Thread: Horde leader

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    In fairness, Dalaran is 'time-locked' in the LK timeline, otherwise Horde players wouldn't be allowed in :s. It's better that way
    In the february pod-cast it was said that in 6.0 they may implement changes in northrend to represent changes based on future events, my money is that they were referring to dalaran and as such. in 6.0 the alliance would get the quests dalaran would have given from Windrunner's Overlook and the horde get the quests from Sunreaver's Command.

Deleted
    I honestly do not know who would become leader of the Horde, they did say it would be someone "Unexpected" so I think it will keep a Warchief... but then again I don't trust Blizzards word untill I heard sound files or see the patch come out and raided it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall beng more powerful than before has nothing to do with whether or not he becomes leader again. Look at Varian. Hes much stronger then in wrath, and hes still leader. IM thinking horde alliance war will take a break for a few expansions to deal with the legion and possible azshara.

Deleted
    I'm gonna go with Aggra as next warchief with a council consisting of the other racial leaders helping her with her new role.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodovica View Post
    OFF-topic:Trassk, you are disappointing me. You started this thread [...]
    no, he did not. and he is right in what he said, btw.

on topic:
    i think the idea of a council seems natural. after seeing what can happen if the wrong person* has all the power, maybe the horde does not want this kind of stuff to happen again.

*it is debatable if garrosh really was the wrong person as a leader. the sha of pride seems to have influenced him strongly since the arrival of that annoying teddybear island.

Has anyone ever thought that the Horde and the Alliance might ban together under one banner after the battle is over and the dust settles? With Prince Anduin leading us in the light battle that Velen seen? Since the Burning Legion is coming to Azeroth after all according to all the hints we have been getting and it seems to be what Wrathion believe is going to happen very soon as they are "bearing down on Azeroth as we speak" is more or less what he said. If he didn't don't hold it against me. I'm super tired and sleepy :P

Quote Originally Posted by Usako View Post
    Has anyone ever thought that the Horde and the Alliance might ban together under one banner after the battle is over and the dust settles? With Prince Anduin leading us in the light battle that Velen seen? Since the Burning Legion is coming to Azeroth after all according to all the hints we have been getting and it seems to be what Wrathion believe is going to happen very soon as they are "bearing down on Azeroth as we speak" is more or less what he said. If he didn't don't hold it against me. I'm super tired and sleepy :P
    I think a lot of people would hate this, I for one do not mind joining forces / facing a common enemy similar to wraithgate, but joining for good.

I like my alliance as it stands thanks all the same

Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    Warchief idea is over each leader will chose a emissary to represent them on the newly formed

WAR COUNCIL

Calling it here

Thrall will become the leader of the orcs and his council member will be saurfang.
    Sylvanas will make nathanos blightcaller her choice.
    Tbh the best goblin choice would be gallywix as he like making plans and not being in the fight.
    Hamuul Runetotem or Sunwalker Dezco would be baines likely choices.
    Aethas sunreaver could be the pick for the regent lord.
    Master Gadrin would be Vol'jin's member as he is his trusted advisor.
    Agree on council idea been thinking same idea myself for a while now, not sure on the picked NPCs though.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    I think a lot of people would hate this, I for one do not mind joining forces / facing a common enemy similar to wraithgate, but joining for good.

I like my alliance as it stands thanks all the same
    I could see us joining together for at least an expansion however short or long it is for the special occasion. But after the great evil is defeated, like in WC3 the alliance would fall apart between the two again most likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I've never known so many people in a community who 'hope' for good guys to die. Kind of gives a look at the downfall of society in this age.

Then again we live in a time where teenagers would mug a war vet, film it on there phone and post it online for shits and giggles, so I shouldn't be surprised by this anymore.
    You are so cute. I cannot wait for Thrall to die in 5.4 and see you start your yet another whinefest about how Blizzard is bad and their writing is even worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    You are so cute. I cannot wait for Thrall to die in 5.4 and see you start your yet another whinefest about how Blizzard is bad and their writing is even worse.
    I do not think he will die, Metzen loves Thrall too much for that, also he has a newborn kid and a just married wife.
    I doubt they will do it, if they do however, well we'll see how it moves on from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Usako View Post
    Love that idea, it has been one friends and i and even guild have discussed at length most of them are all for it. The whole Horde Vs Alliance gimmick is very old and tired at this point that it borders on stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    if they made it so horde and alliance joined together to fight the burning legion what would happen to PvP servers & battlegrounds?

if they make aggra leader of the horde, then sorry im out.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    if they made it so horde and alliance joined together to fight the burning legion what would happen to PvP servers & battlegrounds?

relax she wont be...
    Anyway what will happen to pvp etc? How about they are set out as "Tournaments" just as we had gladiator games 100 BC basicly.
    There would be something for it.

I for one would love to see the war end for a while because its getting sickening and the Burning Legion will wreck us if we do not join together.

If they do not choose the WarCouncil then the warchief would have to be someone who deserves respect and has a tie in with old lore. Garrosh's tie was his father.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

PVP servers could still exist and PVP arenas and BG, War games, lore reason to strengthen the alliance horde and alliance train together and do mock battles. PVP servers not sure they need any lore reason etc justification to kill each other so not sure it would matter for them as much, if it does can use similar reason as for BG/arenas.

And i agree with you on Aggra i'd still play but wow i would be thinking wtf blizzard?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    PVP servers could still exist and PVP arenas and BG, War games, lore reason to strengthen the alliance horde and alliance train together and do mock battles. PVP servers not sure they need any lore reason etc justification to kill each other so not sure it would matter for them as much, if it does can use similar reason as for BG/arenas.

And i agree with you on Aggra i'd still play but wow i would be thinking wtf blizzard?
    Same on Aggra, but there is no reason or no way she will be, /thread on that please

Yes Let us leave the Aggra was warchief discussion dead and focus on an actual candidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I've never known so many people in a community who 'hope' for good guys to die. Kind of gives a look at the downfall of society in this age.

Then again we live in a time where teenagers would mug a war vet, film it on there phone and post it online for shits and giggles, so I shouldn't be surprised by this anymore.
    Trassk, (Before I say this, let me get it out there that what you described is deplorable behavior) just because someone feels a certain way about a plotline in a fantasy setting does not mean that they are awful people with no moral code in real life. Some may not like the Post-Aggra Thrall, Others may feel the plot would be better off with a new leader, there may even be a crowd who would enjoy it as a twist. Not saying that I agree whole heartedly with that, but just something to consider.

As far as the new Warchief, who knows? All I can say is if the Warchief isn't an Orc, I'll be disheartened (Stay away from that throne you darn Trolls and Tauren!) if it's a War Council, I'll be just as bummed. Unfortunately they aren't setting up any Orcs really to take the mantle of Warchief, so I am kind of nervous about what's going to happen, I just hope that whatever they choose to do, it doesn't betray the core element of the game series.

Rexxar - Brings Ogres to the Horde for new expansion. You can mark that on your calendar for Blizzcon.