Deleted

Affliction vs Council of Elders HC!

Hello! What i want to find out is what you fellas have to say about this? Is affliction ( now that the "bug" is fixed ) still viable on this fight? Is it worth rolling dots on all targets with no soulswapping?

Will this outdo demonology? I have the UVLS trink and meta gem. I wont get the chance to try this on LFR until my raid tonight, so im looking for quick answers, thank y

Aff is still very very strong on this fight. Just SB:SW all the mobs and MG on whichever one is empowered.

As far as Demonology goes, it's worth a shot, however if UVLS doesn't proc on the pull then its a pretty big waste.

You won't beat well played demonology with non-terrible proc luck.

Deleted
    While affliction will have great overall damage if you dot everything, demo is just awesome because the multiple doom crit ticking enhances your single target damage greatly, which is really what you need on council. That said, both specs are perfectly viable.

Deleted
    A demo warlock with UVLS and /cast [target=boss1] doom, /cast [target=boss2] doom etc. macros will dominate the meters.

Affliction multi dotting is alot more fluent and so much more fun imo though! But then I always enjoyed affliction a lot more than demo. So I'm biased!

Deleted
    If u are running 10 man team, affliction will bring your team more utility with glyphed CoE and decent overall dmg.Number wise it will not beat a demo played well and with lei shen trinket.

What about demo without UVLS in this fight comparing to affli?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    What about demo without UVLS in this fight comparing to affli?
    Even perhaps? The ability to have 3-4 dooms rolling with 100% crit is what makes Demo so god damm insane here.

I did my first kill as Demo, 2 weeks as Aff, and this week as Demo.

I am a bad Demo Lock - but I did 50-60 k higher as Demo this reset than my Aff parses - but I do have the trinket. Without it, I would take whatever spec your best at!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Even perhaps? The ability to have 3-4 dooms rolling with 100% crit is what makes Demo so god damm insane here.
    I'd expect it to be a good deal lower; being able to dot every priority target and haunt frequently (and dot the adds in Mar'li's phase) adds up quite a bit for a progressing group - not as much as dumping 400k single target as needed (UVLS Demo), but quite a bit.