Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

The future of Hunter PvE

let's not forget to keep in mind that this is all still very early PTR, and some things are bound to change! but...

I can't help but feel we're just increasingly becoming more and more useless to a raid comp. Not only were we lacking before (currently i suppose), but now we're losing our interrupt.

do you think this could be their first few steps in making MM a more attractive spec for raiding?

it would be nice to have all 3 be viable options, actually putting the decision into our hands as to what spec is appropriate for the fight we're facing, rather than only seeing BM hunters running around.

how do you guys feel about it?

edit: try to avoid turning this thread into a silencing shot debate. it's not the only element at play here
    Last edited by cashzilla; 2013-06-20 at 03:48 PM.

I don't think I've ever been in a raid group where Hunters were needed for an interrupt. If for whatever reason you're running some stupid setup where you need the Hunter to interrupt then maybe you should consider a change in your raid group.

Deleted
    personally i smell too much PvP drama about hunters, which has automaticly big influence on PvE scene and which leaves hunter class in raids only to make pure dmg, nothing else, and yet this is not even close to be "topping meters" class. correct me if im wrong, but there is not much competitive hunters making competitive PvP, and yet every time something is too good, they nerf it to the ground. because "amagad that Lynx Rush, amagad that Bestial, amagad this and that". yet again, i cant understand why Blizzard is trying to fix stampede, since it was kinda untouched since 5.0, and when ive heard "rumors" about Bestial Wrath not beeing reset anymore by Rediness...i mean cmon.

logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by knajf83 View Post
    personally i smell too much PvP drama about hunters, which has automaticly big influence on PvE scene and which leaves hunter class in raids only to make pure dmg, nothing else, and yet this is not even close to be "topping meters" class. correct me if im wrong, but there is not much competitive hunters making competitive PvP, and yet every time something is too good, they nerf it to the ground. because "amagad that Lynx Rush, amagad that Bestial, amagad this and that". yet again, i cant understand why Blizzard is trying to fix stampede, since it was kinda untouched since 5.0, and when ive heard "rumors" about Bestial Wrath not beeing reset anymore by Rediness...i mean cmon.

logic.
    This.

I'm getting damn tired of them nerfing Hunters. And what spec do they constantly harp on? BM of course.

And yeah, I heard the whole "amg Stampede is OP QQQQQQQ" argument. So then... Why the hell did they nerf Bestial Wrath instead!? We've had the upgraded version since BC! http://www.wowwiki.com/Bestial_Wrath

Someone at Blizzard must've lost to a lot of Hunters or something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I don't think I've ever been in a raid group where Hunters were needed for an interrupt. If for whatever reason you're running some stupid setup where you need the Hunter to interrupt then maybe you should consider a change in your raid group.
    i've never been in a position where my interrupt was necessary, so cool your jets. it's just an outlook on what we bring to a raid and how we bring VERY little, and if anything you solidified my point even more about how unnecessary we are.

feels like we're at the point where "well... we have no mail wearers... lets grab a shaman or hunter, whatever we can find first" there's no reason for us to be deemed as favorable compared to other classes

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    The lack of thought in this post is astounding.

Many 10 man raid groups need everyone to contribute and sometimes that means having the hunter interrupt.

Also, lots of raid groups are composed of guildies or friends and raid together for fun and are not as concerned about the raid comp.

Giving MM exclusives seems like a poor way to get people to play the spec to me.

Look at the bright side, now you have a legit reason to never be on interrupt duty! Yaaaaay.

Quote Originally Posted by bendak View Post
    Giving MM exclusives seems like a poor way to get people to play the spec to me.

Look at the bright side, now you have a legit reason to never be on interrupt duty! Yaaaaay.
    today exclusives, tomorrow 500% damage buff to aimed shot muahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post

Many 10 man raid groups need everyone to contribute and sometimes that means having the hunter interrupt.

Also, lots of raid groups are composed of guildies or friends and raid together for fun and are not as concerned about the raid comp.

Yeah, I run in a hyper casual group, and on interrupt fights I use it as a back-up if someone makes a mistake. It's not absolutely necessary, but I will miss it. As long as I'm never forced to spec into MM for it, everything's gonna be all right.

From pve perspective I would prefer Binding shot than silencing shot.

Melee classes have much more and lower cds interrupts so I was actually never interrupting as a hunter

I dont like new arcane shot but it is probably impact of new haste levels which paired with increased dmg from AS may be hidden buff to Hunter like recent Iron Hawk buff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post

Couldn't agree more. Moving Silencing Shot to MM just to make people play the spec shows how little Blizzard cares for Hunters and that they have no idea what to do with the class. Just got to hope that Siege of Orgrimmar wont be relying heavily on interrupts.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the good things about Pandaria has been how much more liberating it feels to play a hunter now. With no minimum range or movement restriction, it felt to me like I was getting to play the class that I always wanted to play, rather than being stuck to the spot. Interrupt shot is (was) very much part of that. Not totally vital, but it gave me a sense of being useful and bringing at least a small amount of utility to the raid.

Now, I don't raid hard core any more. Hell, my guild hasn't even reached ToES yet. This is not typical of people you see on forums, but it is probably quite typical on real world realms. We don't have the luxury of being able to pick 10 people who know their class inside out, so it falls upon more experienced members to be a sort of "band aid" and patch up some deficiencies. Interrupt is one of those band-aids. It is damn useful on LFR too.

It is my perception that Blizz are panicking a bit over hunter PvP and, combined with the "we have to do something about talents, but we aren't really sure what" and a lack of ideas about MM, are now very much encroaching on PvE playability and quality of life issues at the core of WoW usability. It used to be the case that you brought a wolf to the raid, but I can foresee every LFR raid group having a fleet of gorillas now.

Same issues we have had, and no real fix in sight, and with the new buffs to the enhance shaman in 5.3 there is no reason to bring a hunter to soak mail gear unless you absolutley cant carry another melee and need the ranged. Its silly a dps class like the hunter brings nothing expect an aoe sunder to a raid comp at least on 25 man these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all the guilds have a luxury to have what ever classes they want come raid that day, our guild normaly take what we can get so if I needed to interrupt, then so be-it.
    We are currently on Dark anumis normal so not Hardcore at all, and it is fine by me, we make progress atleast one boss a week ( was stuk on horridon lol). So i guess what i am trying to say is, it is a big deal removing the interrupt from hunters, if you dont use it, good for you, but think of the "lower class" players aswell please?

i recall myself interupting in protectors, horridon and council. isnt about hunter being good at interupting is just abilities that help you be helpfull to your raid group.

a range interupt is much apreciated, there is always that 1st interupt when melee is running to boss, that shield that made mobs blow up but still need to interupt and some other things.

losing the Little utility we have isnt good, i wish they either gives us a interupt baseline on a short CD or a long CD interupt with a silence attached to it.

never Heard about that mob you gota MD but wont move because is casting? because there are plenty of them.

what about all the rares and pets you have to have an interrupt on. and dont tell me scatter or intim. they just start casting what they were casting right after those.

If for whatever reason you're running some stupid setup where you need the Hunter to interrupt then maybe you should consider a change in your raid group.
    Just wow...

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Just wow...
    That guys always has a bad attitude no matter what it is, wouldn't get flustered over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    what about all the rares and pets you have to have an interrupt on. and dont tell me scatter or intim. they just start casting what they were casting right after those.
    That's a good point, actually.

I was upset from a soloing perspective, mostly, though. And those fucking panda rares are murder now that that jade kick hits your pets for full damage... and no heal interruption, with all pet interrupts now on lengthy CDs? Fucking christ.

And right after they added Hutia, too.
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2013-06-15 at 11:29 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

CONS:
    Hunter has MANY out dated mechanics (traps, hunters mark etc)
    Pet pathing is horrendous
    We bring ZERO useful things to a 25 man raid group in terms of cool downs
    No raid interrupts
    MM is currently the one spec in game that is completely useless to PvE in all aspects
    Hunter aspects are completely out of date and just passive dmg increase
    We scale worse than any other class resulting in buffs every single content patch via hotfix
    Our controlled multi dotting is HORRIBLE and not realistic due to focus
    To many useless buttons

PROS:
    Great for 10 mans for buffs
    Completely different than any other class (not really a good thing though it seems)
    Less competition for gear
    Great at start of expansions due to less reliant on gear (not really good cause it is due to poor gear scaling)

As of right now, there is ZERO reason to bring more than 1 per raid.