Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle.
    Q. how can you kill that which has no life?
    A. sword of 1000 truths
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week a man is born with a face on the back of his head, and it whispers demonic messages to him at night

They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle.
    Am I the only one who thinks this story is getting really, really, really lame?

its could be empowerment not corruption. for instance maby we get him down to 10% and then he shouts/roars and then all of us get stunned for a lil bit while wait and listen to him give a speach and then he runs off to sum device and get empowered. for all we no this could be sum thing he sticks his hand/body/ weapon in and it empowers him and then the next phase of the fight begins where he is corrupted with a bunch of new mechanics like shadows etc. i think it could make for an interesting fight

Quote Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this story is getting really, really, really lame?
    No It's just getting stale I personally think the old god theme's the best even if It's reused 999999999999 billion times now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    No It's just getting stale I personally think the old god theme's the best even if It's reused 999999999999 billion times now lol
    I'd have to go with this too. They just don't seem as ominous or mysterious when you beat one back every expansion. It's a good concept but they are over using it.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    In most cases IF an old one does die aka Yarsharj remains of It will linger hence the titans imprisoned them in addition within the stone of halls killing an old god would apparently kill the world since there ''part'' of it or some shit like that.
    I reckon it's more that killing an Old God (like Y'shaarj was well and truly killed, to the point where he cannot return as his old self) 'curses' the land and people in a way that simply cannot be purged in any way short of actual annihilation of the world in question.

Also, kudos to all people explaining the concept in a much more coherent manner. x)

From what we can gather (though we won't know 100%) Garrosh is not corrupted by Y'shaarj. He takes the power, of his own accord, from the Heart of Y'shaarj. There is a very distinct if subtle difference here.

"Corruption" in wow tends to mean being influenced or changed by outside forces. Garrosh so far as we know is not 'corrupted' in the sense that Y'shaarj takes over his actions, or influences his mind. The little evidence we do have points instead towards Garrosh TAKING the power of his own will to use against us when he's backed into a corner. This 'corruption' is nothing but a last minute power boost to tie the story of Pandaria into the Org raid and give a reason why a mere (if very powerful) orc can stand up as the last boss of an expansion after Kel'thuzzad, Kil'jaeden, Lich King and Deathwing. His motivations are still his own. His actions are still of his own free will. There's no evil force whispering into his ear. No maddening influence driving him to extremes unless you count the two armies tearing through his fortress for his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=68975

Sounds like it! I'm excited.
    What... WHAT DID HE DO TO GOREHOWL!?

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=144748#see-also-other

Look closely at the spell icon, it's got the same exact curve as Gorehowl, that fool done ruined the damn axe of legend.
    Last edited by NatePsychotic; 2013-06-13 at 02:29 PM.

Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Well who says he is corrupted? It is also a possibility that we fight Garrosh in his normal form but as he gets close to losing he gets desperate and calls for the Sha to help him and then turns in to his Sha form.
    Like father, like son. Hellscreams always seem to have a problem with the "ogar" part of the orcish battle cry. They'll do anything they can for the lok'tar.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 02:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Look closely at the spell icon, it's got the same exact curve as Gorehowl, that fool done ruined the damn axe of legend.
    He proved Old Gods and Orcs were a far better combination than Demons and Orcs.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 02:44 PM ----------

I'd have to go with this too. They just don't seem as ominous or mysterious when you beat one back every expansion. It's a good concept but they are over using it.
    But they shouldn't be seen as mysterious any more but rather the looming direct threat to everyone on Azeroth. Their intentions are well known, and unlike the Legion, they are still a force to be reckoned with on Azeroth and beyond. Which is why they are ultimately a lot more fun than boring old demons.
    Last edited by Moon Blade; 2013-06-13 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    But they shouldn't be seen as mysterious any more but rather the looming direct threat to everyone on Azeroth. Their intentions are well known, and unlike the Legion, they are still a force to be reckoned with on Azeroth and beyond. Which is why they are ultimately a lot more fun than boring old demons.
    They should be mysterious. That's exactly the problem with them if you ask me.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

I like it. Yay opinions. No one cares if you're sick of Blizzard. Just go away and get over it.

Old gods were mysterious at the beginning, but you can't keep them that way forever as we gradually encounter more of them and learn more about them.

Yet we live in an age where everyone wants an exact sequel to TBC which would be an even further example of reused concepts.

garrosh and deathwing are completely different........ what an example
    Same Shit Different Day

I don't think he is corrupt. I think he actually is in full control of his sha powers. Too proud/enraged to see what he is doing perhaps and too into the pure horde but i think he sees himself as infused with a weapon if anything
    www.cherishyourit.ca MCTS - Win 7, MCTS - AD, A+, Security+

Wonder if the people complaining here would bitch about resident evil about being about a zombie virus, or Mario always saving the princess.

Get over it people, Old Gods and Corruption are the main story points for wow.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Yet we live in an age where everyone wants an exact sequel to TBC which would be an even further example of reused concepts.
    People don't know what they want half the time anyway so this isn't really surprising. It's also not really relevant to my point. I don't care about them reusing concepts. I just the think the story of the old gods would be better if they didn't cram one into every expansion and instead stuck to the original idea behind them being mysterious with unknowable goals and agendas.

I tend to find that the majority of people who complain about changes in the story are saying its bad writting but the truth of the matter is they would hate it no matter what happened because they are the kind of people who do not deal well with changes of any nature.

Would you rather fight "Panda Suit Garrosh" instead? Or maybe "Master of Mammoths Garrosh" would be more surprising. How does "Bloated from eating too many Darkmoon Faire corndogs Garrosh" sound?

OP, this is a silly thing to get upset about.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I tend to find that the majority of people who complain about changes in the story are saying its bad writting but the truth of the matter is they would hate it no matter what happened because they are the kind of people who do not deal well with changes of any nature.
    "Bad writing" just means "I don't like it" but I think it makes them feel smarter.