Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    I was actually only bashing this part of your post. It is a serious problem and what causes hunters concerns to go unfixed for years. We have several very vocal hunters trying to convince the vast majority we are "fine" or "not as bad" as stated.

I apologize if I was snippy with you, that was not my intention... I just have become completely jadded by the hunter communities lack of understanding and when one does actually have a small understanding they downplay it by saying its not as bad as portrayed.
    like i said, we are not fine, we are not garbage as most of you point out.

we are not dead last and trust me, you can outdps bad players even if they play OP specs.

in my guild our locks are garbage, our ele shaman is OK our rogué is beast and same with our dk, still in some fights i keep up and even beat rogué and dk.

not like im ALWAYS dead last. there are fights where i cant compete and thats OK i dont want to be top every fight but there are fights where others cant compete (lei shen) with me.

Deleted
    The main problem is in top 25hc guilds when progression occurs. When you have same geared & skilled variety of classes to choose from hunters would only get a spot for soaking agi mail if you had no deacent enh shammy. With lower iLvL in the first weeks the most important thing is overall raid utility followed by dps (usually there are more mdot fights than sustained aoe) so we rather loose a spot for boomkin/lock/sp/mage. We even do not have any kiting like we used to have in previous tiers and usually are offered a shitty jobs to kick/click/activate something.
    Yes we have aoe sunders on a shitty cd (rather as it is not on demand), as 5.4 goes its possible rouges will get aoe sunders via glyph on FoK.

Quote Originally Posted by gcg View Post
    Because minigames.
    I wanna say this ... and I am, if they made Silencing shot baseline I can almost bet 100% that every PVPr would foam at the mouth with outrage. It's why PVE Hunters are where they are .... because 1 moron in PVP has an issue with a hunter and next thing you know hunters are slammed with a nerf bat because "Hunter's are OP!!!!!!!1111111"
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vooyas View Post
    The main problem is in top 25hc guilds when progression occurs.
    I'd like to hear kennys, dyveriates, rogerbrowns or pottms opinion on this one. As they are all in top three guilds ATM although Kenny moved to blood legion after midwinter had finished progress, where they sitouted or where they in progress kills only for soaking? I can't imagine even one of them being last in recount.

we are not dead last and trust me, you can outdps bad players even if they play OP specs.
    The more you post the more you prove the point I make... did you seriously try and say we are ok because we can beat bad players even if they play a OP spec??? /facepalm

in my guild our locks are garbage, our ele shaman is OK our rogué is beast and same with our dk, still in some fights i keep up and even beat rogué and dk.
    Ancedotal evidence is ancedotal... again this means nothing. I used to play for a top 100 guild, I quit progressive raiding and play with friends for fun and I usually beat all of them, how in the world does that mean anything? I have 10 times more skill than those around so I top meters so hunters are ok????
    /omg someone slap me

not like im ALWAYS dead last. there are fights where i cant compete and thats OK i dont want to be top every fight but there are fights where others cant compete (lei shen) with me.
    If no one can compete with you on LeiShen you seriously out skill them. You should be well behind 2 mage specs locks fury's feral druids and rets at a minimum.

This is just another one of those... I do fine in my guild (because I out skill them all) so we are ok post. Go look at your logs, check what percentile your running in and then check the other people in your guild. I can guarentee you your 20 percentile higher than anyone else if your beating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    I wanna say this ... and I am, if they made Silencing shot baseline I can almost bet 100% that every PVPr would foam at the mouth with outrage. It's why PVE Hunters are where they are .... because 1 moron in PVP has an issue with a hunter and next thing you know hunters are slammed with a nerf bat because "Hunter's are OP!!!!!!!1111111"
    This is dumb, Hunter's have been rather OP since the beginning of MoP...ya know...back when I would double Lynx Rush burn any class in 2 seconds. Let me know how you would balance them?

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    I was actually only bashing this part of your post. It is a serious problem and what causes hunters concerns to go unfixed for years. We have several very vocal hunters trying to convince the vast majority we are "fine" or "not as bad" as stated.

I apologize if I was snippy with you, that was not my intention... I just have become completely jadded by the hunter communities lack of understanding and when one does actually have a small understanding they downplay it by saying its not as bad as portrayed.
    but that wasn't even me posting :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    I'd like to hear kennys, dyveriates, rogerbrowns or pottms opinion on this one. As they are all in top three guilds ATM although Kenny moved to blood legion after midwinter had finished progress, where they sitouted or where they in progress kills only for soaking? I can't imagine even one of them being last in recount.
    Well as I said from purerly utility and dps wise on certain encounters ( multidot fight) if you have an equaly skilled dot player hunter will not have a spot i he is lower compared to other class. Not taking how long and commited you are in your guild into consideration too.
    Sometimes even 1-2% makes a difference. It realy does not matter if you are top 3 or 30, when you have a full roster of equally geared & skilled ppl with variety of clases to choose from.

This is the actual problem. I do not think on st fight its that terrible. Its just our class does not have any mechanic that is usefull in dps gains (dynamic scaling 90+%).
    Last edited by mmoc2909f72852; 2013-07-07 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    All I got after reading this entire thread, is that there is way too many people here who still think the Hunter class is fine, silencing shot or not.
    Personally, I have never been asked to interrupt on a boss in this tier or that last, so losing silencing shot wasn't a big deal to me since I couldn't care less about PvP, regardless of how overpowered we are considered. I can see how losing silencing shot in PvP is bad and my heart does go out to the PvP Hunters of the community.

What concerns me the most is the people saying "gear your alt then and reroll." Some of us don't have that luxury. I barely have time to raid 4 times a week, so how on earth am I going to manage to level an alt, gear it up properly and get it ready to raid Heroic content? It's not going to happen. I'd rather play the class I picked in the first place as my main, instead of swapping between classes depending on what's flavor of the month.

Long story short, kennyloggins or not...If you have the delusion that hunters are going to be preffered to a boomkin / mage / warlock / eventualy a shaman during 5.4 progress, if it would be released tommorow, as a ranged class, then you my friend are in a land of ponies and rainbows.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibu View Post
    Long story short, kennyloggins or not...If you have the delusion that hunters are going to be preffered to a boomkin / mage / warlock / eventualy a shaman during 5.4 progress, if it would be released tommorow, as a ranged class, then you my friend are in a land of ponies and rainbows.
    It was stated time and time again that this is the early PTR and there will be more changes. 5.4 won't go live tomorrow, or this month. It was a vacation weekend in the US and thus slow with any updates. But tomorrow that is over and we should see a new build coming soon.

Deleted
    World of PVP....ever since TBC. Arenas ruined alot of cool spells, and abilities for PVE.
    cant belive someone actually thinks wow is driven around pvp. blame blizzard not arenas

If stampede was baned from arenas and their cc nerfed against players no one would care about what pvp guy says. Again, blame blizzard for their shortsight, it is not both the communities that rage around it.
    Last edited by mmoc4f448e7a9a; 2013-07-07 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    It was stated time and time again that this is the early PTR and there will be more changes. 5.4 won't go live tomorrow, or this month. It was a vacation weekend in the US and thus slow with any updates. But tomorrow that is over and we should see a new build coming soon.
    Sorry, but i have played this bastard child of a class way too long to trust blizzards work cycles and their history of inadequate decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibu View Post
    Sorry, but i have played this bastard child of a class way too long to trust blizzards work cycles and their history of inadequate decisions.
    And yet you still play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    And yet you still play it.
    I vent often to my guildies about things that irritate me about my Hunter, and often times they ask me "why don't you just reroll?" As frustrating as it is to play the class, and feel like no matter how well you do you'll never match up. The hunter class is unique, and it's playstyle is very much pleasant (except for pet pathing problems... those are infuriating) to play. For all it's faults, Hunter is my chosen class to be my main. But that doesn't mean we can't be bitter about the lack of proper attention that it so desperately needs.

I honestly agree with Kibu, even though I really don't want to. It may still be early in the PTR, but they could at least just throw us some semblance of a bone. Anything would be fine except the generic "we hear you" responses. Reassurance will calm people, but when you state there will be compensation and then go hiding for weeks it rustles peoples feathers. They don't need to update us every step of the way, but just communicating goes a long way.

Deleted
    Bad Hunter's always gonna... complain...

So here is the thing.
    Hunter number 1 on dps... Ok everyone suck's...
    Hunter number 5 on dps...Ok Hunter's suck's.
    Simply ..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I vent often to my guildies about things that irritate me about my Hunter, and often times they ask me "why don't you just reroll?" As frustrating as it is to play the class, and feel like no matter how well you do you'll never match up. The hunter class is unique, and it's playstyle is very much pleasant (except for pet pathing problems... those are infuriating) to play. For all it's faults, Hunter is my chosen class to be my main. But that doesn't mean we can't be bitter about the lack of proper attention that it so desperately needs.

I honestly agree with Kibu, even though I really don't want to. It may still be early in the PTR, but they could at least just throw us some semblance of a bone. Anything would be fine except the generic "we hear you" responses. Reassurance will calm people, but when you state there will be compensation and then go hiding for weeks it rustles peoples feathers. They don't need to update us every step of the way, but just communicating goes a long way.
    Agree and if they don't communicate with community then we can't provide feedback for planned changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrekh View Post
    Agree and if they don't communicate with community then we can't provide feedback for planned changes.
    I can understand their reluctance, to a point. If they communicate then a lot of people will get their hopes up, and some people would probably feel like they were lied to if they (Devs) thought an idea was appealing but ultimately went another direction. Still though, staying in touch with the players is such an important thing and I feel like it's often overlooked. Just look at the KJC changes, they were actively talking with Warlocks and listening intently to all of their feedback and responding in a timely fashion. Meanwhile threads with great points like this one for Hunters get condescending tweets as responses.

Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    "We brought a hunter to progression for two reasons: to soak up mail agi gear and because he is a very good player. Also, because he was able to soak up all mail agi gear, his ilvl was at least 3-5 higher than most people during progression. A hunter with better gear than most of the raid is worth a raid spot, but if we had the option, we would bring only warlocks and rogues with 525 ilvl over hunters with 532 ilvl (my warlock's ilvl vs dyv's hunter during progression). "- Truefire from Blood Legion (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ack-quot/page5)

Just thought I'd post that here for you. Truefire was one of their main raiders/hunters during ToT progression. He also has a geared warlock that he switched to because hunters were not great at all. The warlock's name is thisistherun (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...herun/advanced).

Like Kibu, I don't trust Blizzard's path of change beyond QOL changes. There's still probably two months of PTR to go, so we'll see. But I doubt we will see any meaningful changes, especially since there is a high possibility that they will redesign the hunter class for the new expansion.

While this is true it distracts from the point... The point is we are bad now.

We arent talking about for 5.4, we have been bad the entire expac and have needed a bandaid 10% hawk buff or whatever at the end of every tier to try and keep us in the middle AFTER progression is over.

This is the problem and has been since early FL's.