Thread: Nazgrim

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
... LastLast
  1. #241
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashok View Post
    I dont think he will die... i think it will fight us just for show to then helping us getting to thrall to release him and beating up garrosh
    Maybe, and I kind of hope you're right. I just can't complain if he does because I can see the benefit of it story wise and I think that kind of emotional investment in boss fights is lacking in a lot of cases. It's nice to have bosses that aren't clearly evil loot pinatas bent on destroying the world.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  2. #242
    Field Marshal kinderfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia, Queensland
    Posts
    85
    Damn you blizzard damn you to hell
    The Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death.

  3. #243
    I think people read way more into Nazgrim's character than is actually in the game. He doesn't really have a lot of character in the quest content.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    After everything we've been though with this character, there throwing him away as a boss. We've faught with him though wrath, cata and mists, and yet when it finally comes down to it, he's just another grunt in garrosh's army, ready to throw himself away for his corrupt leader?
    He always seemed kind of the borderline derpy follow-orders-regardless type to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think people read way more into Nazgrim's character than is actually in the game. He doesn't really have a lot of character in the quest content.



    He always seemed kind of the borderline derpy follow-orders-regardless type to me.
    Yeah, gotta go with you there. "What we've been through with him" has always been following the orders of the warchief without question.

  5. #245
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Dybia View Post
    Yeah, gotta go with you there. "What we've been through with him" has always been following the orders of the warchief without question.
    Ah yes like in Vashj'ir where the entire quest line was about saving and rounding up survivors to battle an enemy he wasn't sent to fight. Ending with him charging into a different realm, solo, to save a Draenei...
    Last edited by leaks; 2013-06-13 at 06:14 AM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Ah yes like in Vashj'ir where the entire quest line was about saving and rounding up survivors to battle an enemy he wasn't sent to fight ending with him charging into a different realm solo to save a Draenei.
    Yeah, an Earthen Ring shaman. The Earthen Ring whom back then Garrosh at least showed some kind of respect. At any rate Nazgrim had to gather his forces and kill the enemies there. How would they take the island above with naga and twilight cultists right below them under the seas? They were a ragtag force that by their service to the horde had a target island a short distance from Stormwind that they couldn't retreat from even with overwhelming almost impossible odds. He may not have killed them back then like anyone who retreats now, but what kind of shame would Garrosh have put them through if they came back to Orgrimmar with their tails between their legs?

  7. #247
    Scarab Lord roahn the warlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In your base, killing your dudes
    Posts
    4,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Im thinking it supposed to illicit a emotional response as to the cost of Civil War with your own faction.
    Blizz is no George RR Martin.. they dont like killing off characters thought would cause emotion. I thought Jaina should have died too.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players

  8. #248
    P.S. I think you missed an opportunity to name this thread "Requiem for Nazgrim".

    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Ah yes like in Vashj'ir where the entire quest line was about saving and rounding up survivors to battle an enemy he wasn't sent to fight. Ending with him charging into a different realm, solo, to save a Draenei...
    He was pretty much continuing with what he thought his orders would've been, considering they were cut off from any communication with Horde command.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  9. #249
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

    He was pretty much continuing with what he thought his orders would've been, considering they were cut off from any communication with Horde command.
    And you base this on what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dybia View Post
    Yeah, an Earthen Ring shaman. The Earthen Ring whom back then Garrosh at least showed some kind of respect. At any rate Nazgrim had to gather his forces and kill the enemies there. How would they take the island above with naga and twilight cultists right below them under the seas? They were a ragtag force that by their service to the horde had a target island a short distance from Stormwind that they couldn't retreat from even with overwhelming almost impossible odds. He may not have killed them back then like anyone who retreats now, but what kind of shame would Garrosh have put them through if they came back to Orgrimmar with their tails between their legs?
    The entire quest line shows him to be more than a mindless soldier with no character. He manages to scrape together a fighting force from a bad situation and then goes out of his way to help the Earthen Ring. He does it again in Pandaria but this time helps the pandaren. Acting like a military commander following the orders of his superiors is a bad thing is a pretty big stretch to make for an insult. My point being he had plenty of character.
    Last edited by leaks; 2013-06-13 at 06:42 AM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  10. #250
    I just hope he doesn't go out like a bitch. Next to Varok Saurfang, he's my next respected living Orc.

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I actually really love nazgrim and i hope he will die. He is the only person that isnt either mary sueish protagonist or insane mindless idiot. Giving him cliche redemption will remove any illusion of deepth garrosh storyline have. So i salute to poor nazgrim. Its a shame it has to end like that.
    This is such a cliche statement. I don't know where ppl are getting this bullshit. He isn't "mary sue-ish" true. But that's only because he's a small character. "Illusion of depth.". Please man. Stop being so pretentious. I hope he does turn around after we beat the shit out of him. THere is no depth to "Derp, I'm dead now.".
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  12. #252
    He will die, just like the rest of the miserable horde

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Phan View Post
    He will die, just like the rest of the miserable horde
    Cant Wait to see how many alliance filth die along with the "true" horde

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by Phan View Post
    He will die, just like the rest of the miserable horde
    Not before we take you with us, Alliance scum.

  15. #255
    The Patient alexday14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    260
    *Garrosh lies on the floor, surrounded by the shattered remains of mannoroth's bones as Grom materialises before him*
    Garrosh: Father! ..Is it over?
    Grom: At long last, my son, no Warchief rules forever.
    Garrosh: I see.. Darkness.. Before..
    *Garrosh's life slips away*

    *Grom stands, looking at Vol'jin*
    Grom: Without it's masters' command, the restless Horde will become an even greater threat to this world. Control must be maintained, there must always be a Warchief.
    *his spirit dissipates, taking Garrosh with him*

    *Vol'jin walks over to Gorehowl, picking it up and looking at it*
    Vol'jin: The weight of such a burden.. It must be mine. For there is no othe-
    VOL'JIN! YOU HOLD A GRIM DESTINY IN YOUR HANDS, BROTHER! ...But it is not your own.
    Vol'jin: General Nazgrim..? By all that is sacred..

    Nazgrim: Thralls' purifying flames have already sealed my fate. The world outside of Grommash hold can no longer comfort me.
    Nazgrim: Place the axe within my hands, Vol'jin! Forevermore, I shall be the jailer of the Horde!
    Vol'jin: No, I cannot.
    Nazgrim: DO IT! You and these people have your own destinies! This last act of service- ..It is mine.
    Vol'jin: You will not be forgotten, brother.
    Nazgrim: I MUST BE! IF THE WORLD IS TO BE FREE OF TYRANNY.. They must never know what happened here today.
    *Nazgrim takes the axe and sits on the desecrated throne of the Warchief*
    Nazgrim: Tell the Alliance that the Warchief is dead. And General Nazgrim died with him.


    High Overlord Saurfang: "I won't let you take us down that dark path again, young Hellscream. I'll kill you myself before that day comes..."
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Lol wanna bet"

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    Cant Wait to see how many alliance filth die along with the "true" horde
    Oii! what have I ever done to you

  17. #257
    Rather have him as a boss instead of someone random you've never heard of before. Die Nazgrim die!

  18. #258
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezo View Post
    Rather have him as a boss instead of someone random you've never heard of before. Die Nazgrim die!
    Seeing your response you are proberbly alliance...
    For the Horde! And for the Earthmother!
    Armory

  19. #259
    Stood in the Fire Yossarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Roma
    Posts
    463
    I really hope Captain Taylor will give the killing blow, that guy deserves it

    can't wait for slaining so much horde in Orgrimmar, this raid is gonna be amazing

    "so, you are an important character in the horde lore? here, take this sword in your throat"

    sweet...
    Last edited by Yossarian; 2013-06-13 at 08:55 AM.

  20. #260
    The Lightbringer Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    3,973
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    Cant Wait to see how many alliance filth die along with the "true" horde
    Haha if you say it like that you got to see it as this, Nazi Germany Hitler as Garrosh and Wehrmacht as Kor'kron.
    And Rest of Germany as the normal horde ;p
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •