Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
LastLast
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Would you rather fight "Panda Suit Garrosh" instead? Or maybe "Master of Mammoths Garrosh" would be more surprising. How does "Bloated from eating too many Darkmoon Faire corndogs Garrosh" sound?

    OP, this is a silly thing to get upset about.
    Master of Mammoths? No, I'd rather fight Garrosh Master of Magnet.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjuWKAMAlQU

  2. #262
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,888
    This thread is so ridiculous, I thought I'd chime in.

    I think they should have had us fight Garrosh Garrosh. This way they could put a Garrosh in Garrosh so we could kill Garrosh while we kill Garrosh.

    Imagine a Dalek. Tiny little thing inside a big exoskeleton. What if we get to the last stage and find out there was a miniature orc inside a suit this whole time? Clearly this would be superior to a classic sins of the father story right?
    BAD WOLF

  3. #263
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,258
    Hes not corrupted, shut the hell up about it. Research or atleast wait for events to happen before spewing misinformation.

    Garrosh, wielding his new weapon with his True Horde and siege machines at his disposal will destroy any intruders. The True Horde join the battle more frequently as the fight progresses. This phase will continue until Garrosh reaches 30% health remaining.
    Garrosh Hellscream – Warchief of the True Horde.
    Desecrate – Garrosh hurls the Desecrated Weapon at a random enemy, inflicting 97500 to 102500 Shadow damage to enemies within 15 yards and creates a Desecrated Weapon at the location.
    Desecrated Weapon – The Desecrated Weapon is seeping with Y'shaarj power, as the health of the weapon gets lower, the radius of the Desecrated ground becomes smaller.
    Hellscream's Warsong – Hellscream's Warsong inspires his allies, increasing damage dealt by 25% and increasing health by 50%.
    Kor'kron Grunt – Grunts stream in from the sides of the room and join the battle more frequently as the phase progresses.
    Hamstring – Inflicts 73125 to 76875 Physical damage and reduces move speed by 50% for until cancelled.
    Farseer Wolf Rider – The Farseers will join the battle less frequently than the grunts, they too join the battle more frequently as the phase progresses.
    Ancestral Fury – Being interrupted causes Fury, increasing cast speed by 25%. Stacks.
    Greater Healing Wave – Heals a friendly target for 487500 to 512500.
    Chain Lightning – Inflicts 243750 to 256250 Nature damage, chaining to nearby enemies.
    Siege Engineer – The Siege Engineers enter from the side balcony and begin to Power the Iron Star which will become active after 15 sec if the Siege Engineer is not killed.
    Kor'kron Iron Star – After becoming activated by the Siege Engineers the Iron Star will roll across the room, slamming into the opposite wall.
    Iron Star Impact – Inflictsmassive damage to any players or Kor'kron that are caught in it's path, knocking them back.
    Exploding Iron Star – The impact of the Iron Star causes it to explode, inflicting 1950000 to 2050000 Fire damage to nearby enemies. The damage inflicted decreases the farther away an enemy is from the explosion.

    Intermission: Realm of Y'shaarj
    Periodically the call of Y'shaarj will transport Garrosh and the players into the Realm of Y'shaarj for 1 min. Garrosh will Absorb Energy from the Heart of Y'shaarj until players have defeated all Minions of Y'shaarj inside the realm and interrupt Garrosh.

    Stage Two: Corruption of Y'shaarj
    After absorbing the Power of Y'shaarj, Garrosh will heal to full health as Y'shaarj bestows Garrosh with new abilities.

    Stage Three: MY WORLD
    At 30% health Garrosh will absorb the remaining power of Y'shaarj, gaining full energy,

    - Source http://www.wowhead.com/news=214667/p...osh-hellscream

    You're welcome
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-06-13 at 04:01 PM.

  4. #264
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My Warchief's side and command
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    This is so freaking boring. CORRUPTED GARROSH? I and everyone else seen this coming when Garrosh as the main villain was announced. He even looks like a bit like Deathwing but with blue bits instead of red bits all over him. Looking forward to spine of Garrosh?

    Edit: Title might be over the top.

    Edit: Some people seem to have a hard time understanding the point of this thread. My quarrel is with the fact that he's 'Corrupted', which is so boring and obvious, not that it'd be Garrosh as the last boss.
    Some people like you seem to have a hard time by understanding the whole difference between Arthas, Deathwing and Garrosh. And if you're just pissed because we fight Garrosh in a twisted form, so what you would have proposed, genius? Fighting him as a common orc warrior? Oh man, what a threat!

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 03:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I'd have to go with this too. They just don't seem as ominous or mysterious when you beat one back every expansion. It's a good concept but they are over using it.
    Still the mess is different this time. We don't fight an Old God, we fight a completely different opponent (Garrosh) that is simply exploiting what remains of a dead Old God. Yeah, there is the "Old God" theme behind and ok, but the situation works completely different compared to Deathwing.

    And the mystery remains, since we still know little of the "alive" and wealthy Old Gods (especially N'zoth).

  5. #265
    Stood in the Fire unrealeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SCOTLAND, FREEDOOOM! (coming sep 2014, possibly)
    Posts
    458
    I think we have to pop those huge spots on him to subdue him, then quickly put some Oxy on him to turn him back to regular, rational Garrosh. Acne makes people crazy you know.

  6. #266
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post

    Still the mess is different this time. We don't fight an Old God, we fight a completely different opponent (Garrosh) that is simply exploiting what remains of a dead Old God. Yeah, there is the "Old God" theme behind and ok, but the situation works completely different compared to Deathwing.

    And the mystery remains, since we still know little of the "alive" and wealthy Old Gods (especially N'zoth).
    I wasn't comparing the 2 or complaining about Garrosh. Just stating that I think the old god concept should have been done differently, in my opinion.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Deathwing was driven to being evil by corruption. Garrosh was driven to corruption by being evil. Despite how similar they read, the two are vastly different.
    You sir have won the internet! (I wanted to say that :P)

  8. #268
    He even looks like a bit like Deathwing but with blue bits instead of red bits all over him. Looking forward to spine of Garrosh?

    looks more like Cho'gall to me.

  9. #269
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My Warchief's side and command
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I wasn't comparing the 2 or complaining about Garrosh. Just stating that I think the old god concept should have been done differently, in my opinion.
    Eh, in my opinion, i think "sacrifice" the concept for the whole plot with Garrosh was necessary. If he was meant as an "ancient-powers stealer", in Hitler/Nazi style, anything related with the Burning Legion and demons in general wouldn't had much sense considering his background. So the alternative with the Old Gods was almost inevitable, even if this felt a little re-used.

    I think that the previous expansion should have been handled differently, the constant Old God theme made feel Deathwing as a powerless pawn and the re-usage of it in MoP nearly abused (while we never faced a single Old God in both, if we exclude the future Garrosh in SoO an "embodiment" of Y'shaarj). I think that in Cataclysm should have been put much more focus on Deathwing and less with the Old Gods, at least this is what i think.

  10. #270
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Eh, in my opinion, i think "sacrifice" the concept for the whole plot with Garrosh was necessary. If he was meant as an "ancient-powers stealer", in Hitler/Nazi style, anything related with the Burning Legion and demons in general wouldn't had much sense considering his background. So the alternative with the Old Gods was almost inevitable, even if this felt a little re-used.

    I think that the previous expansion should have been handled differently, the constant Old God theme made feel Deathwing as a powerless pawn and the re-usage of it in MoP nearly abused (while we never faced a single Old God in both, if we exclude the future Garrosh in SoO an "embodiment" of Y'shaarj). I think that in Cataclysm should have been put much more focus on Deathwing and less with the Old Gods, at least this is what i think.
    I'm not talking about Garrosh or the current story at all. I meant as a whole I would have done it differently. We would have never fought one directly if it was up to me. The way they did it in MoP doesn't really bother me. It's much more subtle in that it's the effects an Old God not the Old God itself.

    The thing about a lot of Lovecraft's horror is that it had to do with the unknown and the unknowable. That there could be something out there so twisted that it wasn't just hard to comprehend but impossible to. I think they would have been better off sticking to that theme instead of turning them into giant tentacle monsters that are basically the Legion 2.0.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  11. #271
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My Warchief's side and command
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    The thing about a lot of Lovecraft's horror is that it had to do with the unknown and the unknowable. That there could be something out there so twisted that it wasn't just hard to comprehend but impossible to. I think they would have been better off sticking to that theme instead of turning them into giant tentacle monsters that are basically the Legion 2.0.
    The problem is that they just took inspiration by Lovecraft's work, like Blizzard did in an infinite amount of things with a likewise amount of sources. The Old Gods are nothing more than a "cameo" of what the Elder Gods represented in Lovecraft's universe. But all these inspirations must fit in the Warcraft universe, which is a fantasy wargame, so they couldn't be handled in the same way of Lovecraft's novels.

    That said, i understand your point, and maybe for give the Old Gods a more "mysterious" feeling, Blizzard should have been careful to add so many directs fights with them in Vanilla and Wotlk, even if i have to say that they have been successful, at least, with give them a "horrific" feeling and a lot of emphasis.
    I think that in a different and darker universe, like Warhammer, the concept of unstoppable, horrific and unfathomable forces, so vast and eternal that the little, weak mortal minds are absolutely hopeless and powerless before them, fit a lot better. In Warcraft's universe, i think would have been a lot harder to do the same.

