Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find this obsession with death penalty appalling.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The Death Penalty shouldn't even exist. It costs too much and is statistically insignificant.
    Its only costly because they drag it out for 50 years. If they killed them right after the trial it would be so much cheaper than housing them or 50 years

Deleted
    Whilst I think he is scum and should spend the rest of his life in prison, I don't think he should get the death penalty as that would require someone to carry out the killing, and the kind of person who'd want to make a living off killing people may not be doing it for punishing people but for their own sick, perverse needs. Similarly, whilst it would seem like justice if other prisoners punished him in prison, they are themselves prisoners too, and rather than having the pleasure of having power over someone and getting off on causing others pain, they shouldn't be able to do this, as this would make prison a better place for them (as they would enjoy doing it), and they are meant to be being rehabilitated.

I hope he rots, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Its only costly because they drag it out for 50 years. If they killed them right after the trial it would be so much cheaper than housing them or 50 years
    No, it's costly because they have appeals, and we have to fucking know for sure he's guilty before we kill him.

We have been over this for a thousand times. Its the trials that are costly in the first place and i believe you have some pretty significant laws regarding rights to appeal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you even know why they are not executing them right in the courtroom?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Death Penalty shouldn't even exist. It costs too much and is statistically insignificant.
    and what would be the cost of keeping someone in prison for 25 years, anyone who gets life imprisonment has conducted a crime worthy of death so it would save the government money and to get rid of these people for good, a harsh penalty like this may even reduce these types of crime in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    and what would be the cost of keeping someone in prison for 25 years
    Zero. In fact we will get some profit out of it. Didn't you know that prisoners WORK?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... I didn't know there was that many people that actually wanted to reward that creep with death.

Because yes, death would be a reward for that man. It would be no retribution of any kind; you're basically letting the creep off the hook. Sure, he won't rape any more girls, but by killing him, you shield him from suffering any longer. That is no retribution; that's a reward.

People scare me...
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    We have been over this for a thousand times. Its the trials that are costly in the first place and i believe you have some pretty significant laws regarding rights to appeal.
    They should get no more than 1 appeal and it could take place a week after the trial is over. Im sick of them letting scum continue to live. I strongly believe in an eye for an eye.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 02:01 PM ----------

No, it's costly because they have appeals, and we have to fucking know for sure he's guilty before we kill him.
    Finding them guilty is the whole point of the trial. IF the trial doesnt prove them guilty, then what is the point of having a trial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    a harsh penalty like this may even reduce these types of crime in the long run.
    On the contrary. People desperate enough to end their lives would see this as a government-supported exit from life. Making this sort of penalty more common wouldn't deter someone who has nothing to lose.
    - Woodman

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Zero. In fact we will get some profit out of it. Didn't you know that prisoners WORK?
    do you honestly think there is no cost associated with keeping someone in prison?

10+ Year Old Account
    I strongly believe in an eye for an eye.
    Following your train of thought, an error on death penatly (ie: wrongfully killed) should get everyone who participated in the victim's execution executed as well?

Do you have genocidal tendancies?!?
    - Woodman

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Wow... I didn't know there was that many people that actually wanted to reward that creep with death.

Because yes, death would be a reward for that man. It would be no retribution of any kind; you're basically letting the creep off the hook. Sure, he won't rape any more girls, but by killing him, you shield him from suffering any longer. That is no retribution; that's a reward.

People scare me...

There was an investigative TV show on about this a couple of days ago, and this man has no remorse for what he has done- none. In fact, he goes on to blame the girls themselves for what went on. I also think his "not guilty" plea is because he plans on blaming these girls instead of taking responsibility for his own actions.

The biggest reason I say he deserves the death penalty is because keeping him in jail or even in a metal institution for 50 plus years would do no good for this type of person.

Charles Manson has been in the California jail system for years and has yet to show any remorse for what he's done. It's more of a waste of taxpayer's money to keep someone like this locked up.
    Last edited by taheen74; 2013-06-12 at 06:07 PM.

Deleted
    Why are people so obsessed of death penalties? Why not just use people like these for cannon fodder or experimentation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taheen74 View Post
    There was an investigative TV show on about this a couple of days ago, and this man has no remorse for what he has done- none. In fact, he goes on to blame the girls themselves for what went on. The biggest reason I say he deserves the death penalty is because keeping him in jail or even in a metal institution for 50 plus years would do no good for this type of person.

Charles Manson has been in the California jail system for years and has yet to show any remorse for what he's done. It's more of a waste of taxpayer's money to keep someone like this locked up.
    Yet death penalty still is an easy break for them.
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cashzilla View Post
    do you honestly think there is no cost associated with keeping someone in prison?
    Did you not notice that part about WORK on purpose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally i'd rather see him rot.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Following your train of thought, an error on death penatly (ie: wrongfully killed) should get everyone who participated in the victim's execution executed as well?

Do you have genocidal tendancies?!?
    That's why we need robot executioners aka terminators.
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Did he kill anyone? If not then no death penalty.
    What he did to those women is worse than death, not only did they live a living hell for 10 years, they will keep suffering the consequences of his action for the rest of their lives, i'd take death over that. He robbed them of their youth, broke their mind and spirit and sexually enslaved them for his own pleasure for an entire decade.

What are those women suposed to do now? They have been robbed of the chance at an education, at a chance a life and are forever scarred by the atrocities that piece of shit inflicted on them for way too long, all of this only for the sake of the pleasure of one deranged individual.

I'm rarely pro-death sentences but i've never been so disgusted by another human being. Just get rid of him and hopefully we'll learn from it.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2013-06-12 at 06:14 PM.