Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Priest Leveling DPS

I know I know, DPS when leveling doesn't matter at all, but compared to the other 6 90's that I have, man Priest DPS seems low from 85-89. I just hit 88 last night and I hold about 18k dps on a same level mob. If I blow all of my cooldowns, I can hit up in the low 30k range, but 15-20k doing a normal rotation.

Is that just the nature of the Priest beast? I have a full set of ilvl 458 waiting on him when he hits 90, so I know that'll help quit a bit. Sitting at 404 ilvl now.

Dreammage

Void tendrils + multi dotting is the key to leveling as a spriest. You should easily be able to manage killing 3-5 mobs all the time, and more with practice.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmuggler View Post
    Void tendrils + multi dotting is the key to leveling as a spriest. You should easily be able to manage killing 3-5 mobs all the time, and more with practice.
    You know, I've not hit the Void Tendrils button once. Does damage break the snare? I'm guessing it doesn't by your description. Currently, if I have 2-3 mobs on me with "normal" health (read: 300k+ hps), then I'll SWP one or two, full dots on the 3rd and bubble/heal till they all fall down. If they are hitting hard I'll throw a scream in there as well.

Also, are you taking Twist of Fate for leveling?

Dreammage

get a better weapon.

no, seriously, pick up http://www.wowhead.com/item=87465 or something similar, it'll help tons, because of the spellpower scaling. also, 404 @ 88 is low, considering that you can buy a full set of 408's with gold.

edit: this guy: www.wowhead.com/npc=62737
    Last edited by Ssith; 2013-06-12 at 07:25 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crap, I just realized my wife has the Dissector's Staff of Mutation that you can use at lvl 86. That'll definitely help.