Thread: T16 2set bonus

  1. #1

    T16 2set bonus

    Just wondering if anyone else has played around with the T16 2set bonus on PTR. I spent about an hour testing it tonight and I'm not even sure what to say. Hunters could be top single target DPS next tier....

    Dropping GT and KC out of my rotation I was able to consistently get Rapid Fire on a 20 sec CD when used with Bestial Wrath + Fervor and about a 30 second CD without BW, then I'd just delay it 10 seconds from there and start over, using Focus Fire at 3+ stacks 1 GCD before Rapid Fire to maximize Focus Regen while spamming Arcanes.

    With no buffs on myself, no debuffs on the target and only using BW, Arcane Shot, Cobra Shot, Rapid Fire and Focus Fire I was able to maintain 180k DPS over 25 minutes of attacking. My gear was the same as my armory but the T15 5set swapped out for the T16 5set.

    I know you can't really tell much from those numbers without significant testing but it seems pretty insane. a 25 second average CD on Rapid Fire is insane especially when you consider that I wasn't using Readiness and missing raid buffs/debuffs also.

  2. #2
    Rapid Fire is one of the worst, if not THE worst, single target cooldown in the game, primarily due to how our shot system is structured and even Marksmanship not using Aimed Shot during Haste effects anymore. It could have 100% uptime and it wouldn't change a whole lot...

    The only thing it could do is bring Marks up a hair as Marks has Rapid Recuperation active during Rapid Fire. With the new Arcane Shot it could be interesting but would have to sim it and such.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Rapid Fire is one of the worst, if not THE worst, single target cooldown in the game, primarily due to how our shot system is structured and even Marksmanship not using Aimed Shot during Haste effects anymore. It could have 100% uptime and it wouldn't change a whole lot...

    The only thing it could do is bring Marks up a hair as Marks has Rapid Recuperation active during Rapid Fire. With the new Arcane Shot it could be interesting but would have to sim it and such.
    MM is dead theres no point messing with it for the rest of the expansion without a major overhaul of the spec's mechanics.

    All my testing was done as BM, if you didn't notice by the mention of KC and FF...

  4. #4
    My point was that Rapid Fire is pretty pitiful as a DPS cooldown, meaning its large uptime isn't going to suddenly shoot us up the charts, especially when others will be getting strong bonuses as well.

    I simply used Marks as an example of where it could be remotely useful. For Beast and Surv its pretty much "meh."

  5. #5
    How's SV when doing this?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    How's SV when doing this?
    For the purpose of getting insanely low RF cooldowns it's probably not that great. ES and BA together make up a good 40% of a SV Hunter's damage so dropping them to purely use Arcane would probably be a massive DPS loss.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    For the purpose of getting insanely low RF cooldowns it's probably not that great. ES and BA together make up a good 40% of a SV Hunter's damage so dropping them to purely use Arcane would probably be a massive DPS loss.
    i assume so, but i havent spent any time on the PTR yet. so i was curious if anyone had tried this for SV on the PTR and if so how it worked out.

  8. #8
    So much fun our rotation will be on the next patch... Arcane spam forever... x.x



    " So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    So much fun our rotation will be on the next patch... Arcane spam forever... x.x
    For Beast Mastery on the PTR currently, getting basically identical results to the standard BM priority by swapping Dire Beast/Fervor for Thrill of the Hunt and abandoning Kill Command. As per comment by Lore on the NA PTR board, the devs are aware of this and will be correcting it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    My point was that Rapid Fire is pretty pitiful as a DPS cooldown, meaning its large uptime isn't going to suddenly shoot us up the charts, especially when others will be getting strong bonuses as well.
    If we assume getting 2 Rapid Fires every minutes is doable (which it was) then that would be a 32/60 second (53%) uptime. Since RF gives 40% Ranged Haste and there is a 53% uptime then on average you have a 21.2% Haste buff. 21.2% haste isn't pitiful.


    Either way 2 things can come out of this. They ignore it and we get 53% Rapid Fire uptime and become insane or they buff signature shot damage and we get a buff. win-win scenario.

  11. #11
    Rapid fire is still worse 2K dps according to FD (2k loss between 3 RF and 2 RF) so it's not that useless if you can get 3 or 4 RF more...

  12. #12
    Someone naysayed Marksmanship in this topic... to be honest, at the very beginning of T15 it really wasn't all as significantly behind as people like to claim and it was really only the T15 bonuses much more heavily benefiting the other specs that created the wider difference.

    So what happens if you go the other way and get a 2pc bonus that very specifically benefits MM particularly well?

    In any case - Rapid Fire isn't a spectacular DPS cooldown, but it's still good to have because of the focus regeneration if nothing else... it does make me wonder about Thrill of the Hunt as well...

  13. #13
    I wish call of the wild was our cd vs rapid fire;(

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    I wish call of the wild was our cd vs rapid fire;(
    Call of the Wild was the best CD!! Bring that back. I'd be happy

  15. #15
    Pit Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Post-Apocalyptic America
    Posts
    2,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    If we assume getting 2 Rapid Fires every minutes is doable (which it was) then that would be a 32/60 second (53%) uptime. Since RF gives 40% Ranged Haste and there is a 53% uptime then on average you have a 21.2% Haste buff. 21.2% haste isn't pitiful.


    Either way 2 things can come out of this. They ignore it and we get 53% Rapid Fire uptime and become insane or they buff signature shot damage and we get a buff. win-win scenario.
    Or they nerf the 2pc.... ha... haha... oh man that would suck

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    If we assume getting 2 Rapid Fires every minutes is doable (which it was) then that would be a 32/60 second (53%) uptime. Since RF gives 40% Ranged Haste and there is a 53% uptime then on average you have a 21.2% Haste buff. 21.2% haste isn't pitiful.


    Either way 2 things can come out of this. They ignore it and we get 53% Rapid Fire uptime and become insane or they buff signature shot damage and we get a buff. win-win scenario.
    Or they nerf Arcane Shot back to live values and say FU to hunters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •