melee hits aren't the problem though, it's the spike from the special abilities. Melee swings don't worry healers, they come at a repetitive time and damage.
    Except that on this fight he enrages/frenzies, and his melee hits come in really quick succesion which will potentially kill you/get you low in order to take the debuff.

I've never had to go crit/mastery (but I don't raid 10 man), so I can't comment on how squishy it is personally but I'd avoid going down a road where I take more damage at all costs generally.

There is no benefit in going crit mastery at all in 10 man.

That's just one build. I go for the highest % of crit when riposte is active which is dodge/parry gear, crit/x gear, crit gems. Never had any survivability issues in 10m.

Deleted
    9 -14 SoO Hc progression here. I think mastery > avoidance / crit.
    Rage is only as valueable as many shield blocks / barriers you can push out. As long you have enough rage to keep shield block on cooldown and are able to use barrier when needed you actually do not need more rage. It is much better to reduce the incomming damage instead rather then get this little more rage that will just go into shield barrier. Which is in an avoidance case reduced to 0 damage instead.
    It is just like playing Arms and stack haste over crit and mastery. So you end up spending all that rage on heroic strikes anyways.

And who says taking melee damage ain't important. If you check recount almost every boss has their melee damage on top.
    Ofcourse you might not die with the other builds. But really. With less spiky damage incomming you save your healers much better with reducing the times of using expensive catch up heals or give them more time keep attention to other things like mechanics or your team.

Even the 2 set bonus screams to go mastery.
    High mastery gives you enough rage to keep block and barrier up. After that you can enhance your survival even further to take avoidance.
    And as said before. There is a small icd between enrages anyways.

Yes i have been running avoidance for quite some time. And the burst you sometimes get is ridicilous. And those low mastery blocks aint gonna save that unparried/ dodged attacks. How many times you keep up block just to parry/ dodge everything and kind of waste your shielblock just to get some rng full swings in your face when it is on cooldown.
    Last edited by mmoc00cfd16bb2; 2014-02-02 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinka View Post
    -snip-
    If you play well with Avoidance you're going to take less overall damage, not more. You're also going to be less spiky - barrier is going to be almost constantly up. Think about how the fight is going to pan out and plan accordingly.

ust to parry/ dodge everything and kind of waste your shielblock just to get some rng full swings in your face when it is on cooldown.
    The point is to save some rage until it's down, where you Sbarr the unblocked hits. You should never spend those 3 seconds with nothing up if you can help it.

How many times you keep up block just to parry/ dodge everything and kind of waste your shielblock just to get some rng full swings in your face when it is on cooldown.
    Except mastery is a lot worse than dodge/parry while shield block is down o0?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Except mastery is a lot worse than dodge/parry while shield block is down o0?
    Both specs provide shield barrier to cover up that time. Avoidance is supported by its parry/ block during that time. And mastery with passive block.

Checking out Askmrrobot.com
    From going to a mastery build to avoidance. I gain 9.61% avoidance but lose 37.35% mastery.
    In rough theory i would benefit from avoidance every 10 swings but from mastery every 3.

Both specs provide shield barrier to cover up that time. Avoidance is supported by its parry/ block during that time. And mastery with passive block.

Checking out Askmrrobot.com
    From going to a mastery build to avoidance. I gain 9.61% avoidance but lose 37.35% mastery.
    In rough theory i would benefit from avoidance every 10 swings but from mastery every 3.
    You're theory is flawed. Dodging and Parrying more attacks is only half the bright side of avoidance. The rage generation is through the roof. The idea is that you will be able to have more rage to throw into barriers.

... while Shield Block is up.
    And from my experience there are many situations where you can't even get full uptime on Shield Block because you need to spend it on SBar instead - in this case you get almost no benefit from mastery. And that's the problem with mastery - in situations where damage is actually threatening it's value is diminished.

Deleted
    I don't know about you guys, but when ToT ended and SoO started, for me the main reason for leaving mastery behind and picking up avoidance was DPS. Sweet, brutal DPS. Whether the mitigation was better or not, was and is a debatable issue, with TDR on the one hand and TMI on the other. Although in the end avoidance ended up being fairly competent on TMI, and with the tier long gone, we can look back and see that the true heavy hitters ot the tier (solo thok and paragons) were doable with avoidance. The former actually forced you to abandon all sblocks and spam barriers, making mastery not really good there. I never missed mastery.

Just saying it, because it was always the main argument in the decision, the one thing in which mastery couldn't compete and nobody mentioned it.

Like your comics on the paint rage thread of arenajunkies, btw.

With an avoidance build Im able to keep shield block up for dps with the glyph and barrier when necessary. Mastery builds are completely worthless.

When is gemming for crit useful in SoO?

Deleted
    If the difficulty is LFR