Thread: Nazgrim

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Question:

    Do you guys think Nazgrim will get a model update?
    Raids like these always have nice models of bosses that look 'bad ass', but nazgrim looks like... shit if we compare him to Garrosh.
    I think we see Nazgrim getting a model update for SoO. (maybe corrupted too?)

    What do you guys think?
    Good question, I think he won't personally, but then again all they really need to do is slightly tweak the new fantastic Garrosh model (the model everyone thinks will be the new player Orc model) and he's good to go, I can't imagine a reason not to
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

  2. #122
    Mechagnome TrollShaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Echo Isles
    Posts
    602
    Sad to see him die. From wotlk I always thought he's a pretty cool Orc.
    Well sometime ago I remember somebody complaining to GC about the number of bosses defeat at 1% HP. Guessing blizz didn't wanna do too much of those fight endings let alone for Nazgrim, and instead apply those to corrupt Klaxxi Paragons and Golden Lotus mons in 5.4's raid.

    Troll altoholic | Windrunner and Barthilas Horde

  3. #123
    Nazgrim sees the true Power, and also the true Horde.

    Garrosh can control an Old Gold as his weapon, his power is unlimited.
    For the truu' Horde!11!!1

  4. #124
    Banned Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,473
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    Sad to see him die. From wotlk I always thought he's a pretty cool Orc.
    Well sometime ago I remember somebody complaining to GC about the number of bosses defeat at 1% HP. Guessing blizz didn't wanna do too much of those fight endings let alone for Nazgrim, and instead apply those to corrupt Klaxxi Paragons and Golden Lotus mons in 5.4's raid.
    It just makes his character arch feel pointless. all this build up where we worked alongside him, where he actually came off as a decent orc who just wanted to prove himself and show his loyalty, and in the end, it ends up killing him, and by us who fought beside him.
    That just makes it feel like the character had no real value, despite being so involved in current events.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Do you think theres any hope that after we fight him, he'll come around and realize his warchiefs a monster?
    I hope so. Maybe it'll be where we bring him down to like 1-5% or so and he groans out something about realizing Garrosh has gone too far, then passes out?

    He's gotten too much buildup to just be another lootbox.
    I can't help but feel my "epic" experience being diminished when I wage battle against mighty Ordos and 10 people in the raid do nothing but /jump and /fart ...
    -- Strych, 90 Orc Warrior, Tarren Mill EU

  6. #126
    Though i am sad that Nazgrim will probably die, who will use body parts of Thrall in his swears?

    "Thrall's Balls! They're everywhere!" - Never forget.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  7. #127
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    It just makes his character arch feel pointless. all this build up where we worked alongside him, where he actually came off as a decent orc who just wanted to prove himself and show his loyalty, and in the end, it ends up killing him, and by us who fought beside him.
    That just makes it feel like the character had no real value, despite being so involved in current events.
    IMO it completes his arc perfectly. If he'd gone on much longer he was going to just feel like a bland recurring character.

    Instead we follow his rise alongside Garrosh. Going from a grunt to a commander, then to Garrosh's chief general. Now he's going to fight for what all Orcs want, honor. In his eyes, the rebels are honorless because they took up arms against who is the rightful warchief.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 01:14 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Though i am sad that Nazgrim will probably die, who will use body parts of Thrall in his swears?

    "Thrall's Balls! They're everywhere!" - Never forget.
    His dying words. "Thrall's.... Balls...."
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  8. #128
    Banned Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,473
    This kind of thing really makes me not want to level any new characters up. Its great when leveling and discovering these characters and seeing them develop, because lets face it, our characters are not characters, rather avatars of ourselves. So when we know certain characters will be dead by the time we each a certain level, it really makes me not want to go though it again, since the story becomes more melancholy.

    And really, if they don't off Admiral Taylor along with Nazgrim, I will be so pissed. Why should Taylor get to carry on after all the shit he did, and Nazgrim becomes the loot bag.

  9. #129
    The Lightbringer Edward Newgate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    3,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This kind of thing really makes me not want to level any new characters up. Its great when leveling and discovering these characters and seeing them develop, because lets face it, our characters are not characters, rather avatars of ourselves. So when we know certain characters will be dead by the time we each a certain level, it really makes me not want to go though it again, since the story becomes more melancholy.

    And really, if they don't off Admiral Taylor along with Nazgrim, I will be so pissed. Why should Taylor get to carry on after all the shit he did, and Nazgrim becomes the loot bag.
    Because Taylor is alliance.
    Nazgrim is a Garrosh Supporter.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

  10. #130
    What I would like to happen is us (Alliance or Horde) fighting Nazgrim, when Thrall joins later.

    Then, when he gets beat up, raid boss finishes at 1%, Thrall makes some speech. Nazgrim would be too battered to fight, but clearly won't give up against Thrall (and the raiders.)

    Than Jaina comes in and charges up a faction-leader-level Arcane Blast and disintegrates the General.

    More friction with Thrall and Jaina.
    Last edited by wooootles; 2013-06-12 at 06:26 PM.

  11. #131
    Banned Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Because Taylor is alliance.
    Nazgrim is a Garrosh Supporter.
    Then your just as much responsible for causing war and strife. Don't give me any of this alliance clean hands garbage.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 07:26 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    What I would like to happen is us (Alliance or Horde) fights Nazgrim, when Thrall joins later.

    Then, when he gets beat up, raid boss finishes at 1%, Thrall makes some speech. Nazgrim would be too battered to fight, but clearly won't give up against Thrall (and the raiders.)

    Than Jaina comes in and charges up a faction-leader-level Arcane Blast and disintegrates the General.

    More friction with Thrall and Jaina.
    See that would just put Jaina into 'crossing the line' territory, and she'd become a boss down the line.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This kind of thing really makes me not want to level any new characters up. Its great when leveling and discovering these characters and seeing them develop, because lets face it, our characters are not characters, rather avatars of ourselves. So when we know certain characters will be dead by the time we each a certain level, it really makes me not want to go though it again, since the story becomes more melancholy.

    And really, if they don't off Admiral Taylor along with Nazgrim, I will be so pissed. Why should Taylor get to carry on after all the shit he did, and Nazgrim becomes the loot bag.
    And of course Trassk shows his true colors begging that for everything that happens to one side the equal must happen to the opposite.

  13. #133
    Warchief Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My Warchief's side and command
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Because Taylor is alliance.
    Nazgrim is a Garrosh Supporter.
    Not excatly. It's sufficient read the Dungeon Journal for get that he fight mostly for his rigorous sense of honor and duty to the Horde, and he probably feel uneasy to "betray" his Warchief and spit on all of this. My only hope is that he will put some sense in that dumb head, and not just fight until "his dying breath".

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 06:31 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    And of course Trassk shows his true colors begging that for everything that happens to one side the equal must happen to the opposite.
    For what we saw until now, Nazgrim was not better or worst than Taylor.

  14. #134
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,329
    That's the thing about civil war... sometimes you have to kill your friends.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    For what we saw until now, Nazgrim was not better or worst than Taylor.
    Right and he shouldn't be the mirror of Nazgrim and certainly shouldn't die just because Nazgrim may. This is why we can't have decent lore because people feel the story has to be mirrored across the factions and all things must be equal.

  16. #136
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Then your just as much responsible for causing war and strife. Don't give me any of this alliance clean hands garbage.
    Is not that what he wants it to be, but Blizzard want to get rid of the Horde favoristm title so they will most likely not let any alliance well-known character dies, at least in the patch 5.4

    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    See that would just put Jaina into 'crossing the line' territory, and she'd become a boss down the line.
    Yeah, that's the point, that will help to let a small flame of conflict between the Horde and the Alliance, at least to explain PVP and things like that in the future

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    See that would just put Jaina into 'crossing the line' territory, and she'd become a boss down the line.
    Not quite. Nazgrim is a raid boss FFS, and allied with Garrosh at that. She'd be doing Nazgrim a favor by Lok'tar Ogar'ing him away. At best it should still highlight the fact that Alliance and Horde still don't like each other.

    Of course if Naz had surrendered by then and she did that, well that's dicey. Still not enough to make her raidboss candidate; her arc regarding her horde rage finishes this expansion.

  18. #138
    Warchief Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My Warchief's side and command
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I actually really love nazgrim and i hope he will die. He is the only person that isnt either mary sueish protagonist or insane mindless idiot. Giving him cliche redemption will remove any illusion of deepth garrosh storyline have. So i salute to poor nazgrim. Its a shame it has to end like that.
    Nazgrim have nothing to redeem, he would just have to open his eyes. His life or death will be decided by this, at this point.

  19. #139
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Right and he shouldn't be the mirror of Nazgrim and certainly shouldn't die just because Nazgrim may. This is why we can't have decent lore because people feel the story has to be mirrored across the factions and all things must be equal.
    Sad but true, but i also kind of annoying when only one side keep winning and winning..., so... sometimes their arguments and not completely baseless

  20. #140
    The Lightbringer Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    3,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Thats Nazgrel.
    ... Ohhh... Why do all orc's have to look the same and have their names sound the same!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •