New Feature: Proving Grounds
* Proving Grounds is a new feature for individual players to test and improve their combat skills.
* At the Proving Grounds, players may undertake trials, designed for Damage, Tank, or Healer roles.
* It provides a great opportunity to learn how to Tank or Heal, without the need of a group.
* Each trial is available in four separate difficulties: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Endless. Harder difficulties include more difficult and varied enemies.
* Endless mode allows you to test your mettle against increasingly difficult enemies. Compare your best scores to friends and guildmates!
* [PTR]: Access to the Proving Grounds and more information is coming soon.
Sounds like a nice thing to have. One of the bad things about WoW is that it's hard to learn to play it properly. Sure, anyone can blunder through levelling, spamming the same spell over and over, but healing and tanking are skills that are stressful to learn in a group environment. Especially when starting out.
It also has the potential for ilvl barriers removed at some point and replaced with a minimum Proving Ground rating instead. That would save some time for those of us who know our way around a class we've just levelled, as well as encouraging the really poor players to get a little bit better. Very few people are prepared to accept that they're terrible, maybe failing to even get a bronze ranking in one of these would be the kick up the backside they need.