Head in the sand Gliff?

I solo tank Garrosh pretty much weekly and I tried switching over to using Barrier during high stacks of Gripping Despair, and particularly during Whirling Corruption. Generally I would start switching around 75% vengeance. (500k barriers or so I believe)

Am I doing it right? Look at damage inc, he's still meleeing me a good amount but Gripping Despair is just below it.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...=11745&e=12081

It all depends on how good you are at tracking your health, and how good your healers are. If you got really good healers, and you are good at tracking stuff (your meta gem for example) you can keep using Shield Block for longer and by doing so increase your damage output, and once it get to dangerous you can switch over to Barriers.

What I Usually do is that I keep using Block up until around 20 seconds before the next whirl. If at that point I have the meta gem proc and I also have a personal rolling and I notice that I'm not at a risk of getting oneshot I try to squeeze in another block, as the amount of vengeance you have at that point will make your Shield Slams enormous if combined with a block. I also use the Klaxxi trinket, and if I see it proc when I'm at high stacks I either pop a strong personal or I call for an external and start using blocks instead.

If the DPS is not needed and / or you don't want to take any risks it's far safer to start using barriers at an earlier point.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post
    Look at damage inc, he's still meleeing me a good amount but Gripping Despair is just below it.
    Major difference: he can melee you for x damage, but his dot will tick no matter what

Whirl damage is totally trivial, i wouldn't use the aoe reduce trinket for it since you're not abusing vengeance on the annihilates and it's use compared to TTT or any other dps trinket seems kind of lackluster to me ... unless you really feel like you're on the verge of dying with ilvl 577 and two healers having your back!

And you should check for the relevant timeframe: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...=11887&e=12082
    That's after the first intermission when you only used 4 sblocks and many sbars, despite having so much absorb up you still ate over 50% magical damage. So if you'd use more sblock instead of sbar the damage distribution. And now look at the healing done: 50% of all healing is done by yourself with mainly smartheals helping you out -> I wouldn't change a thing there.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2014-06-07 at 10:40 AM.

Was parry meant to be 2.5x more than dodge or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Head in the sand Gliff?
    About what?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    About what?
    The discussion about Garrosh. You were proven wrong by a few people and then just dropped off the topic.

Edit: I forgot about Warbringers in P1.

Its more like 555 and 430.
    He just looked at the wrong number...

The discussion about Garrosh. You were proven wrong by a few people and then just dropped off the topic.
    How is my head in the sand? I said I forgot seething and it's over. Regardless, I wasn't avoiding the subject. You never responded.....

Honestly, I really don't care about the difference between 10 and 25 in a tier that is 9 months old. Especially when there will be no difference in WoD.

How is my head in the sand? I said I forgot seething and it's over. Regardless, I wasn't avoiding the subject. You never responded.....
    10 heroic Garrosh hits for around 275k unmitigated. 25 heroic hits for around 400k unmitigated.
    You said he hits for 75% of your HP so if he is hitting for 400k in 25m then your health is only about 550k.
    Edit: I forgot about Warbringers in P1.

Its more like 555 and 430.
    Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    If we're discussing truly unmitigated damage (no AM, no CDs), it's higher than those figures too:

23:31:17.356 Garrosh Hellscream Melee Gliff 681418 (A: 2902)
    23:34:02.251 Garrosh Hellscream Melee Gliff 600543 (A: 11885)
    23:35:42.528 Garrosh Hellscream Melee Gliff 696878
    23:33:58.242 Garrosh Hellscream Melee Bushs 724300
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff
    Honestly, I really don't care about the difference between 10 and 25 in a tier that is 9 months old. Especially when there will be no difference in WoD.
    It's not about the difference Gliff, it's just a discussion. It's polite to reply to people especially when you are wrong.

Because I felt uncomfortable at half health when I'm used to 25 man where bosses hit for 75% of my health with no active mitigation up? I could counter and say the fact that I am able to stay at half health for that long with no threat of dying makes 10 man faceroll.....

Ain't there better things to focus on? Alpha is there already and we have some glimpse of what will be. Who still really cares about 10 or 25 difference, most of us already cleared it on one or another difficulty. It's bigger damage in 25 that's all.

Did anyone tried soloing IJ btw?

Soloing as solo tanking, or full solo? If you're referring to the first option which I assume you don't then it's quite easy, you just need to rotate personals and externals for the last half of Phase 1.
    If you mean full solo then I can say that I've tried it on 10normal, but the bombs make it close to impossible to survive, as you can't attack him to generate rage for Barriers, and then there's the enrage to worry about as well..
    My Stream

It's not about the difference Gliff, it's just a discussion. It's polite to reply to people especially when you are wrong.
    Please refer to THIS and you will see that I acknowledged I was wrong and why I was wrong.

This is the last time I'm commenting on this so please move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Soloing as solo tanking, or full solo? If you're referring to the first option which I assume you don't then it's quite easy, you just need to rotate personals and externals for the last half of Phase 1.
    If you mean full solo then I can say that I've tried it on 10normal, but the bombs make it close to impossible to survive, as you can't attack him to generate rage for Barriers, and then there's the enrage to worry about as well..
    Solo tanking, but found a video and saw there was actually a Monk tank doing mines so I guess it would be close to impossible to do both like you said, still nice for damage (high stacks). I'm asking only because this is kinda getting boring to run each week and thinking of something to make it bit more fun and challenging. Anything else is solo tankable? Seen people doing Protectors and trying Sha.

Bosses that are Solotankable:

Immerseus: Yes
    Protectors: Yes
    Norushen: Yes
    Sha: Yes
    Galakras: Yes (But really really annoying and sub-optimal)
    Juggernaut: Yes
    Shamans: No*
    Nazgrim: Yes**
    Malkorok: Yes***
    Spoils: Yes****
    Thok: Yes
    Siegecrafter: Yes*****
    Paragons: Yes*******
    Garrosh: Yes*******

*I have yet to figure out a way to do it, but if the raid had enough dps to burn the bosses down before your stacks get too high it "may" be possible.

**Nazgrims Sunder can't reduce your armor below 0%. You'll spawn Ravagers on each cast due to how much rage he'll get, and you'll take a hell of a beating, but it's possible.

***Malkork is one that most people would assume is undoable due to the tank stacks. In P1 you'll take all stacks, which isn't all too hard if you rotate cds. In P2 you'll need the entire raid to stack up and soak the cleave with you, and you'll also need strong raid cds while this is going. Your stacks will reset before the next P1 and you'll just do the same thing again.

****The way to do Spoils while solotanking is the same way that some 10man guilds did it. You send the tank + some real strong dps to one side, and you open like a maniac so that you're done as fast as possible. On the other side you have a few dps that will mainly kill sparks, but they can also open up a few small ones just to get some dps going there as well. Once you've finished off the big ones, and you're close to capping on energy you need to send over your tank and a good amount of dps as well to burn the second side as well before the timer runs out, you'll most likely need a lot of warlocks and monks who can teleport up without using the chain. If you finish the second room before the timer runs out you just do the same thing again, and hope you'll make it in time.

*****The tank debuff on Siegecrafter caps at 10stacks. You can easily survive the application of a 10stack debuff with a strong barrier + a strong cooldown. You can literally one-shot the shredder with those amounts of stacks + the 600-800k vengeance you'll have while tanking both of them.

******Paragons is most likely the hardest one to solo, as it requires a lot of help from your raid.
    On the pull your raid need to push down Swarmkeeper in order for the bloods to go on him, then pop Blood Lust and zerg down Bloodseeker. You'll most likely need to rotate all of your personal cds and externals in order to survive the Bloodseeker/Disector Combo, as you can hardly use any Active Mitigation, and Bloodseeker applies a stacking debuff that increases the damage you take from Disector.

Once Bloodseeker is dead you'll need a paladin to HoP you and then instantly cancelaura it to get rid of your Hewn stacks. This phase is just like it normally would be, with the exception that you're tanking both bosses.

Once Disector is dead you'll need to start cleaving down Prime and Locust just like normal. The bleed that is applied to you when Prime dose his frontal cleave will stacking up to dangerous levels after a short while. At that point you'll need to be HoP'ed again in order to reset the stacks. Try to wait with this as long as possible so that the stacks can't stack up too high after you've reset them.

If you've managed to survive the Locus/Prime combo it's time to kill Swarmkeeper. This part is the same as it normally is.

When Poisoned Mind spawns you'll want to kill Locust. Due to you killing Locust at this point your raid will need to handle 2-3 of Catalysts, but they aren't gonna kill your raid.

Once Locust is dead you switch over to Poisoned Mind. The amount of raid damage that's going out is now really high, so you'll need to handle yourself a lot. Remember to dance so that you're not hit by Manipulators attacks as they are fully avoidable.

As Poisoned Mind dies you'll need a third and final HoP from a paladin to cleanse yourself from the debuff that he applies that increases the damage you take from Wind-Reaver. At this point what you kill depends on your raid. If your healers can handle the damage that the Fiery Lines are putting out then you should kill Manipulator. If your raid has a lot of range / people who can negate the Kunchongs focus then you should kill Lucid.

Once you've finished off both of those you're left with Wind-Reaver, and he's a piece of cake to finish off.

*******In order to fully solo tank this fight you'll need to kill off the adds that spawns from Corrupted Whirl rather than kiting them. This ain't really that hard, and if you want to whore some extra vengeance I'd recommend that you have 3-4adds in melee who you cleave down.

PS: I think that the * system would have worked better if I didn't have 7fights I wanted to explain a little more.
    My Stream

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've solo tanked shamans on 10 HC but I don't see why it would be any harder on 25 with more CDs, the damage ramps up to about 1.5-2 million every 8~ seconds at around 15-20 stacks but by the time it hits 25 stacks the boss should be dead. If you rotate CDs and use barrier exclusively for the application (60 rage) it should be fine (you do need high DPS for this to actually work though).
    Last edited by suprep; 2014-06-10 at 07:50 PM.
    Retired in WoD

Deleted
    I haven't thought about soloing the shamans, looks crazy at first glance. But if you compare current speed ranks (less than 150 seconds!) it looks somewhat doable given the right setup (hellooo afflocks ).

Malkorok: or you just bring suprea's guild and manage to (almost) beat him before he can cast his bloodrage, ha! But you could argue about dps pushing certain abilities out of the equation, starting with Immerseus. If you have enough damage he won't cast a second blast or a third, so there's no need to worry after a certain amount of gear plus proper execution. Well with most setups you could always taunt the boss, almost everyone manages to survive a sole breath but such a compilation has to be taken with a grain of salt when you can outgear content to a point when potential lethal abilities might bother you any longer.

Nazgrim: you can eat some stacks with dps taunting (preferable warrior with dbts or ferals with hotw up), letting it run out at crucial times.

Klaxxi: I doubt that solo-tanking klaxxi does your raid any good, it's highly preferable to have a second tank pick up the scorpion buff and chew away on multiple foes health with several hundred thousand attackpower each time. Plus Korven will kill you, you can't stagger the bleed and stun + the other guy beating on you should be to much.

Garrosh: killing the adds in phase 3 isn't an issue (especially now at 58x ilvl), we regulary just ran 1 tank + 1 healer and could bring a subpar dps (instead of two tanks playing vengeance ping pong) and still managed to push him before a second empowered whirl plus skipping the second intermission. Everyone just picks up an add as it spawns and kill it right away, they have little health before they buff/heal each other so it's not an real issue.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2014-06-11 at 10:58 AM.

Deleted
    How do you handle protectors Rook stun + gouge combo?

I just started to try Heroics last night and felt like I was just getting ROCKED. Do I need to change up my gems/reforge? I went with a high stam/parry build but I felt like I was never 'safe' and always close to dying. We didn't down H Immerseus, didn't try protectors, and couldn't down H Noru. Noru was mostly dps dying from not killing adds fast enough. Immerseus was just one big cluster.

Tynore - Crushridge

Any help would be appreciated.

Normals have seemed much easier lately, but going into heroic was a jump. I feel like a newbie again!

Quote Originally Posted by rulee View Post
    I just started to try Heroics last night and felt like I was just getting ROCKED. Do I need to change up my gems/reforge? I went with a high stam/parry build but I felt like I was never 'safe' and always close to dying. We didn't down H Immerseus, didn't try protectors, and couldn't down H Noru. Noru was mostly dps dying from not killing adds fast enough. Immerseus was just one big cluster.

Tynore - Crushridge

Any help would be appreciated.

Normals have seemed much easier lately, but going into heroic was a jump. I feel like a newbie again!
    You definitely do not need that much stamina. Especially with two stamina trinkets. What exactly was crushing you? Immerseus hits like a wet noodle outside of the blast which you barrier. Unless you were attacking the boss to get that debuff and not getting dispelled. Surviving Norushen's trial is the same as normal, just less room for mistakes. Up top on Norushen just taunt at three and tank big adds. Nothing should crush you in either fight. I would assume your issues are more with strategy/execution as a raid team and less just you doing something wrong. Of course without logs that is hard to tell. But on those two fights just maximize block and barrier large hits. Weave in your other CDs as desired.