Thread: Nazgrim

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Any ideas yet who will be the next General?
    I assume it depends on the Warchief.
    Yes I am sure that the new Warchief (if there even is one and the Horde doesnt go all "council of leaders") will appoint his own General. In time, we will learn to love (or hate for Alliance) him too.

Deleted
    If it's going to be an orc, Nazgrim for Warchief. Killing off a character we have had so much interaction with over two expansions.. come on. Leave us with SOME decent Orcs. Slightly off-topic here but didn't the Dragonmaw rebel against their initial Warchief because of the same tyranny that Garrosh places his 'Horde' under? Why kill her off too..?

I still remember him breaking free and one shotting that naga in Vashj'ir then courageously jumping down into Neptulons domain.
    Last edited by mmoc877b2d3d8f; 2013-06-12 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    So... in your words, Blizzard is writing it right?

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 10:14 PM ----------

Don't underestimate the value of a story. People still remember of Vael and BWL.
    Betcha they remember being very happy when Vael actually did die too.

10+ Year Old Account
    nazgrim dies and garrosh lives...that sure would be a slap in the face to horde players :P

It's sad to see Nazgrim die as some middle of the road boss. It's hard enough to build up noteworthy characters in MMOs and now after they've built up Nazgrim for three expansions they have him killed as some sideboss. So much for Nazgrim as Warchief....

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Something Tells me that Trassk is the kind of person that wouldn't watch Game of Thrones LOL.
    Barely any PoV character dies in game of thrones and from those that died 90% came back later. Martin is worse then Blizzard in that regard.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm Alliance and even I am quite disappointed in his inclusion in the list of loot pinatas.

My only hope is that at least he will be given something of a Deathbringer Saurfang treatment (i.e. is a reluctant boss, not doing it for Garrosh the person, but for (blind) loyalty to the position of the Warchief), unlike Malkorok or whatever his name was, that will be all too eager to be a boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    If it's going to be an orc, Nazgrim for Warchief. Killing off a character we have had so much interaction with over two expansions.. come on. Leave us with SOME decent Orcs. Slightly off-topic here but didn't the Dragonmaw rebel against their initial Warchief because of the same tyranny that Garrosh places his 'Horde' under? Why kill her off too..?

I still remember him breaking free and one shotting that naga in Vashj'ir then courageously jumping down into Neptulons domain.
    yeah, thats kind of another bullcrap move by the devs. They did this whole build up on Zaela and the dragonmaw being held by a tyrant, and she made some big hammy speech about keeping there blood pure... and now she follows another orc that tampers with corrupting magics and powers, unleasing an evil on the world that was meant to be locked up.. where the hell are her morals?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    So... in your words, Blizzard is writing it right?
    No, i think he's saying that the whole "pump, pump, pump war in the story" was bad. And now that shit happened, events like a likable character die for fulfill such storyline can be logical, while still a shame.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-12 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No there has to be some sort of redemption for him after we defeat Garrosh. This guy just has too much potential to be a great character perhaps even a Warchief to just be thrown away like this.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I'm Alliance and even I am quite disappointed in his inclusion in the list of loot pinatas.

My only hope is that at least he will be given something of a Deathbringer Saurfang treatment (i.e. is a reluctant boss, not doing it for Garrosh the person, but for (blind) loyalty to the position of the Warchief), unlike Malkorok or whatever his name was, that will be all too eager to be a boss.
    they made nazgrim into a boss, but didn't give us Magatha or Gallywix, who people WANTED to punch and burn.
    Blizzard really doesn't like sharing the good sweets.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Do you play on a RP server? I'm all for getting involved in a storyline but sheesh man, theres extremes to which you simply can't take things.

Edit: I feel I need to be a little bit clearer. What I'm saying is, making a lore character a boss fight does not relegate them to the bottom dregs of storytelling, for instance the Lich King still had a great storyline leading up to his final fight and demise at the end of WotLK, even if someone in your raid group /danced on his corpse after he died. I mean, the alternative is having major lore characters die in cutscenes during which the player has no control, and at that point aren't you better off watching a tv show or movie?

I don't know man, I feel like if you're the kind of guy who gets upset about player characters 'defiling' a lore character that is a boss then you should be playing on an RP server, killing that boss once and once alone in your entire lifetime, and then moving on. If you play with a normal raiding guild and kill bosses to get loot, then I don't know what to tell you; there is simply no room to be upset at the treatment of a lore character that becomes a killable boss.
    Maybe I should be clearer as well. I was responding to someone who thought a character could be treated with respect in death after a boss fight. You and I are in perfect agreement. There truly is no room for that. All NPC deaths in this game are ignoble, even the ones with the cutscenes. Which is just one of the many reasons I am extremely disappointed we're going to fight Nazgrim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Nazgrim have the same model are is he too getting a new model?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Remember, the tyrant was a fel orc that considered all normal orcs inferiors.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
    Does Nazgrim have the same model are is he too getting a new model?
    No word yet. We'll figure out later into the PTR.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    No, i think he's saying that the whole "pump, pump, pump war in the story" was bad. And now that shit happened, events like a likable character die for fulfill such storyline can be logical, while still a shame.
    Or it makes the story more real. Not always the bad guys are the ones to die and not always the one that we fight is a bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    they made nazgrim into a boss, but didn't give us Magatha or Gallywix, who people WANTED to punch and burn.
    Blizzard really doesn't like sharing the good sweets.
    Neither of them did anything in Mists. Magatha isn't in Garrosh's good graces, and neither is Gallywix. If those two poked their heads in Orgrimmar, the Kor'kron would have said heads delivered to Garrosh on a truesilver platter with a garnish of intestines on the side.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Or it makes the story more real. Not always the bad guys are the ones to die and not always the one that we fight is a bad guy.
    I don't discuss this, but indeed shift so much focus, (until it became the 'main' focus) in the Horde vs Alliance war has not been the best thing happened in this game, especially when the said total war ended with, just as the previous expansions, in a bitter "alliance" between Horde and Alliance forces for shut down the common threat, with the difference that this time the common threat is the Horde itself, or at least a chunck of it, that has been anyway part of the faction for all those years. But, well, obviously we just have to deal with it, bitching like a bunch of whiners will not help at all.

:'(

It saddens me to see Nazgrim as a boss (he will likely be killed off).

Was really a memorable part of the horde questing experience.

Deleted
    I will kill him gladly, that filthy horde!
    I don't know why people are so pissed. Maybe they confuse him with NAZGREL? Now Nazgrel was an honorable orc who served with Thrall. Nazgrim didn't strike me as such. He seemed to me more of a "I was following orders" type...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashandris View Post
    I will kill him gladly, that filthy horde!
    I don't know why people are so pissed.
    Maybe because players had to do with him for 3 expansions?

And please, Nazgrel was loyal to Thrall, but disagreed with him about just one point: for him the humans needed to be put in their place, since discussing with them was useless.