Thread: Frost DK PvP

  1. #1

    Frost DK PvP

    In 5.3 for PvP for Frost, what i the stat priority? I've read the best is Haste>Mastery>Crit for 2H. Just want to make sure
    Zalzar
    <Out of Line> Stormreaver-US

  2. #2
    ...nobody?
    Zalzar
    <Out of Line> Stormreaver-US

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberpiggie View Post
    A quick glance would reveal (at the title of the link you posted, even) that that guide is for PvE. The OP, in HIS thread title, asked for PVP advice, not PvE.

    As for the OP's question, I do believe you're correct. It also seems a popular notion nowadays to do away with PvP power gems completely. (though don't quote me on that)
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  5. #5
    haste and mastery are close together but for 2h you have it right

  6. #6
    Given up on dk pvp. It's bad, really bad. Only good as target caller in rbgs, and maybe in arenas. In wpvp, duels and random bgs you get raped by pretty much everything except locks and spriests. Hell, rogues and ferals actually have time to spam /lol while "outplaying" you and BM huntards are untouchable. This as frost. As unholy you may actually kills something before getting "outplayed" if you blow big ghoul and garg.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    if you blow big ghoul and garg.
    pls no...

    OT, yeah thats about the right stats you want,

  8. #8
    High Overlord Boramir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    In a Galaxy far... far...
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Given up on dk pvp. It's bad, really bad. Only good as target caller in rbgs, and maybe in arenas. In wpvp, duels and random bgs you get raped by pretty much everything except locks and spriests. Hell, rogues and ferals actually have time to spam /lol while "outplaying" you and BM huntards are untouchable. This as frost. As unholy you may actually kills something before getting "outplayed" if you blow big ghoul and garg.
    If you are "outplayed" on any class you will lose a duel... I figured that was the name of the game. In world pvp if you are fighting 1v1 then it's a glorified duel; if not, then most classes can't beat more than one opponent by themselves (unless the faction that has more are just really bad) anyways.

    I run arena's and do bg's as 2h frost and I very rarely get beat by a single other class. DK's in general have so many tools to negate a lot of other classes abilities that i'm not sure why people are bitching about how dk's are bad in pvp. I don't always beat UH dk's but I definitely can hold my own against them when we come face to face. With the obliterate burst damage we can put out, you just need to put pressure on the opponent to force them to use cooldowns/trinkets. Once they do, you open up your can of whoop-ass obliterate style.

    I'm not saying you will win all the time, but if you play smart and time your abilities wisely, you will find that we are not in a very bad spot pvp wise atm. Just my 2c though.

    P.S. As far as stats go, my testing has revealed to me that str>haste>pvpp>mastery>crit. That's what has been working for me.

  9. #9
    to the guuy complaining about world pvp...just go blood for world pvp...and make sure you have necro strike on your bars. I was doing the weekly quest and attacked a warrior then his rogue friend tried taking me out. I killed both of them and lol'd. I know this isnt the case for everyone but I thought it was hilarious that 2v1 they couldnt kill me and basically fed me scent of blood charges.

  10. #10
    Warchief Bantokar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Denmark/USA
    Posts
    2,133
    I tried both Haste->mastery->crit and haste->crit->mastery..... The recommended prio is Haste->Crit->Mastery http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pvp/death-.../stat-priority

    I find that prioritizing crit over mastery works best for my playstyle. Increased mastery really only helps you pad the meters with splash damage from HB and a bit more dam on FS. Increased crit works on all abilities and that xtra crit or 2 is really what lands the kill during burst phase.

    My stats completely unbuffed:

    Strength: 14.406
    haste: 6.492
    Crit: 6.041
    Mastery: 1.853
    PvPPower: 15.481

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 08:01 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    to the guuy complaining about world pvp...just go blood for world pvp...and make sure you have necro strike on your bars. I was doing the weekly quest and attacked a warrior then his rogue friend tried taking me out. I killed both of them and lol'd. I know this isnt the case for everyone but I thought it was hilarious that 2v1 they couldnt kill me and basically fed me scent of blood charges.
    Anyone who can kite can easily kill a blood DK
    Last edited by Bantokar; 2013-06-19 at 07:12 AM.
    8 year olds Dude.

  11. #11
    Pandaren Monk matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Anyone who can kite can easily kill a blood DK
    Any Blood DK that can stay on his target is damn near unkillable.

    See what I did there?

  12. #12
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,805
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Any Blood DK that can stay on his target is damn near unkillable.

    See what I did there?
    You're avoiding the fact that Blood DKs are pretty damn easy to kite.

    By like... everyone.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  13. #13
    Warchief Bantokar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Denmark/USA
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You're avoiding the fact that Blood DKs are pretty damn easy to kite.

    By like... everyone.
    Bingo. Blood DK can be kited by most classes and specs. So in PvP it is really only good vs melee with no kite tools and people with no brains..
    8 year olds Dude.

  14. #14
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Bingo. Blood DK can be kited by most classes and specs. So in PvP it is really only good vs melee with no kite tools and people with no brains..
    A silenced and disarmed blood DK is a dead blood DK.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •