Only take Shockwave if your raid doesn't have the stuns required.

Deleted
    Anyone can do the ironstars in the last phase tbh. I would honestly suggest bladestorm for the fear immunity in terrace. Recently I've started running with Dragonroar and it seems to be working quite nicely as it allows me to use that tier of abilities during the burns as using Bladestorm during single target is a fairly large DPS loss
    While progressing though I would say there is no competition unless you have a lot of priests in the raid and can get 2+ fear wards in the Terrace phase and your adds DPS in the first phase is nice

Deleted
    Ironstars are 130% and you have to be the closest person since they instantly-update if someone else is closer than you. Ideally you'll have a rogue or a druid who could do it.

Hey guys, I am going to do challenge modes as a prot (did not play it since wotlk), and I have to obtain gear from scratch. So, for what stats should I go?
    1) Do i need expertise hardcap for challenges& (my guess is yes)
    2) Mastery>Avoidance for challenges? Or can I survive with crit gear?
    3) What trinkets should i obtain?
    Thanks in advance.

1) Yes. I'm still not sure if 15% or 12% is the way to go, though, since boss hardly matter in CMs.

2) I'm PLing in my raid gear (well, I'll soon have to change some items, since I'm at ~9% hit now), so Parry>Dodge>Crit=Mastery is totally possible. If you're only going for golds, a Mastery build is probably good, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to lose too much dps for the sake of less spikiness. CMs tanking is about anticipating spikes anyway, so as long as you have a proper cooldown usage, I don't think Riposte build is really worse than Mastery build as far as survival is concerned.
    I wouldn't go as far as using a crit build, though. But I've never tried, may be worth a try.

3) Stamina trinkets are extremely good in CMs. Relic of Niuzao, 5.0 vp (now jp) trinkets, MSP trinket, etc. I'm using my raid gear so I'm using the IJ trinket but I haven't paid attention to my self heal so far, probably not huge. But if you don't like playing with two stamina trinkets, it's probably one of the best non-stamina trinket available.

We are going for realm records, so I guess i need maximum dps, mastery then?

Pretty sure mastery is the last stat you want if you're going for more dps.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah well, we raid 10 and can't reliably cover the stuns/interupts so looks like I'm with Shockwave!

Thanks for the replies guys.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjl View Post
    We are going for realm records, so I guess i need maximum dps, mastery then?
    Riposte build, then. Maybe even crit build.

Deleted
    If you are going for records why use a Prot warrior =s? A brewmaster will do significantly more DPS in most cases. If you do really want to use a warrior then I would suggest an avoidance build so that you don't keep having to reset due to being gibbed and messing up any really good runs you get, it will also (class depending) let your healer do some off-DPS as well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    If you are going for records why use a Prot warrior =s?
    That hurt Eddy Thought you were one of 'us' ;'(

Anyways, You can get realm records as a Prot Warrior, bare in mind, if you trying to beat a Brewmaster, Disc, Mage, Hunter, Shaman, <Random> then you may as well just give up, its a stupid makeup and as Eddy said, they are just crazy as CM Tanks.

Parry/Dodge are the two main stats you wanna take (High Damage, High Rage)
    Relic trinket with Shado-Pan DPS trinket (or a second Darkmoon Fair trinket, the DPS one)
    Engineering is a big, big plus! Blacksmithing and Leatherworking are great too.

Other than that, best of luck dude

Good luck getting realm best times with a warrior tank.

Go use a Monk or DK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lithix View Post
    that hurt eddy thought you were one of 'us' ;'(
    I'm sorry :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Good luck getting realm best times with a warrior tank.
    I've got 9/9 FoS on my warrior.
    Well, small server, but still. Warriors are really good since 5.4 in CMs. Not as godlike as monks, but still very powerful, probably the second best tanking class in CMs. (It was DKs before 5.4, but we have been buffed far more than them.)
    Depending on the best times set on his server, it may totally be doable with a warprot. Just slightly harder than with a monk.
    Last edited by Senen; 2014-02-18 at 10:49 AM.

We have pretty easy to beat records right now, so I think we can do it with prot warrior, Riposte build is maximum parry+dodge? Thanks, I'll start to look for gear then.

it seems like avoidance is the more preferred build in this thread, I am currently mastery build with ilvl 533. Wondering if my ilvl is too low to switch to avoidance?

Deleted
    That is more than enough to swap to avoidance = )

Hey guys - I main fury warrior atm but I'm going to have to fill in as tank for a bit and I want some input on trinket choice, I'm just going for straight up surviving since I really haven't tanked properly in awhile. The choices I have atm are:

561 Thok Amp
    566 Iron Jugg Lifesteal
    572 Paragons Crit

Probably won't be upgrading the IJ or Paragons trinket anytime soon.

Thanks you!

Quote Originally Posted by Valdayne View Post
    Hey guys - I main fury warrior atm but I'm going to have to fill in as tank for a bit and I want some input on trinket choice, I'm just going for straight up surviving since I really haven't tanked properly in awhile. The choices I have atm are:

561 Thok Amp
    566 Iron Jugg Lifesteal
    572 Paragons Crit

Probably won't be upgrading the IJ or Paragons trinket anytime soon.

Thanks you!
    Thok is ridiculously good. Paragons is... okay? The RPPM kinda blows, but of course more crits = more rage = more blocks/barriers. I have heard a lot of mixed results on the Iron Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal. Some say it's alright, some say it's absolute trash. One thing I can say is that apparently the heal scales off of Vengeance so do with that what you will. But hey, Dodge is Dodge so I can see you picking it up for that alone.

IMO Thok/Jugg. Amp too good. Might want to wait for a second opinion because I'm not the best prot warrior ever :P

I'm of the opinion that the Juggernaut trinket is highly situational and not very good for the majority of encounters. Skeer's is a lot of raw damage and you'll notice the bump in Rage when it procs for sure, I'd take that one but I have always leaned more towards damage than survivability. Thok's is a given, great trinket.