Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    All I know is, this Sha of Pride fellow had better drop a lil baby sha-ling battle pet. and by baby sha-ling I mean I mini version of the big shas, not those lil shadowfiend looking ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sad he is not a rainbow.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    The sha of lust makes you . . . oh nvm
    The Sha of Tentacle rape!

Boss mechanics include... well tentacles! Avoid them or you get caught and one shotted as your characters commits seppuku to avoid the terrible fate that awaits him/her.

So we've gone from wailing about how Pandaria has nothing to do with anything and Blizzard should have made an expansion about "established content..."

...to wailing about a raid boss being established across an expansion instead of being something completely different.

They obviously need to replace Chris Metzen with M. Night Shyamalan. After After Earth, he's probably available.

Quote Originally Posted by Renchard View Post
    They obviously need to replace Chris Metzen with M. Night Shyamalan. After After Earth, he's probably available.
    SPOILER: Azeroth was actually some neckbeard's miniatures set all along!

Tsuna - Well, I hope so, because the average person sees gay pride, and asian/african pride, and everything else as OK, but "white pride" is seen as automagically racist.

Yes, I would rather have seen the word hubris rather than pride, because the word "pride" has been abused beyond all reasonable meaning in modern Western society.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 11:30 PM ----------

And yes, I find the rapist tentacles disturbing, and I once pllayed "Day of the Tentacle". You remember, evil purple tentacle and all that.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 12:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    I thought Pride was the original sin?
    Well, if you take Genesis at face value, yeah, it is.

The serpent didn't lie, but Adam and Eve shouldn't have listened - it was their pride that made them partake of the forbidden fruit that would make them as gods.
    Last edited by FunkyRaccoon; 2013-06-13 at 05:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I am sad he is not a rainbow.
    Hah! that would be funny looking! And the unicorns?!

10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldnt mind a sha of chaos... then his minion could be general disarray
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Which Sha model are you unhappy they reused? Hatred, Fear, Doubt, and Anger all have different models - different arrangements of spines around the face, more/fewer spines down their backs, etc. Sha of Pride's facial horns are different than any of the prior ones, and his back spikes are a lot less smooth and more 'spikey' than other models. They're obviously based on the same base model, and they use the same animations/skeletons, but they're all different models. Look at 'em side by side in a 3D viewer with the skins turned off.
    I don't think they should even have similar models. Why isn't the Sha of Anger an angry mass of muscles cleaving around? Why isn't the Sha of Fear something that can REALLY scare someone?

Doesn't matter what Blizzard does, someone is going to hate on it. No good deed goes unpunished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Doesn't matter what Blizzard does, someone is going to hate on it. No good deed goes unpunished.
    Heeeck yeah it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I don't think they should even have similar models. Why isn't the Sha of Anger an angry mass of muscles cleaving around? Why isn't the Sha of Fear something that can REALLY scare someone?
    If they didn't have similar models then they would have to make more lesser Sha to correspond with each type. Instead they went the easy route and used the same few models of lesser Sha with some slight variations. Blizzard likes to cut corners when they can - they admitted this themselves a few times. Though, I personally would have liked different color variations of Sha, at least.

On top of that, they would have had to make them look similar enough in shape, if not skins/textures. They have to be visibly similar to show that they are all the greater Sha. They're all from the same Old God and he wouldn't have seven heads that look so completely different they don't even look related somehow.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    I don't really see how it matters how they call the beast, you're actually upset because they named it sha of pride? they coulda called it sha of whatever and I don't really see the difference it would make... would still be the same boss fight and same skin

tldr; what's in a name?

Deleted
    All sha are named after a negative trait. Pride IRL is bad, therefore the name is fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    All sha are named after a negative trait. Pride IRL is bad, therefore the name is fitting.
    It is good, until it is bad...according to Emperor Shao Hao.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    It is good, until it is bad...according to Emperor Shao Hao.
    I scratched my head after he said that, Does it even makes sense?
    "It's sunny until it's cloudy. Then it's rainy. Then sunny again. Hurr durr imma wise padnaren".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I scratched my head after he said that, Does it even makes sense?
    "It's sunny until it's cloudy. Then it's rainy. Then sunny again. Hurr durr imma wise padnaren".
    In this context it does make sense.

Pride is good until it is bad. It's good you're proud of yourself and your work until you're so proud you can't take criticism, change, adapt or accept reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Pride is good until it is bad. It's good you're proud of yourself and your work until you're so proud you can't take criticism, change, adapt or accept reality.
    It does make sense in that way.
    I just couldn't figure out what he meant when he said it. I suppose it could've been worded better without losing the wise accent.

Fear isn't a deadly sin....

Lust isn't a sha...
    Gluttony and sloth aren't sha....

The sha of pride has been pretty well foreshadowed for a long time now. I'm kind of surprised you're disappointed.

Anger
    Despair
    Fear
    Doubt
    Hatred
    Pride
    Violence

Not really derived from the notion of sins. They're just negative emotion.

Pride is the last simply because Pride is good...until it is bad.

Honestly, it feels more Star Wars "dark side of the Force" derived than any Judeo Christian "deadly sins" thematic to me.