Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

[Megathread] Mario Kart 8

Coming out in Spring 2014, going to be in full HD

Full Trailer

Direct About the Game's Features

The whole magnetic hover wheels thing allowing them to twist the tracks up like a Sonic level is very interesting. Of course it looks gorgeous too. I can't wait.

Deleted
    Always been a fan of Mario Kart. Of course im looking forward to this one, too. :P

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait. Loved Mario kart Wii. Really looking forward to the multi-player on this.

TBH I'll even be buying the console just for this game!

Looks good, building up more reasons to end up with a Wii U

Wait, they made 8, E I G H T, different mario kart games inn total now?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Wait, they made 8, E I G H T, different mario kart games inn total now?
    This will be the eleventh, actually. Three of them were arcade-only. They've made one per system, including the GBA, DS and 3DS since the SNES. So on average there's been one home version every 2.6 years.

I'm just curious how the controls are going to be dealt with when driving on walls and on the ceiling.

Is the trailer just for show at this point, but the actual game will flip the camera to be always at a proper angle?

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    This will be the eleventh, actually. Three of them were arcade-only. They've made one per system, including the GBA, DS and 3DS since the SNES. So on average there's been one home version every 2.6 years.
    Jesus, and I tough only FPS games overdid Nintendo inn realising new games with slightly better paint job. How can people still be excicted for Nintendo games? Im just wondering how Nintendo can still make profit from this.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Jesus, and I tough only FPS games overdid Nintendo inn realising new games with slightly better paint job. How can people still be excicted for Nintendo games? Im just wondering how Nintendo can still make profit from this.
    Because they made one per system not one a year for the same system.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewarior View Post
    Because they made one per system not one a year for the same system.
    Exactly, if they made one Call of Duty per system I wouldn't complain. But all those Call of Duty games pretty much came out in THIS generation of gaming, all the mario kart games have come out since the NES, over 30 years.

Obviously it's worth updating games each system because they are fun. I'm not complaining because they are conservative with it, it's pretty much one mario kart per system.

This would be an amazing roster.

Damn Kart and Smash, forcing me to buy that system I forgot about until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Borador View Post
    Got mine last week because of these.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    This would be an amazing roster.
    Why won't they add Paper Mario characters to any games? )):
    8 in 22 (or so) years really isn't even that much compared to those FPS games you are comparing it to. Pretty sure CoD already has more games than Mario Kart and has only been out since 2003.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty_(series)
    Last edited by Digglett; 2014-04-28 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Why won't they add Paper Mario characters to any games? )):
    Probably because they wanna take advantage of that new HD.

I wouldn't mind a Mr. L alt costume for Luigi tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borador View Post
    Gonna buy mine this month. Together with Mario Kart and 3 D World. :3

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I'll be getting a bundle this Black Friday. Also waiting for that Bayonetta 2...

Pretty excited for this, one of the primary reasons I got the Wii U. Mario Kart is always tons of fun, and the new tracks look absolutely insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    Got mine last week because of these.
    Had mine for a few months now, sort of letting it eat dust since I haven't been able to really play much since 3D world and well Wind Waker was just getting meh and had no desire to finish it even though I consider it my favorite Zelda of all time. Thinking about getting Tropical Freeze but to be honest not sure about that since my LoL skills have not been up to par and I need to spam solo queue.

And for any of you saying the Wii U is shit, I'd let my PS4 and Xbox One eat dust, not enough games that really interest me to keep coming back to any console... Same goes for PC outside of LoL.
    Hey everyone