Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Who wants to bet 10 gnome heads that Sha of Pride is a heroic only boss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    It seems the Sha of Pride is an early boss of the raid, not the opposite. Still, i have only 7 gnome heads, so i guess i have to screw up the bet.

It is prideful and has its gold bling to prove it. Other than that, it is a Sha. It looks like a Sha. What more do you expect?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    I would hope not! Ridding Pandaria of the Sha is a pretty major plotline in this expansion and to close it off to the .1% wouldn't be very fair on the rest of us...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenzooom View Post
    I'm quite dissapointed they keep showing so many freaking sha's, I think they're boring.
    But this one has jewelry!
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Except he doesn't. He says there's 6 in the game, he doesn't say there's 6 total and never corrects the comment regarding there being 7.

Which, technically, is true. In 5.0 there were only 6 Sha.
    Exactly. He very carefully made statements to make it sound like he was dismissing the idea of the seventh Sha (like "that was from an early draft of the story"), but "We really only see six Sha in the game" is not the same as "There are only six Sha, period, now and forever."

Heck, remember when people began to speculate about what Blizzard's trademarking of "Mists of Pandaria" might mean? Blizzard deflected it by saying that those sorts of trademarks are usually used for other stuff (books, toys, etc), while never actually saying it wouldn't be the next expansion.

Just ask any D&D player who checks a room for traps if he trusts the DM when he's told "You don't detect any traps" instead of "There are no traps."
    Last edited by Khime; 2013-06-12 at 09:37 PM.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should have been this guy:

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure if im not more shocked of your use of "le" in the headline.

Anyway, sha of pride was announced ages ago. i think it´s fitting, thou i don´t like the corrupted Garrosh model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why go with the seven deadly sins and not war/chaos/disease? Cause four horsemen has already been done.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Why go with the seven deadly sins and not war/chaos/disease? Cause four horsemen has already been done.
    And then Blizz came along and did neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    The Sha are not the deadly sins. They're negative emotions. Just because Pride is also a deadly sin doesn't mean the rest are.

For reference, the other six deadly sins are lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, and envy. None of these are Sha.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 12:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And then Blizz came along and did neither.
    Wasn't the Four Horsemen council fight in Naxx a reference?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    Anyone else disappointed that its the Sha of Pride and not something original(sin)? I was hoping they would make the final one an amalgamation of the other six, like War, Destruction, Chaos etc. But no they go with the lame seven deadly sins shtick.

BLAH!
    only 1 sha is relative to the 7 deadly sins....so its not really shtick...

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I find disappointing its that they literally reuse the same exact Sha model ever time and just re-color it. It be nice if each sha was somehow shaped to resemble their attribute.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Only thing I find disappointing its that they literally reuse the same exact Sha model ever time and just re-color it. It be nice if each sha was somehow shaped to resemble their attribute.
    How does one 'resemble' doubt or hatred, exactly?

Pride = Pride

Wrath = Anger, Violence, maybe Hatred too

Gluttony has no sha.

Sloth has no sha. sure, the people affected by Despair are sloth like but what they're suffering from is despair, and not laziness.

Envy has no sha.

Greed has no Sha.

Lust has no sha.

So yeah people assuming they're the seven deadly sins need to look past the number seven. The only ones that match one to one are pride, where as several sha could fit Wrath and the rest don't fit any sha.

Being that the sha all correspond to emotion, I think pride was the best thing to go with as the final sha. Shaohao's speech about it may be slightly cliche but he still has a point about the nature of pride, not just the sha but pride in general. "It is good, until it is bad." As in good at first but then terrible when you let it go too far. A fitting end to the sha storyline.

Anyone else disappointed that its the Sha of Pride and not something original(sin)? I was hoping they would make the final one an amalgamation of the other six, like War, Destruction, Chaos etc. But no they go with the lame seven deadly sins shtick.

BLAH!
    Except it's not seven deadly sins at all. Fear is not a deadly sin. Neither is despair. Neither is doubt. And anger, hatred and violence are the same sin - wrath. Basically you have no idea what you are talking about.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more disappointed with the facet it uses the same models as all the Shas.
    None of them should be like the others in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I'm more disappointed with the facet it uses the same models as all the Shas.
    None of them should be like the others in the first place.
    Which Sha model are you unhappy they reused? Hatred, Fear, Doubt, and Anger all have different models - different arrangements of spines around the face, more/fewer spines down their backs, etc. Sha of Pride's facial horns are different than any of the prior ones, and his back spikes are a lot less smooth and more 'spikey' than other models. They're obviously based on the same base model, and they use the same animations/skeletons, but they're all different models. Look at 'em side by side in a 3D viewer with the skins turned off.

Deleted

BLAH!
    why would the four horsemen of acopolypse be sins

I thought Pride was the original sin?