Deleted

[MW] Jin'rokh the Breaker Healing Question

So i read the other day that monks should only really practice fist weaving if there is significant downtime in a fight where low healing output is required or if there is a boss mechanic which increases your damage by more than 50%. Jin'rokh gives the buff 'Fluidity' when stood in pools which:
    Increases healing taken by 60%.
    Increases damage done by 40%.
    Increases Nature damage taken by 50%

So would it be any significant benefit to use fist weaving for this fight in particular? Am i also right in thinking on HC mode this wouldn't be an option as people have to spread out in the pools, most likely stopping your from being in melee range?

I know its face roll as it is but always looking for ways to improve :P

Deleted
    I used fistweaving on normal mode after my guild had killed it a few times and i ranked on WoL, on hc I don't bother with it. I use Chi Burst, Chi Torpedo and TFT as much as poss, but keep TFT for the lightning storm if possible.

Fistweaving would definitely be a viable option for when you have the "fluidity" buff but i prefer to keep my Chi charged for when damage hits, and be ready and positioned for effective Torpedos/Chi Bursts. Fistweaving makes that more difficult.

Also on heroic it helps to use Life Cocoon on yourself so you can spam heal the raid during the lightning storm

Normal Jin'Rokh
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...1081#Osc%C3%A2

HC Jin'Rokh
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...2242#Osc%C3%A2

Worth noting I done 75.8k dps on normal mode, If your raid struggles to beat the enrage that can be the difference you need
    Last edited by mmoc924921b23f; 2013-06-12 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox2311 View Post
    So i read the other day that monks should only really practice fist weaving if there is significant downtime in a fight where low healing output is required or if there is a boss mechanic which increases your damage by more than 50%. Jin'rokh gives the buff 'Fluidity' when stood in pools which:
    Increases healing taken by 60%.
    Increases damage done by 40%.
    Increases Nature damage taken by 50%

So would it be any significant benefit to use fist weaving for this fight in particular? Am i also right in thinking on HC mode this wouldn't be an option as people have to spread out in the pools, most likely stopping your from being in melee range?

I know its face roll as it is but always looking for ways to improve :P
    It really is not that beneficial to fistweave on this boss. If you have enough down time to actualy do enough damage to matter then you should have a healer go dps. My group is switching for me to solo heal this fight next time.

It absolutely is something you should be doing, on normal or heroic. Stand in pools and dps your heart out. Just make sure you have your renewing mists rolling, and use TfT right before a lightening storm and you're golden.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shotz View Post
    It absolutely is something you should be doing, on normal or heroic. Stand in pools and dps your heart out. Just make sure you have your renewing mists rolling, and use TfT right before a lightening storm and you're golden.
    That's probably true for 10 man, in 25 man my torpedo and Chi Burst heal more then the eminence because melee and ranged are always stacked