Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As expected as when we got Lich King as final boss in Wrath of the Lich King I pressume?
    Dont judge the encounter before you've tried it, so shhhh.
    Norwegian and proud if it, not really. But I am. Too bad beer and tobaco is so damn expensive here.

Why cant people understand he corrupted him self?
    All that you have accomplised... all that you have won... yet still you lick the boots of kings.

I think some people don't understand the difference between "Garrosh is corrupted" and "Garrosh will become corrupted".
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince McMahon
    Puke is good. Puke is nice. It fits the WWF Attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    Not what happens, it is in the dungeon journal he is using the heart of the old god as a weapon, not the other way around.

At 30% health Garrosh will absorb the remaining power of Y'shaarj, gaining full energy, empowering all of his abilities.
    But from the start he is using a "Desecrated Weapon", which is imbued with the power. Now unless you can somehow wield an Old God infested weapon without experiencing corruption, then who knows.

Besides, it is a moot point, he gets corrupted in the end.

If it was some original new power that he was using as a weapon you'd say blizz just makes shit up out of nowhere am I right?
    Then i would know that they at least try to do someting, rather than "so someone is evil ? Old gods did it !!! Copy paste tentacles onto everything !!!!"

arthas without his lich king powers is not the same guy as with his lich king powers. not confusing at all.
    oh.

i found a better analogy

garrosh is like hitler; he's all orcs is right compared to hitler's white is right.

so garrosh infusing his own body with the sha is like hitler infusing his own body with a menorah

and then hitler is the final boss of berlin and instead of using his charisma, the thing that got him to this point, he throws shekels at the Allies' raid

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Strongest death knight fused with the powers of an ancient shaman turned Lich King... compared to brawny orc with an axe.

One's an insanely powerful magical being once empowered by the Burning Legion, someone who can raise armies from death. The other's a brawny orc with an axe.
    we've fought brawny dudes with axes before, though, like that dude on the boat in dragon soul that nobody really liked. why do we need to change that here
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    "Intermission: Realm of Y'shaarj
    Periodically the call of Y'shaarj will transport Garrosh and the players into the Realm of Y'shaarj for 1 min. Garrosh will Absorb Energy from the Heart of Y'shaarj until players have defeated all Minions of Y'shaarj inside the realm and interrupt Garrosh."

Desecrate – Garrosh hurls the Desecrated Weapon at a random enemy, inflicting 97500 to 102500 Shadow damage to enemies within 15 yards and creates a Desecrated Weapon at the location.
    Desecrated Weapon – The Desecrated Weapon is seeping with Y'shaarj power, as the health of the weapon gets lower, the radius of the Desecrated ground becomes smaller.

Stage Two: Corruption of Y'shaarj
    After absorbing the Power of Y'shaarj, Garrosh will heal to full health as Y'shaarj bestows Garrosh with new abilities.

Seems like it to me...
    Seriously you seem to have missed the whole expansion. Did he not send the horde to pandaria to discover what powers were there in an effort to take them and use them to increase the power of the horde?

Goddamn it Godwin!

We don't know that though. Both views are just speculation. We know he was a tyrant and tried to hold onto things, but it could quite easily be he opened himself up to "corruption" early on, or he might just plead for assistance near the end of the battle. Until it happens, we won't *fully* know. The model we see for phase 3 or whatever looks pretty corrupted to me.

I am hoping though, he *is* just a lunatic all by himself, KT style. It's far more interesting and fully developed to my mind than this whole corruption malarky. Sure, its a great storytelling tool, but I feel Blizz have used it just a bit *too* much recently. Why can't we just have some good old fashioned bad guys who just want to blow stuff up?
    He was evil way before stepping on Pandaria. So yes, we know he wasn't controlled by something else. His model looks empowered by Y'shaarj, an Old God, and very similar to Cho'gall. It doesn't really matter if he uses that power willingly or not, because that "corruption" doesn't get to him until the end.
    English is not my first language, feel free to correct any mistake I may make.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Some people seem to have a hard time understanding the point of this thread. My quarrel is with the fact that he's 'Corrupted', which is so boring and obvious, not that it'd be Garrosh as the last boss.
    I fail to see reason in the quarrel, but then again, I tend to not take anyone seriously after they call content "boring and obvious". All content in any video game should be "boring and obvious" since after decades of gaming and writing they cover all the bases. You don't play it to read a book, you play it because it's a game and it engages your mental facilities in a challenge that demands analysis and execution as well as the cooperation of your allies.

And this thread title, you cannot seriously think any GOOD and constructive discussion can come of this.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Goddamn it Godwin!
    i really wish i'd thought of it sooner we could have all gone home much earlier

Seriously you seem to have missed the whole expansion. Did he not send the horde to pandaria to discover what powers were there in an effort to take them and use them to increase the power of the horde?
    i thought he was expanding because he needs to econ up so he could support more raxx
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Then i would know that they at least try to do someting, rather than "so someone is evil ? Old gods did it !!! Copy paste tentacles onto everything !!!!"
    Actually I'm right. You would find a reason to QQ I'm positive about that. Cheerio.

Ugh you're already jumping to conclusions. We know NOTHING about this raid yet. This can swing two ways A) He's corrupted by the sha of pride or B) he's empowered by the sha of pride. Imo empowered by sounds like a far more likely scenario than simply being corrupted.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I think the point finskee was making is that you'd find something else to be bitching about like so many others on the forum before so much as trying the encounter on beta or live.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    He looks like a fruity Cho'gall.

I believe it's the effect of the heart of y'saarj which he didn't have until recently.
    Exactly what I said in another post haha, He looks like Cho'gall in his teenage years
    For the Horde! And for the Earthmother!
    Armory

Not at all. How do we know he wasn't whispered b Y'Sharrj (or whatever his name is) to find them, but as he was too weak until he was dug up, he couldn't totally control Garrosh? That's how Old Gods start, small whispers advising you to do things, making you think it is your own idea, until it is too late. It's easy enough to control a war hungry person if you know the right things to say.

We just don't know until the end if he was free will from the start and then became corrupted after finding the heart, or whether he was slowly being turned from the beginning dating back to Wrath times. As I said, we don't know, it is speculation from both sides until the end of the patch shows what has happened.

Either way, I am still saddened that Old Gods are involved as usual. Whether it be from the start, or being used as a power supply, it has just been done *too* much in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    we've fought brawny dudes with axes before, though, like that dude on the boat in dragon soul that nobody really liked. why do we need to change that here
    What last boss was just a brawny dude with a big weapon of your choice though?

It's not just about a boss. It's the end boss. It would be a huge bummer if you fought through a city, killed all the cronies, then have them go "Well here, let's just have a normal warrior fight where we can't really see any special mechanics other than him leaping around, hitting you in the face, maybe summoning a couple of guards from time to time."

Then again, either way people are gunna bitch.

We just don't know until the end if he was free will from the start and then became corrupted after finding the heart, or whether he was slowly being turned from the beginning dating back to Wrath times. As I said, we don't know, it is speculation from both sides until the end of the patch shows what has happened.
    Fine... lets just say then that the guys over at Blizz haven't told us that he's not corrupted. Then we can speculate like you are.

The evidence is overwhelming that garrosh is and was evil before he came to pandaria. You just want to keep going with this whole stupid hate blizz thing. I get it.

There's always a dude "sick of Blizzard" everytime a new patch comes out or a new expansion, aw man this QQ is getting overwhelming... nobody is ever happy with anything Blizzard offers... christ...

I'm happy with everything this patch throws at me, hell, i'm happy with World of Warcraft as a whole.
    Active in WoW since 2006...

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.6Ghz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 WF3x 3Gb vRAM OC | MOBO: Asus Maximus V Extreme | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16Gb 1866Mhz | SSD: Micron mPCIe 128Gb | PWR: Seasonic M12II-850W

What last boss was just a brawny dude with a big weapon of your choice though?

It's not just about a boss. It's the end boss. It would be a huge bummer if you fought through a city, killed all the cronies, then have them go "Well here, let's just have a normal warrior fight where we can't really see any special mechanics other than him leaping around, hitting you in the face, maybe summoning a couple of guards from time to time."

Then again, either way people are gunna bitch.
    They could do some interesting things, though. How about periodically he cages some of the raid in traps, and makes small groups fight him gladiator style in random sequence, or others have to hold off the Horde whilst a small group deals with him (PvP style). Just ideas, not great ones of course, but I would just like to see something different than the usual we are seeing.

Don't get me wrong, I love Old God's/Lovecraft/Corruption etc, I just feel this has been used a little too much recently.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 11:09 AM ----------

Fine... lets just say then that the guys over at Blizz haven't told us that he's not corrupted. Then we can speculate like you are.

The evidence is overwhelming that garrosh is and was evil before he came to pandaria. You just want to keep going with this whole stupid hate blizz thing. I get it.
    Wtf? Where and when did I say "I hate Blizz"? Or even imply it?. No point discussing with you, your just assuming everything you say is correct, and trying to insult anyone who doesn't agree.