10+ Year Old Account

Idea for next expansion. (Not a speculation about next xpack thread)

I got to thinking the other day about the next expansion of WoW and I started to think that it's going to take a while to level an alt. So I figured that what if Blizzard implemented a system that would give you 10% more xp gain for each max level character that you have, capping at 50%. So in theory with enough BoA's to get you to 50% extra already, you could essentially get double xp for everything. Let me know your thoughts. Max cap is still at 300% with RAF, so if you are doing RAF with someone you don't out level them.

I do enjoy the content when leveling but doing over and over is boring unless you swap factions, but then it still gets boring.

Let me know what you guys think.

Leveling is already really fast. There's no point in adding more boosting.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    That it is, but my point is that it gets boring.

I've often thought that such a system would be better than heirlooms. Which frankly I've never liked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by minivan View Post
    That it is, but my point is that it gets boring.
    It trains people to expect progress with very little work, after 90 levels of lightning speed progress they get to max level, and scream "WHERE ARE MY EPICS, I'VE BEEN MAX LEVEL FOR A WHOLE WEEK AND I'M NOT FULL EPICS WTF!" Frankly leveling is way too fast as it is, it sets up false expectations and in general is bad for the community. Either you like leveling alts and you enjoy the level up process, or you don't in which case don't do it. Vanilla was really slow, BC got it just about right, and that is probably the way it should have stayed, since then things have been sped up several hundred percent. The whole fast and easy leveling is one of many reasons why people feel entitled to everything with no work. Sometimes what people want isn't what they need, and what is best for the game in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Make it optional and you can still level at your current pace. Levelling is boring after the first time, since you've already done all quests and explored all zones after that. One also doesn't learn their class during levelling, since you don't have all abilities before that and values shift around every level. To actually learn your class you do duels, hit training dummies and read tooltips.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is quite a nice idea if you move to another realm where you don't have any heirlooms. But adding it to the heirloom boost will make questing unnecessary. Up until level 30 you make about 2-3 level per instance already, getting you to high for your questing area in one run and with this additional boost you won't even get any exp. from the mobs inside an instance since you outleveled it by reaching the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqeen View Post
    This is quite a nice idea if you move to another realm where you don't have any heirlooms. But adding it to the heirloom boost will make questing unnecessary. Up until level 30 you make about 2-3 level per instance already, getting you to high for your questing area in one run and with this additional boost you won't even get any exp. from the mobs inside an instance since you outleveled it by reaching the end.
    Well, you would already be eligible for a new instance, you wont level half as fast a RAF though, only 1/3rd as fast. Fast enough to get by old content that you've seen already but slow enough that you wont burn through it in a few randoms.
    Last edited by Aragnil; 2013-06-14 at 08:09 AM.