Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    How about he just went bats**t because *he* went crazy...
    Pretty sure that IS the story. But whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Something that doesn't involve corruption, which has been used to death by Blizzard?
    How about he just went bats**t because *he* went crazy, not the usual "lulul Old God's did it" crap Blizz throws around all the time now. Why can't he just have gone insane due to the pressures of being a tyrant and trying to control his people, rather than this boring, staid, standard crap they always use.

Oh wait, it's probably so when we "cleanse" him of the corruption, Thrall comes in, and he begs Thrall for forgiveness then hands over the Warchief mantle to "Where it rightly belongs", or some boring, mind-numbing crap as usual *sigh*.
    He wasn't corrupted, he was evil and a tyrant ALL BY HIMSELF. But he needs more than an axe to be an expansion boss.

So no. Old Gods didn't do it. The Sha didn't do it. Garrosh did it.
    English is not my first language, feel free to correct any mistake I may make.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    He wasn't corrupted, he was evil and a tyrant ALL BY HIMSELF. But he needs more than an axe to be an expansion boss.

Besides, they need something that actually resembles a boss fight. An unempowered Garrosh would just be flailing at you with his axe. Hardly a boss-worthy encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

We don't know that though. Both views are just speculation. We know he was a tyrant and tried to hold onto things, but it could quite easily be he opened himself up to "corruption" early on, or he might just plead for assistance near the end of the battle. Until it happens, we won't *fully* know. The model we see for phase 3 or whatever looks pretty corrupted to me.

I am hoping though, he *is* just a lunatic all by himself, KT style. It's far more interesting and fully developed to my mind than this whole corruption malarky. Sure, its a great storytelling tool, but I feel Blizz have used it just a bit *too* much recently. Why can't we just have some good old fashioned bad guys who just want to blow stuff up?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Besides, they need something that actually resembles a boss fight. An unempowered Garrosh would just be flailing at you with his axe. Hardly a boss-worthy encounter.
    Yeah garrosh flailing at us with tentacles is soooo much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Kinda like The Lich King flailing at you with his sword.

o wait
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

we do know, http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=68975
    the encounter has been datamined

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yeah garrosh flailing at us with tentacles is soooo much better.
    If it was some original new power that he was using as a weapon you'd say blizz just makes shit up out of nowhere am I right?

I'll be honest with you, I saw Garrosh being Corrupted from a Mile away... I was not expecting him to look like this, though

Still waiting for a "I'm looking forward to ... in 5.4" thread. Seriously how many more complainers are going to start threads this morning.

OT: Garrosh looks just like we have been expecting him to look, like he's trying to make himself as powerful as possible. I can't wait to kill him.

Some people seem to have a hard time understanding the point of this thread. My quarrel is with the fact that he's 'Corrupted', which is so boring and obvious, not that it'd be Garrosh as the last boss.
    My Warrior
    Arms Proving Grounds Guide
    When you walk among the Black Forest...you will see.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post

o wait
    That's a bad comparison it would be more like arthas swinging his sword, not the lich king.

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    That's a bad comparison it would be more like arthas swinging his sword, not the lich king.
    aren't they the same person

god damn this shit is confusing
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Some people seem to have a hard time understanding the point of this thread. My quarrel is with the fact that he's 'Corrupted', which is so boring and obvious, not that it'd be Garrosh as the last boss.
    You still don't seem to get that he's not corrupted though.

honestly, what will probably happen is we'll enter the fight and Garrosh -won't- be in his corrupted sha form. we fight him, we beat him down, then his last phase he gets all made and turns sha-infested.

and really, I was expecting as much.

aren't they the same person

god damn this shit is confusing
    arthas without his lich king powers is not the same guy as with his lich king powers. not confusing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    This is the same beef I have. I have no problem with corruption, it's quite interesting, and as mentioned before, a fantasy/writing staple. However, my only beef is that it is being overused in WoW. Every time something goes gribbly, it usually falls to Old Gods, or Burning Legion. Rarely just the protoganist themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Chireru93 View Post
    honestly, what will probably happen is we'll enter the fight and Garrosh -won't- be in his corrupted sha form. we fight him, we beat him down, then his last phase he gets all made and turns sha-infested.

and really, I was expecting as much.
    Not what happens, it is in the dungeon journal he is using the heart of the old god as a weapon, not the other way around.

At 30% health Garrosh will absorb the remaining power of Y'shaarj, gaining full energy, empowering all of his abilities.

o wait
    Strongest death knight fused with the powers of an ancient shaman turned Lich King... compared to brawny orc with an axe.

One's an insanely powerful magical being once empowered by the Burning Legion, someone who can raise armies from death. The other's a brawny orc with an axe.

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    You still don't seem to get that he's not corrupted though.
    "Intermission: Realm of Y'shaarj
    Periodically the call of Y'shaarj will transport Garrosh and the players into the Realm of Y'shaarj for 1 min. Garrosh will Absorb Energy from the Heart of Y'shaarj until players have defeated all Minions of Y'shaarj inside the realm and interrupt Garrosh."

Desecrate – Garrosh hurls the Desecrated Weapon at a random enemy, inflicting 97500 to 102500 Shadow damage to enemies within 15 yards and creates a Desecrated Weapon at the location.
    Desecrated Weapon – The Desecrated Weapon is seeping with Y'shaarj power, as the health of the weapon gets lower, the radius of the Desecrated ground becomes smaller.

Stage Two: Corruption of Y'shaarj
    After absorbing the Power of Y'shaarj, Garrosh will heal to full health as Y'shaarj bestows Garrosh with new abilities.

Seems like it to me...