Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    5.4 Recup/thoughts

    Anyone notice this in the ptr notes? Sure, with the buffs it's still kind of pathetic. But it is kind of neat that it can be cast on other targets besides the rogue.

    MOD NOTE: it cannot be cast on other targets, but it is slotted for a buff. See discussion toward the end of the thread for the current discussion points. -Mugajak
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-06-16 at 05:17 AM.

  2. #2
    No note about this at all actually. Not sure where you're coming from.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

    i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

  3. #3
    Sounds like a bug.

  4. #4
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dat Ingurlund, brrrrrap
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    No note about this at all actually. Not sure where you're coming from.
    From the front page:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Recuperate Finishing move that consumes combo points on any nearby target to restore 4% of maximum health every 3 sec. Lasts longer per combo point: 1 point : 6 seconds 2 points: 12 seconds 3 points: 18 seconds 4 points: 24 seconds 5 points: 30 seconds 30 Energy. 100 yd range. Instant.
    Just to clear this up: this reads that you can use the combo points on any target to heal yourself, not use the combo point to heal any target.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/3
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked, Glyphmaster Gunhaver

  5. #5
    Ah, nvm then, got pretty excited with the thought though. Sorry for getting your hopes up.
    Last edited by delus; 2013-06-12 at 04:45 PM.

  6. #6
    this skill is still pathetic even if it would heal for 6% it still would be pathetic
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues in MoP:

    -Reroll another class, who wants rougue's anyway.
    -Diablo 3 Sold 15 Million Copys
    -Haste will fix it
    -Rogue's are fine

  7. #7
    Yay about time to have a healing spec, now a tanking spec too so that we can become...monks

    I agree with kojik btw, recup is pathetic
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2013-06-12 at 04:27 PM.

  8. #8
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dat Ingurlund, brrrrrap
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    this skill is still pathetic even if it would heal for 6% it still would be pathetic
    In PvP it's affected by the healing debuff, which PvP Power cannot overcome.

    In PvE it's not worth finishing with as healers can heal you quicker.

    It used to regenerate Energy before the talent change IIRC, it probably needs a bit of utility in order for it to be more worth finishing.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/3
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked, Glyphmaster Gunhaver

  9. #9
    Recup can't be used on others that would copy the new druid talent which is a passive recup but if you're at full hp it will heal someone else lol.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    From the front page:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Recuperate Finishing move that consumes combo points on any nearby target to restore 4% of maximum health every 3 sec. Lasts longer per combo point: 1 point : 6 seconds 2 points: 12 seconds 3 points: 18 seconds 4 points: 24 seconds 5 points: 30 seconds 30 Energy. 100 yd range. Instant.
    Just to clear this up: this reads that you can use the combo points on any target to heal yourself, not use the combo point to heal any target.
    Which still isn't what the OP claimed it to be, since it's just like the tooltip is on live.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

    i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

  11. #11
    Recup is about as useful as a bandage, minus the fact that you can't have it cancelled.. It needs to go back to returning energy to make the play of rogues less boring. An increase in 1% is about the typical slap to the face I've come to expect from blizz when dealing with rogues.. Our patch notes are extremely weak when you look at other classes like druids, and shamans who are getting complete reworks again.

  12. #12
    make this ability a CD of 30 it ticks for 6% every 3rd second take it off GCD remove all glyphs for extra healing so its 10 ticks in total for 60% of total health since we have a healing debuff in pvp it would still be uter garbage BUT it would not waste precious combo points

    every other class has some kind of an ability to heal themeselves up without anything to suffer we have to waste combo points to maintain a heal which is crap thats whats wrong with rogues these days
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues in MoP:

    -Reroll another class, who wants rougue's anyway.
    -Diablo 3 Sold 15 Million Copys
    -Haste will fix it
    -Rogue's are fine

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post

    every other class has some kind of an ability to heal themeselves up without anything to suffer we have to waste combo points to maintain a heal which is crap thats whats wrong with rogues these days
    The most annoying thing is when they give other classes versions of recup they're always passive and some heal for much more while still being passive. I don't get why recup isn't made as strong as conversion with cost recup has

  14. #14
    Recup is very functional in single player encounters, and I certainly use it in heroic scens and the like as well. It would be fun to throw it into a 5man or Raid rotation with an energy regen function though. I've often though melee heals would be a fun thing to incorporate in the game...field medic type

  15. #15
    Please bring back 'reduced damage by 6%' of yesteryear!

  16. #16
    all our abilities dont have to be used on everything we do. I really feel that recuperate is fine for what it is. If it really has to change i agree with Koji2k11. Dont really understand why people feel having to keep another buff up would makes rogue "super duper fun!". oO

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori1978 View Post
    I've often though melee heals would be a fun thing to incorporate in the game...field medic type
    This is not Bf3 nor Gw2

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori1978 View Post
    Recup is very functional in single player encounters, and I certainly use it in heroic scens and the like as well. It would be fun to throw it into a 5man or Raid rotation with an energy regen function though. I've often though melee heals would be a fun thing to incorporate in the game...field medic type
    Sounds like you'll enjoy one of the mechanics in SoO:
    Bloodthirsty – Players of the damage dealer role can acquire this Paragon Power. When activated all attacks over the next 10 sec have a chance to spawn blood orbs that persist for 30 sec. If any player walks through a blood orb they will heal for 10% of their maximum health.

  19. #19
    You knw whats bs, is recoup sucks for healing... It is no where near is OP as Second wind for warriors.... Especially since it doesnt cost them a global... Rage... and combo points..... which in turn is a dps loss or cc loss... They really need to look at how stupid warriors get it compared to rogues go as far as a self heal..

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    You knw whats bs, is recoup sucks for healing... It is no where near is OP as Second wind for warriors.... Especially since it doesnt cost them a global... Rage... and combo points..... which in turn is a dps loss or cc loss... They really need to look at how stupid warriors get it compared to rogues go as far as a self heal..
    its not only self heal from second wind its more mobility more damage more everything and i forgot to mention plate armor
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues in MoP:

    -Reroll another class, who wants rougue's anyway.
    -Diablo 3 Sold 15 Million Copys
    -Haste will fix it
    -Rogue's are fine

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •