Thread: Nazgrim

Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Nazgrim

I just have to say it...

WHY??

General Nazgrim - Once a grunt in service of the former warchief, Thrall, General Nazgrim rose quickly through the ranks after overwhelming victories in Grizzly Hills and the sunken city of Vashj'ir. Fiercly loyal to the Horde and bound by a rigorous code of honor and duty, Nazgrim will hold the line for his warchief until his dying breath.
    I just... WHY??

After everything we've been though with this character, there throwing him away as a boss. We've faught with him though wrath, cata and mists, and yet when it finally comes down to it, he's just another grunt in garrosh's army, ready to throw himself away for his corrupt leader?

#boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I was also sad to see that Nazgrim sides with Garrosh. Thankfully this entire seige of org business is almost over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think theres any hope that after we fight him, he'll come around and realize his warchiefs a monster?
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bound to the warchief so... nothing else can be done lol

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I just have to say it...

WHY??

I just... WHY??

After everything we've been though with this character, there throwing him away as a boss. We've faught with him though wrath, cata and mists, and yet when it finally comes down to it, he's just another grunt in garrosh's army, ready to throw himself away for his corrupt leader?

He's a soldier. That's his job.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Maybe you have to wear down his spirit. By clobbering him.

Yeah I'm pretty bummed by this too. It might be cool if you could have a dialogue at the end of the fight, and if you've done all his quests and pick the right dialogue options, he surrenders and lives, otherwise you have to execute him. Possibly the same with Zaela. Steal the best part of DX:HR; the dialogue fights!

Optionally, make these options a Normal or Heroic-mode bonus thing, like Algalon.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Do you think theres any hope that after we fight him, he'll come around and realize his warchiefs a monster?
    SEe my reply in the other thread, I also said something along the lines of a resolve that might come up with Nazgrim, because I don't think they just kill him off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I actually really love nazgrim and i hope he will die. He is the only person that isnt either mary sueish protagonist or insane mindless idiot. Giving him cliche redemption will remove any illusion of deepth garrosh storyline have. So i salute to poor nazgrim. Its a shame it has to end like that.

I am also slightly saddened by this i liked Nazgrim., hopefully the fight is just us knocking some sense into him then he joins us.

Im thinking it supposed to illicit a emotional response as to the cost of Civil War with your own faction.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping Kiryn, Riko, Rivett and Shokia don't join him. I really like those guys.

After some poking around on Wowpedia and Wowhead, it looks like the only one not present in Durotar is Kiryn, which kind of makes sense - she's more likely loyal to the Banshee Queen than Garrosh, if it came to it.

Edit: I'll have to check later, but it looks like I was mistaken about Rivett and Shokia, their locations in Durotar are actually linked to their presence on board Hellscream's Fist, and the pin showing their location on Wowhead disagrees with where that actually is in-game. Not sure what to think.
    Last edited by Tydrane; 2013-06-12 at 12:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to think that Nazgrim had his moments of doubt about Garrosh a while ago, but instead decided to shelf those doubts like a good soldier and serve his Warchief. It's possible that he believes that he's beyond redemption now, so he'll die defending the choice he made honorably, rather than waiting until the enemy is at the gates to suddenly switch his opinion.
    Butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad they're letting him go down with dignity at least.

I look forward to the touching moment when Varian lets Nazgrim's father collect his corpse.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    He will fight and die with honor. Not all the men we kill need to be our enemies.

It's not even certain we'll end up really killing him or wether Thrall will spare his life or ... something.
    Indeed. I expect he will be fighting even if he does not necessarily believe in the Warchief's motivations, but rather because he is sworn to defend and fight for the Warchief with all of his conviction, no matter what. He'll be an honorable opponent. Looking forward to knowing a lot more about his fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Im thinking it supposed to illicit a emotional response as to the cost of Civil War with your own faction.
    That would be a pretty drastic tonal shift. I don't know if it could work; I think it'd just piss people off rather than create a meaningful emotional resonance.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Yea I hope something changes and he dont die, he was a badass character that was actually built up in game. Even people not into the lore know who he is from leveling.

I guess he will die, simply for the fact to make a point. Players grew attached to him and Blizz is exploiting that emotion now, in order to get the feeling of civil war across.

Personally I think Nazgrim will redeem himself in "his last dying breath" he will realise that his horde the "true horde" isn't actually the true horde. Fingers crossed he is redeemed!
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Nazgrim always seemed to straddle the line between 'following orders' and 'fully devoted' when it came to his loyalties to Garrosh.

I guess we have our answer now. He's doubling down on Garrosh.

We might incapacitate him, and he'll come to his senses later... but he may also go out in a blaze of glory. :/