Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    "Affliction was fine 5.0-5.1"
    Yep, 50% MG/DS damage from GoSac and two other specs were shit. Destruction got huge buffs in 5.2 and Demo is only viable because of UVLS. So no wonder "it was fine" because it was best spec then even with shitty KjC and Fel Flame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    "Affliction was fine 5.0-5.1"
    Yep, 50% MG/DS damage from GoSac and two other specs were shit. Destruction got huge buffs in 5.2 and Demo is only viable because of UVLS. So no wonder "it was fine" because it was best spec then even with shitty KjC and Fel Flame.
    It was overall a top 3 spec, not just the best Warlock spec.

The real affect that the MF change will have is on Destro PvP. Often you could take that talent on maps with choke points and use it load up on shards really, really quickly. With the change we will have a small number of targets potentially reducing the amount we gain form RoF spam.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's such a outcry about KJC change, when the major heavy hitter change is Mannoroth's Fury. I really hope that MF change does NOT go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post

All I can think is: how exactly do you do a fight like durumu? or primordius? or tortos?

Do the people saying that only PvP? Or do they just sit out on most of the fights in ToT?
    I forgot one time and had KJC on durumu, I couldn't out run the beam. Took me a min to realize.
    I would also use MF over KJC in those fights.

TBH I could care less if they removed KJC altogether.
    Last edited by lockedout; 2013-06-13 at 09:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xploits View Post
    There's such a outcry about KJC change, when the major heavy hitter change is Mannoroth's Fury. I really hope that MF change does NOT go through.
    Nah. KjC is mainly used by affliction while both Destro and Demo uses MF if there are adds in the encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailerist View Post
    Oh I know, when 5.2 came out, they really nerfed mages so hard. I remember watching a mage spam nether tempest and ice lance on dummies and pulling 97k for over 5 minutes. Mozza-area 52. You really got the nerf shaft for being able to pull 100k dps with 2 insta cast spells.
    keep the bullshit coming, really making you look pro, tell you what, if you can actually give accurate data numbers, people may actually take you seriously, it is about time warlocks got looked at in terms of the lvl 90 talents, there needed to be a choice, not just "oh look that's the best by a long way, go for that", in all honesty, alot of the class talent trees have many issues like this, but wwarlocks was the worst due to how powerful these spells were, relative to most other classes and how it affects gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    keep the bullshit coming, really making you look pro, tell you what, if you can actually give accurate data numbers, people may actually take you seriously, it is about time warlocks got looked at in terms of the lvl 90 talents, there needed to be a choice, not just "oh look that's the best by a long way, go for that", in all honesty, alot of the class talent trees have many issues like this, but wwarlocks was the worst due to how powerful these spells were, relative to most other classes and how it affects gameplay.
    You upset brother?

Deleted
    At first I thought I was the only one who actually cared more about the MF change than KJC. 1,5min cooldown for greater range on AoE is way too much. I really see no reason why they would put it as a ability that you activate.

Tiz no bullshit, can post the Screen shot for ya if you want I have it on photobucket. Take me seriously? The fuck do I care if anyone takes me seriously on the internet you dumb heeb. Arguably you can say there was no choice for archimonde's vengeance because noone uses that and not taking soul leech to justify doing 5% of damage recieved isn't worth the mana to healers or the lack of survivability. It isn't a choice, and I agree with you on that. However, we did have choice between MF and KJC. Nerfing KJC to its 5.4 design makes it worse then a mage's T1 talent. I don't feel it's necessary to reiterate what has already been elegantly stated about current class design and fillers and how movement is incorporated with these.
    I'm surprised no one here has made a fuss about our level 30 talent? What good is demonic breath to us? soulburn:Curse of exhaustion, Fire and Brimstone: Conflagerate, Hand of gul'dan. We get a 40 yard range for that, the hell do we need a conical 10 yard slow for 6 seconds with a 20 second cooldown? I could see demonic breath being a disorientate,root, or passify/silence to be actually worth something. There is no other use for this aside from using it on melee and they all have snares/roots = or better then this. However, it is neither a magic or curse effect but this may just be a tool tip thing. Once more, design fail.
    I don't really understand how they plan at this stage in mop to balance around KJC. If they buff damage to compensate, we become " Just to good at multi dotting." Soul leech will be over powered as hell. lack of damage during movement will just encourage external mitigation's as well as self mitigation's to become nuke turrets. It would also call for going back to using GoSac.If we don't get a damage buff then we won't be viable at all as destro or affliction. Imagine current and past movement requirements in MoP with only being able to move for 15 seconds every minute and a half.
    There isn't anything in the T6 tree for warlocks that is overpowered, if anything it is under powered. We see absolutely ZERO damage increase from this tier. We are akin to death knights in this regard, with death knights having it a bit worse in that if we unselect our level 90 talents we don't see any direct loss of damage. While every other class in this fashion gets a boost to damage in some active form, we have opportunity talents to maintain damage or extend our damage further. All 3 are passive talents that simply manipulate the way we do the SAME damage we already do. Nerfing the opportunity's for us to continue doing the SAME damage we already do is just absurd

Infracted. There was no need for the insult in this post.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-06-14 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeonEx View Post
    At first I thought I was the only one who actually cared more about the MF change than KJC. 1,5min cooldown for greater range on AoE is way too much. I really see no reason why they would put it as a ability that you activate.
    Because they know that AV is really, really bad and that the KjC nerf will mean pretty much every warlock will take MF.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Because they know that AV is really, really bad and that the KjC nerf will mean pretty much every warlock will take MF.
    Those were my thoughts exactly. They know that no one takes AV. They also know that many players would take MF, if KJC didn't exist. So they're nerfing it as well otherwise you'd change from "KJC is the only choice" to "MF is the only choice". And they want it to be a choice.

At this point, my choice is to keep my level 90 talent unselected. I do NOT want another button to push and another cooldown to manage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really get why Mannoroth's could need a nerf in the first place... 500% area increase sounded like a lot, but that's only barely doubling the radius, and the base radius was already decreased recently too. For mannoroth's to be an activatable, I guess it makes some sense in PvP? But then again, I never heard anyone complaining about it on the PvP side of things, and some that post on the PvP forums know ways to complain about almost everything, so, am I just not paying enough attention then?
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

10+ Year Old Account
    now u know how it feels to be a mage in mists of pandaria, every patch getting screwed in teh ass just cos some part of pvp is buggered, keep the QQ coming, it won't change anything.

You aren't helping at all.....please leave.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    As a Mage who has been extremely jealous of KJC (because Arcane/Frost w/o procs SUCKS at mobile DPS) and am glad it's getting nerfed (even if they change it again, but regardless, glad it's been nerfed), I am extremely saddened to see MF get nerfed. There was literally no point to do so.

(Seriously though, to those bitching about KJC, you know by the time 5.4 comes live, it won't be the same. It was TOO good.
    Like the other mage who posted in this thread, I implore you to watch what you say. While you do have some sympathy in your post, your words are borderline rude and more of a "sucks to be you guys, glad it is getting nerfed" post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Affliction was fine 5.0-5.1 before KJC was buffed, I really don't think it's quite as bad as you're convincing yourself. Much will depend on the encounters in SoO itself which we know nothing about of course, but I think you're prophecies of doom are somewhat overstated.[COLOR="red"]
    because affli was ridiculously op in msv. stacking secondary stat gems and ignoring hit cap from first week and a raid with almost zero movement. other classes could only compete on spirit kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzanesh View Post
    I feel with you! Was indeed alot of fun to set a whole area in flames... will definately miss that lvl90 talent the most!
    We will play this on the day 5.4 goes live....

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...16173641502721

The way I understand his words is that you can toggle it on and off as you please. But then, the datamined "1.5 min cd" doesn't make sense..

You can toggle things like Tree of Life too for druids, but it doesn't make much sense in actual game. Also skipped the fact RoF for Destro is used more as ember generator more often. Without it the spec is trash. Hell, it's already worthless on cleave fights (Council). No MF means Destro loses it's niche on Primordius and Horridon, turning into true dead spec.

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...16173641502721

The way I understand his words is that you can toggle it on and off as you please. But then, the datamined "1.5 min cd" doesn't make sense..
    Introducing a toggle mechanik would make no sense at all, than they could have left the talent as it is. Its a regular 15s cd with 1.5min cooldown, lets see if they change it back or something.
    GC has simply no clue what he is talking about. As always i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    Introducing a toggle mechanik would make no sense at all, than they could have left the talent as it is. Its a regular 15s cd with 1.5min cooldown, lets see if they change it back or something.
    GC has simply no clue what he is talking about. As always i guess.
    Actually, if it's a toggleable mechanic with no CD then that's a great buff (and fixes some problems previously)

If the CD doesn't exist, that means that we can choose when to MF or not, which is a huge boon in particular for doing dungeons where you may need MF for some pulls, but don't want it on others (First room of SM w/ the Graveyard is one good example)\

If it has a CD that's bad.