Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    "Pride. It is the most insidious of sha. It is good until it is bad. And then it is more dangerous than all the others combined."

If you look at it that way; PRIDE, even in real life, eventualy leads to hatred, anger, violance, fear, doubt and despair. Regardless of how you look at it.
    Not necessarily, but yes, people being people, things tend to run away sometimes. We can see the effect in causes that used to be underdog, but now demand "You must love us, and make everything go our way, because you treated us nasty before". "But I thought you just wanted tolerance, and didn't want us caring about people's personal lives" ... "Not good enough any more, love me!"

I can take Orcs being in charge of the Horde. It doesn't mean I have to kiss their butts as a Tauren or Blood Elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    "Pride. It is the most insidious of sha. It is good until it is bad. And then it is more dangerous than all the others combined."

If you look at it that way; PRIDE, even in real life, eventualy leads to hatred, anger, violance, fear, doubt and despair. Regardless of how you look at it.
    For some reason that makes me think of the Darth Vader speech about the dark side. But yes that is true, doesn't mean i have to like the blue pride monkey. But of course I should have been asleep hours ago so i will go do that.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 05:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Seven Sha makes sense. Y'Shaarj is referred to as having 'seven heads', and 'breathing seven breaths'. There is also a reference to a seven-eyed goat in Yoggy's puzzle box. The Emperor has seven burdens, during which he imprisoned the Sha. There is absolutely nothing that points to there only being six.

As for Pride, that has been hinted at for a long time. Pride was the last emotion the Emperor didn't cast away, and it was his pride that caused the mists to begin with (as he believed the Pandaren people could deal with their own problems). Pride was pretty much confirmed in 5.3 by Shaohao himself upon completing that climb-the-mountain quest.

Quite frankly, if it were anything other than pride, *I* would be disappointed.
    Ok lets just pretend this is still 5.2 so we stop talking about Shaohao on the summit because that doesn't matter. Because at that moment that they released that they confrimed it would be the Sha of pride. So its 5.2 and there is a seventh sha, it turns out they pick Pride (which is lame as i have said) Can I not still be disappointed they chose pride to be what they put into the game?

I think you're confusing the sha with the Homunculi from FMA.

Though FMA's pride could totally be a sha.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    I think you're confusing the sha with the Homunculi from FMA.

Though FMA's pride could totally be a sha.
    At least he had a legit evil plan.

STILL going to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    Ok lets just pretend this is still 5.2 so we stop talking about Shaohao on the summit because that doesn't matter. Because at that moment that they released that they confrimed it would be the Sha of pride. So its 5.2 and there is a seventh sha, it turns out they pick Pride (which is lame as i have said) Can I not still be disappointed they chose pride to be what they put into the game?
    Sure, that's your right.
    Out of curiosity, what would you have done instead?

Sure, that's your right.
    Out of curiosity, what would you have done instead?
    The Sha of Spousal Abuse?
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quite frankly, if it were anything other than pride, *I* would be disappointed.
    This hits the nail on the head. Squabble over whether to call it hubris or whatever all you want, most players of the game will react more to PRIDE. Most people will not put 2 and 2 together and figure out that the Sha are NOT the typical Seven Sins but are merely the emotional states that lead to suffering, but then most of those people WON'T CARE. It doesn't even take much thought to recognize that Pride would be the strongest Sha, Garrosh is proud to the extreme in his orcish heritage, his father, and the horde itself. He stamps out weakness and rejects those who do not share his beliefs, and the worse he gets, the more tremendous the power of the Sha gets.

Hell you don't even need to dig through the lore for this, just look at the WoW community itself. All of the ragey moronic debates that explode all over the forums stem from the fact that people are too high strung to admit that there might be more than one way to look at things and things just go up in flames.

I can't be bothered to check through the old forum threads but i'm sure DOZENS of people called the Sha of Pride as the 7th sha from back in 5.1. My vote was in for Pride after finishing heart of fear on lfr. It's the only thing that made sense.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 11:24 AM ----------

You CAN be disappointed, no one's stopping you. But in a forum of open debate, many people are still free to call you ridiculous. Pandaria's lore, while perhaps not award winning material, was considerably better than the horse piss that cataclysm, Classic, Burning Crusade, and Trial of the Grand Crusader were.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Except in that interview he said there were only 6 sha. I always felt there would be a seventh but that wasn't really what this thread was about. It was about disappointment that it ended up being pride.
    The very first thing said in your source link is that there are 7 Sha.

OP doesn't read quest text.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The other six were pretty basic emotions. The seventh doesn't need to be anything special.
    Honestly the Sha should not have been pride but rather Hubris(excessive pride) but most people haven't an idea what hubris is nor does it flow well. Pride in itself is not a bad thing whereas every other sha name is almost 99% of the time considered a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Honestly the Sha should not have been pride but rather Hubris(excessive pride) but most people haven't an idea what hubris is nor does it flow well. Pride in itself is not a bad thing whereas every other sha name is almost 99% of the time considered a bad thing.
    I was thinking Arrogance myself. Hubris is generally associated to feeling superior to a god or deity of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    There's actually a condition that causes people to not feel fear. They usually have a vastly lower life expectancy. All of these emotions have a purpose, though it's not always one that is still needed in a civilized world.

Also keep in mind Shaohao's explanation of Pride. It represents not only Hubris.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    I was thinking Arrogance myself. Hubris is generally associated to feeling superior to a god or deity of some kind.
    But if you cut out the assumption of the existence of gods, thinking you're "better than everyone else" becomes kind of a modern, secular form of hubris.

Liking the way you are and preferring to mix with your own kind is only natural. The problem comes with superiority complexes, and that's what Shaohao fell victim to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    By the look of the title it seems that he browses le 9gag too xD

Double fail to you dear OP.

In before Sha of Gay Pride ;-)
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Deleted
    Yea, after the Sha of Glutony it was all real obvious... Wait...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The very first thing said in your source link is that there are 7 Sha.
    The interviewer says 7 but the interviewee corrects him with six. pretty sure its the person being interviewed that matters.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 02:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    poster doesn't read thread.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 02:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber View Post
    In before Sha of Gay Pride ;-)
    Garrosh would have looke FABULOUS! in rainbow colors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah all these SHA bosses are kinda BLAH...To me anyways, I did like how they would make other bosses go crazy and act weird. I hope the next exp they add some stuff where people can jump in and help out without needing to tag baddies, Kinda like they do with Daily bosses you know? Bored sorry.

The interviewer says 7 but the interviewee corrects him with six. pretty sure its the person being interviewed that matters.
    Except he doesn't. He says there's 6 in the game, he doesn't say there's 6 total and never corrects the comment regarding there being 7.

Which, technically, is true. In 5.0 there were only 6 Sha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    It still feels like a lame copout from doing anything original. Yeah I know Blizz always likes borrowing from pre-existing lore but this just felt even more disappointing for some reason.
    And what original would have been just make a mix up of the others? Plus War, Destruction, Chaos are random "badass" terms that don't have relation with the Sha, Sha are about negative emotions, and Pride has been showed as the most vicious and insidious. This make sense, what you suggested not.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-12 at 09:02 PM.