Thread: Xbox One vs PS4

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    should also add, even on pc, games barely tax the ram beyond 4GB anyways..., for GPU GDDR rams, now most cards come with 1 or 2GB which doesnt get taxed at all at 1080P gaming, you only need to consider high ram on GPUs when we are talking much higher resolutions like 1440 or 1600, or triple monitor set ups which is essentially 3x 1080P, so more ram for 1080P gaming beyond 2GB is worthless and meaningless, unless you use modifications used on the PC version of skyrim, but you dont see that for consoles to start with.

also, forgetting the ram debate, the biggest factor in gaming hardware is the GPU more then the CPU, in terms of architecture and clock speeds, these consoles use the same hardware essentially, its which ever really has the better clock speeds going for it at this stage

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    PS4 is chaper, it doesnt have the same number of exclusives but the lack of needing to be check in on once a day, using rented, traded games and 5 dollars a month for online along with free stuff that comes with playstation plus, makes it clear what I'm getting anyway.
    Didn't Sony say there were 140 games in development for the first year and 30 were exclusives?

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Didn't Sony say there were 140 games in development for the first year and 30 were exclusives?
    140 were in development, 100 to be released in the first year and 40 of them are exclusives I believe is what they said.

Honestly, unless you're a die hard Xbox fan (even then...) there is no really reason to pick up the Xbone. They have Halo, coming out at some point, and a few other games, but honestly they really aren't good enough to pick it over the PS4. Especially since several XB exclusives have a tendency to get ported to the PC.

Ps4

I am not comfortable with MS's behaviour lately.

#dealwithit

Always online

Listening to me and spying on me, weird things like that.

Plus the recent "just buy a 360" was kind of another slap in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    140 were in development, 100 to be released in the first year and 40 of them are exclusives I believe is what they said.
    Pretty sure that's right. Though FFXV and KH3 are probably what I wait for, even if they aren't exclusive to PS4 anymore.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Ps4

#dealwithit

Always online

That's another thing. Like seriously? just get a 360. How bout get a fucking grip.
    Last edited by Kaosbringer; 2013-06-12 at 09:33 PM.

Thankya, sir. I couldn't remember the exact numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    fallen angel, GDDR5 only exist on GPUs, something tells me theyve most likely missed that somewhere, theres a reason why PCs are using DDR3 and GDDR ram seperatly, we dont even have DDR4 yet...
    You are completely wrong. PS4 has GDDR5 RAM as System RAM and GPU RAM. Do some research before you tout inaccuracies as facts. Also you have to be kidding me with the GDDR4 comment

Also the PS4 runs at 1.8 teraflops while the Xbone is 1.2 (PS4 is 50% more).

edit: forgot the G
    Last edited by reohh; 2013-06-12 at 09:47 PM.

Deleted
    By pretty much every measure, the PS4 is the gaming console you want.

If you want an overpriced bit of entertainment equipment for watching TV through, get an XBox One.
    If you want a games console, get a PS4.

There's just no competition this time around - Microsoft knows it, and Sony DEFINITELY knows it.

I don't think I've seen Sony so confident at a press conference since the Saturn/PSX announcements (where the Sega rep spoke for 30+ minutes about their console then ended on a price tag, only for the Sony rep to take the stage, undercut the price by $100 and then step back down).

Quote Originally Posted by reohh View Post
    You are completely wrong. PS4 has DDR5 RAM as System RAM and GPU RAM. Do some research before you tout inaccuracies as facts. Also you have to be kidding me with the GDDR4 comment

Also the PS4 runs at 1.8 teraflops while the Xbone is 1.2 (PS4 is 50% more).
    You mean GDDR5 I am assuming as there is no DDR5 yet and it is GDDR5 that the PS4 is using. There isn't even DDR4 available to the public yet.

Okay so some people aren't giving you the correct info.
    1. You can still trade in games and buy used games. With there only being a limit to the amount of people who can own any one disc of 2. So if you buy a used game you can't resell it. Which for myself isn't an issue because I don't buy used games a week or two after release just to save 5 bucks. I buy them a couple months after release and save 30-40 bucks. With that being said if you spend 20-30 on a game if you have it a month or two and try and trade it in you're going to get 5-10 bucks for it anyway so you're not really missing out on much. Also another thing to look at is if you can't resell a used game the value of the game will drop quite a bit from where it is now so in turn they will more then likely be cheaper a lot faster.

2. This online thing makes me laugh I don't own one single game that isn't connected to the internet. Maybe that's just me. My phone tablet pc xbox and ps3 are already always online so I guess I just don't see the big deal. If I lose connection from my internet for some odd reason for a couple hours or even 23hrs guess what I'm still fine it's just a once every 24hr validation I can live with that and so can most others.

