Quote Originally Posted by Lanorala View Post
    also, is it me or do you spend most of the time trying to stand IN annihilates vs actually doing damage to him during transition 1? I'm always running all over the place
    Only advice I can offer is to bind your abilities and not click them.

no where did I say I click my abilities. Just because i struggle to position myself doesn't really mean I'm a clicker- did i mention this was progression still? I'm also throwing banners, vigilance-ing the other tank and rallying during this time so a lot is going on.

Anyways, my problem was swinging too far out during them instead of just circling around him as close as possible as Promdates suggested. Thanks again Prom for having actual constructive advice.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    All those abilities you listed are off the GCD, you really just need to get more comfortable with your key-bindings then if you're struggling to continue dpsing while spinning and moving with your mouse.

I don't think Khorm/Octa meant for it to be insulting, but from the way you described it you made it seem very much like you were unable to use your mouse and continue using your abilities. If you're going to stand in the annihilates it's very important to continue building rage so you can spam shield barriers to take some of the pressure away from your healers in that phase.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you took something away from these posts

no where did I say I click my abilities. Just because i struggle to position myself doesn't really mean I'm a clicker- did i mention this was progression still? I'm also throwing banners, vigilance-ing the other tank and rallying during this time so a lot is going on.

Anyways, my problem was swinging too far out during them instead of just circling around him as close as possible as Promdates suggested. Thanks again Prom for having actual constructive advice.
    Well from everything you described it seemed to be a clicking issue, it wasn't meant to be insulting and it was meant to be constructive. Because quite frankly I don't understand how someone who is on heroic garrosh can't play a tank and dodge things/move their character and still DPS unless they're clicking. The fact that 3 people thought the exact same thing is pretty significant IMO. If it really is as simple as you're swinging out too far from the boss, how did you not pick up that you were out of range to hit him and adjust to it already? I still kinda don't believe you're not clicking to me because being able to move and use your abilities properly (which means gain your primary resource) is a very basic tank skill and that really doesn't make sense to me, but I'll take your word for it. Again, that's not meant to be insulting, it's just how I, and clearly others, saw it.
    Just because someone didn't give you the answer you were looking for doesn't mean they weren't trying to be constructive.

The way you described the issue made it sound 100% like you couldn't use your mouse and hit your keybinds at the same time therefore people assumed you clicked and didn't have keybinds, which really made the most sense in this situation. Sorry you didn't like it.

Good luck on the kill, hope you figure it out quickly; seems like your issue is an easy fix.
    Last edited by Octa; 2014-08-15 at 12:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methyl View Post
    All those abilities you listed are off the GCD, you really just need to get more comfortable with your key-bindings then if you're struggling to continue dpsing while spinning and moving with your mouse.
    That's what i thought as well. I have two binds for vigilance, one for mouseover action and one for casting it at my focus (which is regulary the other tank so i can easily track his stacks). It's important (to me) that i can use it without looking at my keyboard or thinking about it at any given time, especially when it's regulary part of a cooldown chain/rotation on several encounter.

But honestly the annihilate sheningans shouldn't be important at this point, i finished my second set of gear (full prot first, now full fury) at 4/4 upgrades this week and even runner ups should have most parts covered for their main pieces. Just cut down on the healers (3-4 are sufficient for the whole instance) and have your regular dps improve before you maximise vengeance with some risky tactics. It's more important that you can learn each phase consitently and you should only worry about maximisation if your team nail it down to < x% each and every try and getting stuck somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karjis View Post
    Any1 got custom lua script to make the Shield barrier absorb amount 130,000 or 130k not 130000
    http://pastebin.com/QwiZ5q2J

Hey guys

I'm having problems on 25H Thok with the bats. They seem to spawn in a lot of different places and I can't pick them up with one TC and a dragon roar before they start wailing on the other tank and kill him. I've tried Mocking banner too and they don't seem to be affected by it.

Do the bats come out in the same place each time or does it depend on where the DPS are stacking? We are two tanking this and we are both around 580 iLVL so we are overgeared for the content.

Should we solo tank this on 25man? I don't use my offspec much and it's got low item level so I'd be lucky to pull 250K dps in it.

Can anyone reccommend the best Vid for strat for this? everyone on the team is looking at a different video and we are working at crossed purposes because of this.

As usual your help will be appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mocking Banner -does- work on the bats, but they can take a couple of seconds to respond to it sometimes. At first I had some problems with them flapping through my banner and meleeing a healer before the taunt kicked in. Once I started putting my banner down a little earlier and a little further out towards their spawn point, it started working fine for me.

Cool

I'll drop it a bit earlier then. Do they always spawn in the same spot and do they always spawn together? It seemed like they were spawning in different places when I tanked them. As the tank any mistake we make that causes a wipe is obvious for everyone in the raid so I want to make sure I have as much information as possible before raid tonight. I cringe every time I cause a wipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tighe View Post
    Cool

I'll drop it a bit earlier then. Do they always spawn in the same spot and do they always spawn together? It seemed like they were spawning in different places when I tanked them. As the tank any mistake we make that causes a wipe is obvious for everyone in the raid so I want to make sure I have as much information as possible before raid tonight. I cringe every time I cause a wipe.
    I'm pretty sure that they always spawn in the same place, though I confess I never really looked up to watch them spawn. I guess it depends on your boss and raid positioning, but they spawn somewhere up in the far left corner of the room (assuming "left" = you facing into the room, with the exit behind you). Most people do the poison phase as their second phase with bats - we did at least - and we simply had the boss positioned lengthways and the raid on the far side of the boss to where the bats spawn, meaning the bats have to cross through the boss to reach the raid. With the raid bunched up alongside the boss, I just put my banner on the opposite side of the boss to the raid, roughly at his mid-point. The bats then have to cross through the boss and past my banner to get anywhere near the raid, which gives them plenty of time to be affected by the taunt.

I'm not sure what kind of positioning you're using if you're getting the bats spreading all over? Maybe if you're doing Blue phase second instead of Green, I guess the bats would have to cross the whole room to get to you and would have time to spread out? Either that or maybe your raid groups are too far apart? Usually we had all our healers in one place, the bats would always gravitate to either the healer clump or the MT, so it was never a problem to get them.

Deleted
    Hello guys. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, if it is not then sorry. I'm the RL of a 10 man heroic raiding guild. Our warrior tank seems to be taking much more damage than other tanks (DK, Pala) and pulls much less dps than them. These are the logs of our last night (please ignore the dk and lock, they're poorly geared alts), could you tell me if our tank is doing something wrong, both in terms of tanking and damage output? Thank you for your help!

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...e-done&boss=-2

EDIT: i didn't notice i didn't post the logs! Hahaha
    Last edited by mmoc374b954157; 2014-08-21 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CardboxHero View Post
    Hello guys. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, if it is not then sorry. I'm the RL of a 10 man heroic raiding guild. Our warrior tank seems to be taking much more damage than other tanks (DK, Pala) and pulls much less dps than them. These are the logs of our last night (please ignore the dk and lock, they're poorly geared alts), could you tell me if our tank is doing something wrong, both in terms of tanking and damage output? Thank you for your help!

EDIT: i didn't notice i didn't post the logs! Hahaha
    Just from looking briefly at the logs and comparing to other protection warriors in 10 man, his Shield Block usage seems to be lowish. Overall just from boss fights he/she shows using Shield Block 123 times while other protection warriors I've noticed have about 180+ which will reduce the damage he is taking pretty significantly. Plus the extra Shield Block usage will in theory increase his overall damage done because of the extra Shield Slam damage is provides (if using the glyph of course). That's just my 2 cents though.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Well from everything you described it seemed to be a clicking issue, it wasn't meant to be insulting and it was meant to be constructive. Because quite frankly I don't understand how someone who is on heroic garrosh can't play a tank and dodge things/move their character and still DPS unless they're clicking. The fact that 3 people thought the exact same thing is pretty significant IMO. If it really is as simple as you're swinging out too far from the boss, how did you not pick up that you were out of range to hit him and adjust to it already? I still kinda don't believe you're not clicking to me because being able to move and use your abilities properly (which means gain your primary resource) is a very basic tank skill and that really doesn't make sense to me, but I'll take your word for it. Again, that's not meant to be insulting, it's just how I, and clearly others, saw it.
    Just because someone didn't give you the answer you were looking for doesn't mean they weren't trying to be constructive.

The way you described the issue made it sound 100% like you couldn't use your mouse and hit your keybinds at the same time therefore people assumed you clicked and didn't have keybinds, which really made the most sense in this situation. Sorry you didn't like it.

Good luck on the kill, hope you figure it out quickly; seems like your issue is an easy fix.

Sorry for being so brash and bitchy, I realize you guys are just trying to help and I shouldn't have snapped. Everything is key bound yes, but I suppose I am not comfortable with them 100% (and honestly didn't know demo banner was off the GCD- noob mistake). So thank you for the advice and sorry I took it the wrong way- I really do appreciate the info you guys provide for all my questions!

Deleted
    also, is it me or do you spend most of the time trying to stand IN annihilates vs actually doing damage to him during transition 1? I'm always running all over the place
    I don't know if the concept of "mechanics" is as embraced in WoW as in SC2 but it boils down to that. How fast you are at executing your abilities etc. You should be as efficient at your rotation while moving as when standing still basicly, and throwing banners etc should be second nature. Ofc being totally fluid requires some practice but it should be something to aim for and is very doable in a game like WoW.

Deleted
    How to improve my dps on HC garrosh without padding? How much of an increase is it if I get HC WF weapon?
    Im rank 14 atm but would like to improve, tho everyone at top 10 have padded their dps by some margin. p1/p4 adds.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done

Hey guys, just wanted to say thank you for always taking the time to enlighten me with all your knowledge of prot wars! I was a complete noob warrior when I joined my H25 guild and you guys really made the difference in making me a much better tank than I could have done on my own. We finally killed Garrosh last week and the officers were kind enough to give me one of the first mounts for improving so much over the course of progression for our guild XD So i kinda owe it to you guys for that!

If you're bored and want to watch our kill video here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI6HRbB8VK8

beware, its not a very clean kill but for being my first ever end raid boss on heroic I'm quite proud of it in a super nerdy way. Cant wait for farm so I can try to improve my tanking even more! thanks again guys you rock!

Grats on the kill. Great video really enjoyed the end. The leap was fantastic.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great video! Grats on your kill mate

Deleted
    Thinking of going full crit built, i'm currently 584 ilvl. Is it worth? I solo tank thok so that's also something to consider as the survivability loss may be too substantial.

Deleted
    I think like end of 2013 we ended up seeing that the crit difference between a full crit and avoidance builds was small enough and the avoidance difference big one, so came down to not worth it. The dmg was somewhat similar too, no big differences.