Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zooch View Post
    I kind of understand OP's frustration here. Why is it necessary for an external influence to "corrupt" someone in order for them to be evil?
    It would be nice if everyone saying this would read the various links and other posts before repeating this over and over and over. It's not necessary as that's not what is even happening. He's using the old god's power as a weapon, not being corrupted by it and then doing bad stuff.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Then just unsub, nobodys stopping you.
    That's a strange approach.

"Man, I hate that the Yankees gave up their second string pitcher this season."
    "OH YEAH? WHY DONT YOU JUST GIVE UP BASEBALL FOREVER THEN SINCE YOU'RE CLEARLY NOT HAPPY WITH IT NO ONE'S GUNNA STOP YOU M8!!1YOLO"
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    This is so freaking boring. CORRUPTED GARROSH? I and everyone else seen this coming when Garrosh as the main villain was announced. He even looks like a bit like Deathwing but with blue bits instead of red bits all over him. Looking forward to spine of Garrosh?

Edit: Title might be over the top.

Edit: Some people seem to have a hard time understanding the point of this thread. My quarrel is with the fact that he's 'Corrupted', which is so boring and obvious, not that it'd be Garrosh as the last boss.
    The difference is, if you look at the dungeon journal, it looks like he's going to infuse himself with Y'sharrj. His "corruption" is of his own free will, not the usual cop out of "well so and so possessed him". They are going to stick to what they said that he's just a bad apple, but with his lust and obssession for power, how else do you think he would have the power to take on both the Horde and Alliance when he almost lost a fight with Varian one-on-one?

10+ Year Old Account
    You just misunderstand OP. He isn't corrupted he is doing such thing with his own free will. He is just a power hungry no old gods or demons are infulencing his actions nope it's his own free will.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    This is so freaking boring. CORRUPTED GARROSH? I and everyone else seen this coming when Garrosh as the main villain was announced. He even looks like a bit like Deathwing but with blue bits instead of red bits all over him. Looking forward to spine of Garrosh?

Edit: Title might be over the top.

Edit: Some people seem to have a hard time understanding the point of this thread. My quarrel is with the fact that he's 'Corrupted', which is so boring and obvious, not that it'd be Garrosh as the last boss.
    What would you rather have wrong with him? That his standard intention of annihilating everything, including his allies, be the normal orc stance?

And, I'm not sure what you meant by "I and everyone else seen this coming". It really wasn't a stretch of the mind to see this coming. You didn't need to solve the world's greatest mystery to imagine the possible outcomes.

Deleted
    the interesting thing is he has demon eyes on his shoulder, so does that mean the fact he made his shoulders from a demon artifact cause the demons to ahve some effect on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Yeah you're right. It probably wouldn't fit into Warcraft that well. Mortals in WoW can reach godly amounts of power so the helpless feeling doesn't really come off the same way. Plus it probably wouldn't work well in an MMO. I think it would be better story wise though.
    No doubt. But if you think about it, the very Lovecraft's novels are extremely hard to even be turned into movies or other kind of similar media, mostly because Lovecraft's narrative is so profound and vast that only the paper writing can fully express it with no bonds at all.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    the interesting thing is he has demon eyes on his shoulder, so does that mean the fact he made his shoulders from a demon artifact cause the demons to ahve some effect on him.
    No, no, no. It's too obvious that is the power of the Old God behind it, Cho'gall had those eyes around his very corpse aswell.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-13 at 08:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    No doubt. But if you think about it, the very Lovecraft's novels are extremely hard to even be turned into movies or other kind of similar media, mostly because Lovecraft's narrative is so profound and vast that only the paper writing can fully express it with no bonds at all.
    Agreed, as soon as Lovecraft's type of horror is visible, it loses its impact. Hell, it's why The Dunwich Horror is miles behind for example The Music of Erich Zann in terms of quality (obviously, this is an opinion).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Yeah that's true. It would be hard to portray in any visual media especially a game like wow where they already struggle to get the story across without books on the side. Anyway, I can still dream.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."