Thread: Nazgrim

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    he is a soldier of the horde, not for the warchief.

when garrosh calls his horde the " true horde", its the responsibility for soldiers like nazgrim to stand up against him.
    This is the issue i have with this. Obviously, Garrosh is deranged, a tyranical dictator, who just like the evil warchiefs of the past, says that the 'true horde' is the one he leads, right down the shitter. You would think then there would be more standing on what the true horde is (the other races and some of the rebel orcs), and that of the corrupt leader (Garrosh's horde), and you'd think Nazgrim would pick up on this, as in what the horde is meant to be, not what Garrosh makes it out to be.

this current story should go more into depth on the meaning of the horde, having characters actually realizing what the horde is, what it means to stand up for something you know to be right, instead of falling into a clique of 'honor and duty' above common sense.
    #boycottchina

All i know if that for weeks I put up my list of bosses in SOO and people told me no Nazgrim and Warlord Zaela would not side with garrosh and that I was crazy to think they would be in any way bosses.

Well suck it.

I hope I get to bury my sword in his brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Call me optimistic, but there's still a chance he won't die. The dungeon journal straight up telling us that he's a dead man makes me wonder.

Deleted
    this current story should go more into depth on the meaning of the horde, having characters actually realizing what the horde is, what it means to stand up for something you know to be right, instead of falling into a clique of 'honor and duty' above common sense.
    Whilst I hate to bring it up in any form of comparison, see the German General Staff in World War 2. Even when it was painfully obvious that they had lost, that absolutely everything was going down the pan and their leader was a drag addled lunatic control freak, for the most part, they did nothing, standing by their oaths of loyalty to Hitler and Germany even as it burned around them. Even right up to the very end a great many stayed loyal out of a sense of duty and honour winning out over common sense. This has happened again and again throughout history.

Like you Trassk i'm really bumbed out that we will be fighting Nazgrim, he's been with us a long time and I honestly thought he was a good candidate for Warchief of the Horde. But then again we don't know if we kill him, there could be some mechanic in game or something when he's defeated and Thrall/co talk some sense into him, i'd like to think we do, I would love him being defeated, not killed, but we will have to see eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Call me optimistic, but there's still a chance he won't die. The dungeon journal straight up telling us that he's a dead man makes me wonder.
    Well, as others have pointed out, there's already a "saved at 1%" fight (the Protectors). Then again, ToES had Tsulong and Lei Shi back-to-back, so who knows? EDIT: I'm also seeing some comments that you don't kill the Klaxxi either, just defeat them.

I have a question as someone who is woefully lacking in Horde lore knowledge:

who is Zaela?
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2013-06-12 at 03:45 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I just have to say it...

WHY??

I just... WHY??

After everything we've been though with this character, there throwing him away as a boss. We've faught with him though wrath, cata and mists, and yet when it finally comes down to it, he's just another grunt in garrosh's army, ready to throw himself away for his corrupt leader?

Maybe you understand now how Alliance players felt when Bolvar died. Though that comparison is unfair. Nazgrim isn't nearly as revered by players as Bolvar was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Maybe you understand now how Alliance players felt when Bolvar died. Though that comparison is unfair. Nazgrim isn't nearly as revered by players as Bolvar was.
    I'm... sorry? You think I don't feel the impact of when certain developed characters I like die in the story, regardless of faction? I read the f***ing novel tides of war, I got torn up when Kinndy Sparkshine died.
    These days I feel like i'm the only one who actually gives a shit when good guys die in warcraft, so don't lecture be on empathy about characters.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Bound to the warchief so... nothing else can be done lol
    Yup... EVEN MOAR LOOT! Woooooo loooooottttttttttttepicpurples!

Ti's a shame, never really like Nazgrim anyways, not even in WC3...

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Well, as others have pointed out, there's already a "saved at 1%" fight (the Protectors). Then again, ToES had Tsulong and Lei Shi back-to-back, so who knows? EDIT: I'm also seeing some comments that you don't kill the Klaxxi either, just defeat them.

I have a question as someone who is woefully lacking in Horde lore knowledge:

who is Zaela?
    She is the warlord of the dragonmaw clan from twlight highlands and a newer orc character they created in Cata, She is extremely loyal to Garrosh after he helped her people free themselves from their tyant leader and then Garrosh folded them into the horde under his banner.

People really liked her and did not like the idea that she would fight one tyrant to join another but it seems she did and is now lending the aid of her protodrakes to Garrosh's army.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I knew it when I saw him while scouting for the Alliance a few days ago.

His devotion to the Horde was always going to be his downfall. He's going to be the tragic boss in SoO, because he is only following orders.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yup... EVEN MOAR LOOT! Woooooo loooooottttttttttttepicpurples!

Ti's a shame, never really like Nazgrim anyways, not even in WC3...
    Thats Nazgrel.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    As an alliance player this is awesome. :3

Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    She is the warlord of the dragonmaw clan from twlight highlands and a newer orc character they created in Cata, She is extremely loyal to Garrosh after he helped her people free themselves from their tyant leader and then Garrosh folded them into the horde under his banner.

People really liked her and did not like the idea that she would fight one tyrant to join another but it seems she did and is now lending the aid of her protodrakes to Garrosh's army.
    Ah, got it. Thanks
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The trolls shall rise once again.

The undead will kill the rest :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    This isn't Metal Gear Solid, we're not Snake and Frank Jaegar, I would like to think that Warcraft characters could think for themselves, especially ones with so much lore investment...
    Nazgrim has supported Garrosh quite clearly from the onset, and loyalty is extremely important to Garrosh's Horde, remember. Even if Nazgrim didn't agree with what Garrosh necessarily did, as his most supreme general, he would most likely continue to support him. Die for the Warchief, loyalty to the Horde.

Not all Horde agree with the idea of dying for your Warchief no matter what, obviously, but to loyalists of Garrosh, following your Warchief as though he's some sort of deity of battle is paramount.

I'm... sorry? You think I don't feel the impact of when certain developed characters I like die in the story, regardless of faction? I read the f***ing novel tides of war, I got torn up when Kinndy Sparkshine died.
    These days I feel like i'm the only one who actually gives a shit when good guys die in warcraft, so don't lecture be on empathy about characters.
    I agree kinndy was a low blow, her dad making the lights in dalaran become her gets me everytime, and yes I am an alliance member but when Carine died I was really sad as he was one / if not my favourite horde character.

Deleted
    How about calm down? You act as if I want to cut your balls off. I also wouldn't call Nazgrim a good guy. He's a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    And then there is the fact that Bolvar didn't die...

I am some what sad that Nazgrim is going to be a boss. He is probably my favorite orc atm.
    Last edited by Togarox; 2013-06-12 at 04:05 PM.

The Alliance will be fighting a raid encounter against him as well as the horde, and for that reason alone I would not hold out any hope of him being anything but dead when the dust settles. A redemption works for Nazgrim when facing a raid of horde rebels supporting the dark spear, it doesn't really work at all against an Alliance seige raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    And then there is the fact that Bolvar didn't die...
    Which wasn't confirmed for several months.