Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Really hate blizzard atm, Why you you name a test environment that and then release the information when you know the amount of data miners that would find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    interestingly enough records of law would end his rule when he died passing it onto his successor so no he doesn't have a legal right to owning the land
    Thats human law and last time i checked the forsaken are at war with the humans so what they say is meaningless

Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    Really hate blizzard atm, Why you you name a test environment that and then release the information when you know the amount of data miners that would find it.
    Read Lore's blue post. It was, most likely, unintentional to have it slip into the 5.4 files.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Redlokyldoreifanggore View Post
    Read Lore's blue post. It was, most likely, unintentional to have it slip into the 5.4 files.
    I work for popcap games part-time here in dublin and let me tell you a big company like blizzard should / does have teams of people going over release notes and ptr test documents.

If that got through by "accident" then I am shocked

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Sigh. Its been proved that the forsakened are "alive".
    By definition, they are dead. Whether they move, feel pain, think or whatever is irrelevant. They are dead. Not alive. Dead. That's what the undead are.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Dybia View Post
    And there is absolutely positively no way for his mind to be messed with making him more accepting of Sylvanas controlling him like all of those Alliance that got raised in Silverpine that instantly swore allegiance to Sylvanas. No way at all that could be the case.
    Who knows how many moments passed for the dead between their death and resurection. Sure, for us it was few seconds, but how long it was for the dead souls?

Maybe they found that the "paradise" is not exactly as it was described by false church in Stormwind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing that in particular would've made it nice is that it would've been something that the Alliance could do proactively that could be unrelated to the Horde and the war.

First major wow related comment by lore and he shoots down this great idea..... just saying not a great start

Deleted
    sadness. it could have been the fist pumping moment that the alliance desperately needs. orgrimmar won't be the same, for obvious gameplay reasons. if we could occupy orgrimmar and impose martial law it would be what the alliance is asking for, but it isn't possible. so we'll be left with going in, helping vol'jin, and probably being said "kthxbye" after which we'll graciously leave.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn it Lore, couldn't ease into your new position could you!? Had to crush hopes and dreams of Alliance everywhere on the first day D:
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Thats human law and last time i checked the forsaken are at war with the humans so what they say is meaningless
    It's human law that assigned Galen as a successor in the first place (until he died). If you're going to disregard human law, you must disregard all of it, and when you do that, Galen has even less ground to stand on in this matter. If he says 'fuck human law' he immediately renounces whatever claims to the throne there might have been in the first place.
    All hail Danath Trollbane, rightful king of Stromgarde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Hopefully it's getting captured by Sylvanas.
    Hopefully not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    It's human law that assigned Galen as a successor in the first place (until he died). If you're going to disregard human law, you must disregard all of it, and when you do that, Galen has even less ground to stand on in this matter. If he says 'fuck human law' he immediately renounces whatever claims to the throne there might have been in the first place.
    All hail Danath Trollbane, rightful king of Stromgarde.
    Im sure i said something about might is right and that stromgarde belongs to those who have the power to take it

But i also argued that the forsaken are very much alive no matter what prejudiced humans say so his claim is still legal in my eye but like i also said legality means fuck all in azeroth

If we took this to a actual court the court would find in favour of galen cause he can show up and say hey im alive just cause my heart stop beating doesnt mean im not a sentient being with free will and the court will find in favour of galen who is the rightful heir

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Im sure i said something about might is right and that stromgarde belongs to those who have the power to take it

But i also argued that the forsaken are very much alive no matter what prejudiced humans say so his claim is still legal in my eye but like i also said legality means fuck all in azeroth

If we took this to a actual court the court would find in favour of galen cause he can show up and say hey im alive just cause my heart stop beating doesnt mean im not a sentient being with free will and the court will find in favour of galen who is the rightful heir
    Sounds like a perfect premise for both sides to feel 100% justified in their claim.

I must say even as a rabid Horde, I am disappointed that there'll not be a struggle for Stromgarde. Even though we'd probably lose that struggle, because Blizzard adores formulaic and unsurprising storytelling driven by meta reasoning. I got into Warcraft in WCII, and thoroughly enjoyed razing Stromgarde. I wish to do so again.

Also, Galen was one of those notable cases of a relatively minor NPC that just reached out and touched me- somewhere some low-level quest writer gave a fuck about what he was doing and wrote something really well. The tragedy of Galen Trollbane is something memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Honestly, the smartest thing Sylvanas could do about Stromgarde would be to raze it to the ground and render it moot. The wall is a much more defensible boundary from invasion than the span, and quite a lot less ground to defend for the trouble. Leave it standing, you're forced to either take it and control it, or accept the Alliance controlling a fortress right on your border. The former is difficult; the latter intolerable. Give it the Southshore treatment and walk away.
    While I wouldn't argue against razing Stormgarde, the wall isn't a very good defensive location. The sequence Sylvanas should fear most (outside of Tirion deciding she's Lich King 2.0 and needs to be killed) is the Alliance taking Dun Modr on both sides, rebuilding the Thandol Span and advancing far enough to keep the tunnel to the Hinterlands open. If the Forsaken allow that to happen, the retaking of Lordaeron is merely a question of time.

Regarding Galen vs Danath: once again, a vote for Galen on the basis of inheritance is also a vote for Calia Menethil.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    All I see in this thread is Alliance whining they don't get a huge major sitting springing up from strategical nowhere.

The same people who want Gilneas to be an Alliance city, right next to a forsaken leveling zone.

The same people who want lordaeron taken by the Alliance, and saying the forsaken can "Go somewhere else"

As usual, this same boring people make the Alliance seem like a bunch of whining mulches.

The Forsaken are here to stay, DEAL. WITH. IT.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 02:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    While I wouldn't argue against razing Stormgarde, the wall isn't a very good defensive location. The sequence Sylvanas should fear most (outside of Tirion deciding she's Lich King 2.0 and needs to be killed) is the Alliance taking Dun Modr on both sides, rebuilding the Thandol Span and advancing far enough to keep the tunnel to the Hinterlands open. If the Forsaken allow that to happen, the retaking of Lordaeron is merely a question of time.

Regarding Galen vs Danath: once again, a vote for Galen on the basis of inheritance is also a vote for Calia Menethil.
    having a claim to a throne doesn't matter if you have been taken in a coup. See the English line of kings and queens.

Also, I assume when people say LICH KING 2.0 they STILL go with the brainwashing stuff that was thrown out during beta right?

She isn't animating people and forcing them against their will, she is animating people and they JOIN HER or THEY DON'T.

She is literally giving people a second life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    All I see in this thread is Alliance whining they don't get a huge major sitting springing up from strategical nowhere.
    I don't get what you're saying.
    Are you implying that they don't have the means to take it? Cause they damn well do atm.

Come on guys. You know Blizz can't give the Alliance anything good.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    By definition, they are dead. Whether they move, feel pain, think or whatever is irrelevant. They are dead. Not alive. Dead. That's what the undead are.

EJL
    they are UNdead. the prefix un- means "not". therefore, they are not dead. they're not alive either, but they're definitely not dead.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Obviously not this expansion, but maybe a freudian slip of the files..