Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Goddamn it Godwin!

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    We don't know that though. Both views are just speculation. We know he was a tyrant and tried to hold onto things, but it could quite easily be he opened himself up to "corruption" early on, or he might just plead for assistance near the end of the battle. Until it happens, we won't *fully* know. The model we see for phase 3 or whatever looks pretty corrupted to me.

I am hoping though, he *is* just a lunatic all by himself, KT style. It's far more interesting and fully developed to my mind than this whole corruption malarky. Sure, its a great storytelling tool, but I feel Blizz have used it just a bit *too* much recently. Why can't we just have some good old fashioned bad guys who just want to blow stuff up?
    He was evil way before stepping on Pandaria. So yes, we know he wasn't controlled by something else. His model looks empowered by Y'shaarj, an Old God, and very similar to Cho'gall. It doesn't really matter if he uses that power willingly or not, because that "corruption" doesn't get to him until the end.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Some people seem to have a hard time understanding the point of this thread. My quarrel is with the fact that he's 'Corrupted', which is so boring and obvious, not that it'd be Garrosh as the last boss.
    I fail to see reason in the quarrel, but then again, I tend to not take anyone seriously after they call content "boring and obvious". All content in any video game should be "boring and obvious" since after decades of gaming and writing they cover all the bases. You don't play it to read a book, you play it because it's a game and it engages your mental facilities in a challenge that demands analysis and execution as well as the cooperation of your allies.

And this thread title, you cannot seriously think any GOOD and constructive discussion can come of this.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Goddamn it Godwin!
    i really wish i'd thought of it sooner we could have all gone home much earlier

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    Seriously you seem to have missed the whole expansion. Did he not send the horde to pandaria to discover what powers were there in an effort to take them and use them to increase the power of the horde?
    i thought he was expanding because he needs to econ up so he could support more raxx
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Then i would know that they at least try to do someting, rather than "so someone is evil ? Old gods did it !!! Copy paste tentacles onto everything !!!!"
    Actually I'm right. You would find a reason to QQ I'm positive about that. Cheerio.

Ugh you're already jumping to conclusions. We know NOTHING about this raid yet. This can swing two ways A) He's corrupted by the sha of pride or B) he's empowered by the sha of pride. Imo empowered by sounds like a far more likely scenario than simply being corrupted.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Then i would know that they at least try to do someting, rather than "so someone is evil ? Old gods did it !!! Copy paste tentacles onto everything !!!!"
    I think the point finskee was making is that you'd find something else to be bitching about like so many others on the forum before so much as trying the encounter on beta or live.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    He looks like a fruity Cho'gall.

I believe it's the effect of the heart of y'saarj which he didn't have until recently.
    Exactly what I said in another post haha, He looks like Cho'gall in his teenage years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    we've fought brawny dudes with axes before, though, like that dude on the boat in dragon soul that nobody really liked. why do we need to change that here
    What last boss was just a brawny dude with a big weapon of your choice though?

It's not just about a boss. It's the end boss. It would be a huge bummer if you fought through a city, killed all the cronies, then have them go "Well here, let's just have a normal warrior fight where we can't really see any special mechanics other than him leaping around, hitting you in the face, maybe summoning a couple of guards from time to time."

Then again, either way people are gunna bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    We just don't know until the end if he was free will from the start and then became corrupted after finding the heart, or whether he was slowly being turned from the beginning dating back to Wrath times. As I said, we don't know, it is speculation from both sides until the end of the patch shows what has happened.
    Fine... lets just say then that the guys over at Blizz haven't told us that he's not corrupted. Then we can speculate like you are.

The evidence is overwhelming that garrosh is and was evil before he came to pandaria. You just want to keep going with this whole stupid hate blizz thing. I get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's always a dude "sick of Blizzard" everytime a new patch comes out or a new expansion, aw man this QQ is getting overwhelming... nobody is ever happy with anything Blizzard offers... christ...

I'm happy with everything this patch throws at me, hell, i'm happy with World of Warcraft as a whole.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

Maybe he gets corrupted during the raid and everything up until then was his own actions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf? Where and when did I say "I hate Blizz"? Or even imply it?. No point discussing with you, your just assuming everything you say is correct, and trying to insult anyone who doesn't agree.
    I could say the same about you.

If saying that blizz's storytelling is getting old is not blizz hate then I'm batman.

EDIT: also you did see the title of the thread right?
    Last edited by finskee; 2013-06-12 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    What last boss was just a brawny dude with a big weapon of your choice though?
    i can't really think of any because all of their damn weapons are enchanted to do shit
    there was literally one fight last expansion which was 'dude with weapon and adds', ONE DAMN FIGHT
    i mean how would blizzard know that they can't create a purely martially kitted-out boss, they haven't tried

can i say Magtheridon? cos he was a giant dude with a sword and magic wasn't the emphasis on the encounter

It's not just about a boss. It's the end boss. It would be a huge bummer if you fought through a city, killed all the cronies, then have them go "Well here, let's just have a normal warrior fight where we can't really see any special mechanics other than him leaping around, hitting you in the face, maybe summoning a couple of guards from time to time."

Then again, either way people are gunna bitch.
    a completely normal warrior can bring plenty of spectacle to the fight, and "warrior" isn't the only distinction Garrosh has, he's also a pretty inspiring leader

i mean if the complaint is just "not enough particle effects" then bring some particle effects. have him throw things around the arena; axes, bolas, bombs, tables, people, anything he can pick up, he hasn't been hitting the gym for no reason. give him some huge stomp and shockwave effects. have him set stuff on fire and shatter pillars to destroy the environment

make shattered hand assassins leap into the fight, make dragonmaw forces spray the area with fireballs, make kor'kron enforcers bash people around the arena, make goblin siege engineers hurl demolisher shots into the zone or sappers charge people

there's plenty of room for a fun fight which doesn't involve garrosh donning a tanuki suit and flying around using his new tail
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    People always gotta find something to QQ about eh? I mean who didn't expect that garrosh isn't corrupted and besides, this isn't the final ptr build so stuff will change eventually...

i mean if the complaint is just "not enough particle effects" then bring some particle effects. have him throw things around the arena; axes, bolas, bombs, tables, people
    I immediately imagined Garrosh yelling something all angry and aggressive while using a Flippable Table on a raid group.

I'm giggling uncontrollably at this image.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

I don't know that analogy because I've only watched the DBZ abridged series. Why didn't he go Super Saiyan while fighting Radditz at the beginning of DBZ? <_>
    Because Goku hadn't reached that level of power yet, just as Garrosh hadn't reached his level of power until the fight reaches a certain point.

Quote Originally Posted by Recondition View Post
    Because Goku hadn't reached that level of power yet, just as Garrosh hadn't reached his level of power until the fight reaches a certain point.
    he's a warrior though
    his main power is his mussles
    does he start doing situps before going "LEVEL UP" and hitting for twice as hard

he's a warrior though
    his main power is his mussles
    does he start doing situps before going "LEVEL UP" and hitting for twice as hard
    Exactly. He has limitations. Augmenting his physical strength with the power of an Old God is a pretty good idea on a basic level. Before adding in the side effects.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    I like the sound of the encounter blizz has designed better than yours. Call me crazy. Call me a fanboy. I hope they don't hire you to make final bosses.