Thread: Horde leader

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm really interested in seeing how Blizzard develops the Revealation of the New Warchief. I'm sure it will be some kind of cinematic after killing Garrosh or something to clear the smoke that has been these discussions for several months on the forums. I have to say though that in my opinion and many others, the way Voljin's story has developed this expansion has me set that he will be the new leader of the Horde. Thrall is close to Vol'jin and Thrall would not want to make the same mistake as bringing in someone who could be potentially like Garrosh in the future. Vol'jin's role has been so intriguing this expansion that it would honestly be kind of a "downer" moment (just my thoughts) if he does not get the right of Warchief after this. Lo'Themar is a cool character as well, but I feel it wouldn't fit into the story as well as what Vol'jin can be to the Revolution of the New Horde man'!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Why?

I mean, they should add a new Orc leader (an Orc) but they could take the "Warchief" title out of the Orcs hands because remenber that the Warchief is not just the orc lead he's also the one who lead the Horde
    The title is: Warchief of the Orcish horde
    Not Warchief of the trollish Horde, or warchief of the blood elvish horde.

That is what it has always been and when the dust settles the orcs will need a racial leader no question about it. Also blizzard has routinely said that Humans and Orcs form the core of their respective factions, and the game is about orcs vs humans.

Having a non orc warchief would be a truly lame plot device and do nothing for the redemption of the orcs post-Garrosh.

This fanboism for Vol'jin has gone too far already, and frankly I don't want him as warchief after his begging for alliance help in 5.3 and no matter how you slice it the orcs will still be needing a new leader again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post

That is what it has always been and when the dust settles the orcs will need a racial leader no question about it. Also blizzard has routinely said that Humans and Orcs form the core of their respective factions, and the game is about orcs vs humans.

Having a non orc warchief would be a truly lame plot device and do nothing for the redemption of the orcs post-Garrosh.

This fanboism for Vol'jin has gone too far already, and frankly I don't want him as warchief after his begging for alliance help in 5.3 and no matter how you slice it the orcs will still be needing a new leader again.
    The leader of the Orcs will always be the Orcish Warchief, yes. However, I don't think it's unlikely for the new Horde to have a war council.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I've never known so many people in a community who 'hope' for good guys to die. Kind of gives a look at the downfall of society in this age.

Then again we live in a time where teenagers would mug a war vet, film it on there phone and post it online for shits and giggles, so I shouldn't be surprised by this anymore.
    Someone has a hard time telling reality from fiction...
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post

I know that there will always be an Orchist Warchief but the Horde is not the Orchist Horde anymore, that's why i think the Horde need someone new to lead them, someone who's not an Orc

I know that there will always be an Orchist Warchief but the Horde is not the Orchist Horde anymore, that's why i think the Horde need someone new to lead them, someone who's not an Orc
    Indeed. Being hung up on a system is bad. Its not as if the Horde has even existed for that long, so it doesn't even have the excuse of tradition.

Sticking to the 'old ways' proved to be a disaster, trying to cling onto the notion of the Horde being made up of Orcs and auxillery allies. Orcs are not the majority anymore. Times change.

Look at the Alliance, the supposedly more traditional oriented and organised faction. While they have a 'High King' he has very little personal impact on the fates of his allies. The Dwarves, Gnomes, Night Elves, Worgen and Draenei self-govern and are never forced to commit to any campaign. Varian doesn't get angry when the Bronzebeards and Wildhammers are hesitant to lend their forces, and is grateful to the Dark Irons when they offer their aid.

Also compare the tone differences even on the mission boards. Alliance is 'Heroes' Call'. Horde is 'Warchief's Command'.

The Horde needs change. It needs flexibility and freedom, ironically the thing the New Horde supposedly was created for. Giving the power to one unhinged Orc just drove them right back into the dark practices of the Old Horde.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taustin View Post
    Nazgrim is in the line up for the bosses in Seige of Orgimmar, so there's no way he will Warchief. Even if he survives after the raid content, he will not be a part of the New Horde.
    He may survive and be turned to the New New New Horde (we need to change Horde naming structures), but they won't put a Garrosh Loyalist as their leader.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    Aethas sunreaver could be the pick for the regent lord.
    I doubt it. He's Theron's least competent underling.

Rommath or Halduron are far better politicians than Sunreaver.

he died during the war against the dark iron dwarves for the control of blackrock mountain.
    Too bad. I liked the "differences" between clans of the Old Horde. All hope in Sylvanas and B.Elfs in the New Horde.
    Is there another "son" of the Old Horde alive?

Edit:
    Horde Player's Guide and Warcraft II hint that they went through the Dark Portal to Outland (and eventually became part of Magtheridon's Fel Horde). However, these events seem to be retconned in World of Warcraft.
    Arf, retconned again.

Maim had his own npc that is still located in the game as creature 17028: Maim Blackhand. His model appears to be that of a Fel Orc, or a chaos orc as he does not seem to have spikes or any serious mutations, just red skinned. Whether this was a place holder or Maim somehow became a fel orc is unknown.
    Come on dude!!! Blizzard trolled me!!!
    Last edited by Belisaurio; 2013-06-12 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post

Yeah, even more the fact that Aethas have the whole Kirin Tor on top of him because the suspect that he helped Garrosh to steal the bell from them

Deleted
    The thing that most sucks about this story is that its been told before.

We had the old Horde's sinful ways.
    Then we had redemption under Thrall's way.
    Now Garrosh going old Skool his way.

I don't want the only hope for the Orcs to to have redemption to be Thrall again when the dust settles.

The lesson is clear that the old ways are not the way. but I think we need to show that the lesson can be present without him at the helm otherwise this all achieves nothing.

Look at the Alliance, the supposedly more traditional oriented and organised faction. While they have a 'High King' he has very little personal impact on the fates of his allies. The Dwarves, Gnomes, Night Elves, Worgen and Draenei self-govern and are never forced to commit to any campaign. Varian doesn't get angry when the Bronzebeards and Wildhammers are hesitant to lend their forces, and is grateful to the Dark Irons when they offer their aid.
    Varian is a human and IS the high king no matter how you spin it. He is there every time the alliance meets trouble exerting his influence over those leaders. The Dark Irons did aid but that didn't stop him being there. Fact is Varian was an alliance Garrosh when he was first made and he was just as hated for it so they softened him up and made him go from "anti Thrall" to "Thrall in blue".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Someone has a hard time telling reality from fiction...
    someone actually appreciates the characters instead of getting off on seeing peoples reaction to them dying.

Yeah, even I felt some sympathy for the garrosh fanboys out there knowing there precious warchief will be killed. which is more then can be said for other posters -_-
    #boycottchina

someone actually appreciates the characters instead of getting off on seeing peoples reaction to them dying.
    Thrall had got the mini-thrall and his wife. The lineage of Durotan is not in dangerous!!!!

Don't allow the name Hellscream disappear from warcraft lore!!! The last son of Grom Hellscream!
    We lost so many Orc Clans and lore names: Blackhand, Doomhammer, etc...don't let another one die because we need loot.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, even I felt some sympathy for the garrosh fanboys out there knowing there precious warchief will be killed. which is more then can be said for other posters -_-
    i still have hope that he will survive :S

Deleted
    Actually we have seen Thrall facing way to many hardships but only in books like "The lord of the Clans" (I love that book!)
    You do have a point but I am inclined to inform you that main source of game lore should be the game itself. Book readers are a minority. Sounds sad I know, but that's just how things roll. It's the same as we had with Rhonin and his death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    You do have a point but I am inclined to inform you that main source of game lore should be the game itself. Book readers are a minority. Sounds sad I know, but that's just how things roll. It's the same as we had with Rhonin and his death.
    Rhonin died in tides of war the novel. We don't even see his death acknowledged in the game until his wife says so.
    #boycottchina

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rhonin died in tides of war the novel. We don't even see his death acknowledged in the game until his wife says so.
    In fairness, Dalaran is 'time-locked' in the LK timeline, otherwise Horde players wouldn't be allowed in :s. It's better that way

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for Abasik Kampfire. May his bright fire always shine true.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post

Correct they are but the reason behind me choosing Aethas is the fact that Rommath and Halduron are advisiors to Lor'Themar and he keeps them near for their sound council were as Aethas could be his voice on the council seeing as how he sat on the council of six in dalaran for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    a war council would be kind of cool, all leaders have a say and democratically vote on horde issues.

however i would like to see a president of some type, president vol'jin. secretary of state Lor'Themar. vice president thrall. etc
    Hi