    That's just my opinion anyway.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-13 at 06:06 PM.

  12. #272
    Then just unsub, nobodys stopping you.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  13. #273
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The problem is that they just took inspiration by Lovecraft's work, like Blizzard did in an infinite amount of things with a likewise amount of sources. The Old Gods are nothing more than a "cameo" of what the Elder Gods represented in Lovecraft's universe. But all these inspirations must fit in the Warcraft universe, which is a fantasy wargame, so they couldn't be handled in the same way of Lovecraft's novels.

    That said, i understand your point, and maybe for give the Old Gods a more "mysterious" feeling, Blizzard should have been careful to add so many directs fights with them in Vanilla and Wotlk, even if i have to say that they have been successful, at least, with give them a "horrific" feeling and a lot of emphasis.
    I think that in a different and darker universe, like Warhammer, the concept of unstoppable, horrific and unfathomable forces, so vast and eternal that the little, weak mortal minds are absolutely hopeless and powerless, fit a lot better. In Warcraft's universe, i think would have been a lot more hard to do the same.

    That's just my opinion anyway.
    Yeah you're right. It probably wouldn't fit into Warcraft that well. Mortals in WoW can reach godly amounts of power so the helpless feeling doesn't really come off the same way. Plus it probably wouldn't work well in an MMO. I think it would be better story wise though.
    Last edited by leaks; 2013-06-13 at 06:11 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  14. #274
    I kind of understand OP's frustration here. Why is it necessary for an external influence to "corrupt" someone in order for them to be evil? I would love for Blizzard to introduce a villain who came from a sympathetic background, where moral ambiguities clouded player's judgement of labeling him or her as evil. Rather than get corrupted, this villain would seek power for him or herself to achieve a misguided yet retributive goal, thinking he or she was doing the right thing all along (AKA Illidan before Blizzard went with the whole he went mad bullshit). In fact, the raid could be structured so that you can either choose to be on this villain's side, or fight against him. Either choice would be set as the lockout for the week, so essentially it could be two raids with 6-7 bosses each. Something like that, I would like very much.

  15. #275
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Zooch View Post
    I kind of understand OP's frustration here. Why is it necessary for an external influence to "corrupt" someone in order for them to be evil?
    It would be nice if everyone saying this would read the various links and other posts before repeating this over and over and over. It's not necessary as that's not what is even happening. He's using the old god's power as a weapon, not being corrupted by it and then doing bad stuff.
    BAD WOLF

  16. #276
    I am Murloc! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    5,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Then just unsub, nobodys stopping you.
    That's a strange approach.

    "Man, I hate that the Yankees gave up their second string pitcher this season."
    "OH YEAH? WHY DONT YOU JUST GIVE UP BASEBALL FOREVER THEN SINCE YOU'RE CLEARLY NOT HAPPY WITH IT NO ONE'S GUNNA STOP YOU M8!!1YOLO"
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  17. #277
    Stood in the Fire mjolnir1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Colville, WA
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    This is so freaking boring. CORRUPTED GARROSH? I and everyone else seen this coming when Garrosh as the main villain was announced. He even looks like a bit like Deathwing but with blue bits instead of red bits all over him. Looking forward to spine of Garrosh?

    Edit: Title might be over the top.

    Edit: Some people seem to have a hard time understanding the point of this thread. My quarrel is with the fact that he's 'Corrupted', which is so boring and obvious, not that it'd be Garrosh as the last boss.
    The difference is, if you look at the dungeon journal, it looks like he's going to infuse himself with Y'sharrj. His "corruption" is of his own free will, not the usual cop out of "well so and so possessed him". They are going to stick to what they said that he's just a bad apple, but with his lust and obssession for power, how else do you think he would have the power to take on both the Horde and Alliance when he almost lost a fight with Varian one-on-one?

  18. #278
    Pandaren Monk Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    1,961
    You just misunderstand OP. He isn't corrupted he is doing such thing with his own free will. He is just a power hungry no old gods or demons are infulencing his actions nope it's his own free will.

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    This is so freaking boring. CORRUPTED GARROSH? I and everyone else seen this coming when Garrosh as the main villain was announced. He even looks like a bit like Deathwing but with blue bits instead of red bits all over him. Looking forward to spine of Garrosh?

    Edit: Title might be over the top.

    Edit: Some people seem to have a hard time understanding the point of this thread. My quarrel is with the fact that he's 'Corrupted', which is so boring and obvious, not that it'd be Garrosh as the last boss.
    What would you rather have wrong with him? That his standard intention of annihilating everything, including his allies, be the normal orc stance?

    And, I'm not sure what you meant by "I and everyone else seen this coming". It really wasn't a stretch of the mind to see this coming. You didn't need to solve the world's greatest mystery to imagine the possible outcomes.

  20. #280

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •