Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    And where is this dungeon journal entry?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    This is so freaking boring. CORRUPTED GARROSH? I and everyone else seen this coming when Garrosh as the main villain was announced. He even looks like a bit like Deathwing but with blue bits instead of red bits all over him. Looking forward to spine of Garrosh?

Edit: Title might be over the top.

Edit: Some people seem to have a hard time understanding the point of this thread. My quarrel is with the fact that he's 'Corrupted', which is so boring and obvious, not that it'd be Garrosh as the last boss.
    What you don't seem to be grasping is that it most likely is not 'Corrupted Garrosh', but actually Garrosh after forcefully grafting the Sha powers into himself. The Sha, or that-Old-God-which-name-I-can't-remember-or-pronounce, did not corrupt or manipulate Garrosh, but, in truth, Garrosh, through experiments with warlocks/mages/goblin science/whatever willingly and forcefully grafted those powers into himself to gain more power to defeat his enemies.

That's my take.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyRaccoon View Post
    And where is this dungeon journal entry?
    I'm thinking many haven't seen it yet... here's the link: http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=68975

Ok to clear up something for some of you on why Garrosh just doesn't go full on empowered from the start of the fight. Think about who Garrosh is, not only is he an orc but he is a full on himself supreme badass in his own mind. He believes himself to be this ultimate weapon and leader, why would he go all out against what he considers lower lifeforms that he can easily step on with one boot. His false PRIDE and ego are the reason he will hold out as long as he can to fully accept the assistance of the old god heart, and as many have said this isn't a case of corruption or for that matter insanity, it's a case of "I'm the supreme ruler of this world and if you don't accept this, DIE"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say he's more empowered by the dark heart more than corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    I'm thinking many haven't seen it yet... here's the link: http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=68975
    Thank you very much!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm SO SICK OF BLIZZARD! Arthas was corrupted by the Lich King that's TERRIBLE STORY!!!!

Illidan was corrupted by the skull of Gul'dan SUCH BAD STORY OMGGGG!!!

Deathwing was corrupted by N'zoth errr so baddd storyy..

Shut up Warcraft lore has near enough always been down to corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by nulir View Post
    I'm SO SICK OF BLIZZARD! Arthas was corrupted by the Lich King that's TERRIBLE STORY!!!!

not sure if sarcasm
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Well who says he is corrupted? It is also a possibility that we fight Garrosh in his normal form but as he gets close to losing he gets desperate and calls for the Sha to help him and then turns in to his Sha form.
    Wouldn't that contradict it being the Sha of Pride?

Well, currently hoping Garrosh will turn out to have a third form. One representing a proper merging and less bloated looking as he gets the power under control.

Because honestly, the bloated hulk of corruption look is never as impressive as the more refined semi-divine sort of being. Which isn't to say that he should be pretty, he should just be sleeker and more coherent.

Something that's less like Garrosh with a whole bunch of weird shit growing on him or filling him up, and more like a Garrosh who has become one with the weird shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fight would've been so much more interesting if he was just a warrior for sure. Varian could disarm him for the hundredth time, Vol'jin could shoot him through the heart and then we'd could pick up our loot.

Quote Originally Posted by nulir View Post

You haven't read anything in this thread have you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda have an optimistic hope now: maybe with all this old god stuff (anyone else notice one boss is the Klaxxi Paragons?) that it won't be the Burning Legion coming to destroy Azeroth but the Titans instead. Kinda makes sense, Algalon failed. Ra-Den mentions something about 'allowing you a chance to try' (check?). Instead of the Legion, what if we face the forces of the creators themselves next expansion? This might hint to it.

Tee - Yes, I agree, that the Titans are no less dangerous than the Legion itself.

No Titan mechanism cares to recognize the races of Azeroth, for instance. ("Identification mismatch - energizing defensive mode" stuff. Sorry, Elegon is probably the most significant Titan artifact I've faced. I have yet to crawl through Ulduar, but I would like to. But Ialso remember Mr Bronzebeard and his button-pushing escapades.)
    Last edited by FunkyRaccoon; 2013-06-13 at 05:52 AM.

lolz blizz said Garrosh was going to be the final boss before Mop even came out. . .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    This is so freaking boring. CORRUPTED GARROSH? I and everyone else seen this coming when Garrosh as the main villain was announced. He even looks like a bit like Deathwing but with blue bits instead of red bits all over him. Looking forward to spine of Garrosh?

Edit: Title might be over the top.

Edit: Some people seem to have a hard time understanding the point of this thread. My quarrel is with the fact that he's 'Corrupted', which is so boring and obvious, not that it'd be Garrosh as the last boss.
    It would be "boring and obvious" if out of the blue they said Garrosh was corrupted because they were being lazy. However, THE ENTIRE EXPANSION has
    stories of one person or another succumbing to the very things we're encountering on the island. A fact clearly demonstrated when Garrosh sacrificed/corrupted his own soldiers via the use of the bell back in 5.2. That's where the story was always going.

If the only reason you're correct about this would have been the pacing of things. To go through an entire story about it in 5.2, then basically never speak of it again until late into 5.3 where our attention is on the Throne of Thunder and not Garrosh. That's where the writing is lazy.
    Response printed on recycled electrons.

15+ Year Old Account
    The whole patch is shaping up to be boring IMO. I'm gonna pass on this one and come back next expansion, too many other games keeping me busy this year between 3DS and Wii U (mostly 3DS til August).

To each their own, if you like the Sha and Mantid and the spirit animals / celestials then more power to you. I'm boring myself to tears just talking about it personally.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

You can't be corrupted by something that's dead. That you deliberately sought out to harness its power anyway. End of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this time it's actually the other way around?
    Judging by the description of the fight Garrosh is harnessing the power of the dead god's heart and using it for his own needs and desires.
    He's corrupted by his own lust for power, not an outside influence.
    Although I love Old Gods and corruption themes. But I still agree that Blizzard are overusing it way too much.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 11:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You can't be corrupted by something that's dead. That you deliberately sought out to harness its power anyway. End of.
    I hope you realize we're dealing here with lovecraftian cosmic horror/eldritch abominations here, right?
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Actually, the Sha haven't corrupted Garrosh. Garrosh corrupts the Sha.

/would actually like that better