These seem to be the two big issues that people have with the Xbox One. Oh and the 100 dollars more which IMO when it comes to buying a video game console shouldn't make a break ya because you're already spending a shit ton of money for something you don't need to begin with. 400 or 500 when it comes down to it isn't that big of a deal IMO. If I did get a PS4 I'd probably want the eye that's going to cost me another 60 bucks and not give me the same abilities that the Kinect does so eh 40 bucks less.

One thing you might want to really consider is if you enjoy playing multi-player games online. As of right now based on what we know from current gen Xbox is by far the better console to do this with. Sony has said they fixed it for this next gen but that is a wait and see thing.

You mean GDDR5 I am assuming as there is no DDR5 yet and it is GDDR5 that the PS4 is using. There isn't even DDR4 available to the public yet.
    Yeah I did mean GDDR5, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by reohh View Post
    Yeah I did mean GDDR5, sorry.
    All good! Just seen to many people who honestly believe its DDR5.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpledrink503 View Post
    1. You can still trade in games and buy used games. With there only being a limit to the amount of people who can own any one disc of

2. So if you buy a used game you can't resell it.
    I still haven't seen anything that clarifies this. They said you can transfer once to someone that's been on your friends list for X amount of time.
    They haven't clarified their used game system.

Link it if ya got it.

Deleted
    1. You can still trade in games and buy used games. With there only being a limit to the amount of people who can own any one disc of 2. So if you buy a used game you can't resell it. Which for myself isn't an issue because I don't buy used games a week or two after release just to save 5 bucks. I buy them a couple months after release and save 30-40 bucks. With that being said if you spend 20-30 on a game if you have it a month or two and try and trade it in you're going to get 5-10 bucks for it anyway so you're not really missing out on much. Also another thing to look at is if you can't resell a used game the value of the game will drop quite a bit from where it is now so in turn they will more then likely be cheaper a lot faster.
    You still can't lend a game to a friend, though. You would HAVE to sell it to them, and then you could never have it back, because your license is no longer valid and they're not allowed to sell it on again.

2. This online thing makes me laugh I don't own one single game that isn't connected to the internet. Maybe that's just me. My phone tablet pc xbox and ps3 are already always online so I guess I just don't see the big deal. If I lose connection from my internet for some odd reason for a couple hours or even 23hrs guess what I'm still fine it's just a once every 24hr validation I can live with that and so can most others.
    Firstly yes, that's just you. Most gamers have fairly wide and varied collections that include a number of games with absolutely no online capabilities. Secondly, not everyone has a reliable internet connection. We like to think that everyone's got access to high-speed, always-on cable in this day and age, but that's pretty far from the truth.

These seem to be the two big issues that people have with the Xbox One. Oh and the 100 dollars more which IMO when it comes to buying a video game console shouldn't make a break ya because you're already spending a shit ton of money for something you don't need to begin with. 400 or 500 when it comes down to it isn't that big of a deal IMO. If I did get a PS4 I'd probably want the eye that's going to cost me another 60 bucks and not give me the same abilities that the Kinect does so eh 40 bucks less.
    There are a number of other issues, but sticking to the price one: Why would you pay $100 (or even $40) more for a system that is less powerful, and less capable? The Kinect sensor is literally the only games-related thing the XO does better than the PS4.

One thing you might want to really consider is if you enjoy playing multi-player games online. As of right now based on what we know from current gen Xbox is by far the better console to do this with. Sony has said they fixed it for this next gen but that is a wait and see thing.
    We cannot make any assumptions about the incoming generation based on the existing one. The consoles alone have proven that.

I really have no clue what you are saying about the used game thing... They have already said they will charge a fee for every used game, meaning that if you buy a game from gamestop used, you also have to pay to activate said game. They are tied to your Xbox live account, hence the 24 hour check. In order to trade in a game, it must be removed from the live account, which is apparently the job of the store you are selling it to. Then the next person must pay a fee in order to link the game to their account after they buy it used.

As for always online, not all of us are kids in the suburb with unlimited internet and don't ever travel away from home. What happens when you have 23 hours on a game since the last online check and then your net goes out. You have a useless piece of plastic with power then. What happens if you want to take it with you to a cottage or somewhere you don't have net access? Again, you have a paperweight with power.

You don't seem to understand that most people couldn't care less about the Kinect so why make it mandatory and charge more for the console? I sure as hell have no use for it. Just because the minority like and want it doesn't mean the majority should be forced to pay for it.

Also what exactly makes Xbox live better than PSN for online gaming? Both play games online just the same, both have in game chat. So what exactly makes it so much more superior? Cross game chat? Thats really all they had that was anything different from PSN and now the PS4 also has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I still haven't seen anything that clarifies this. They said you can transfer once to someone that's been on your friends list for X amount of time.
    They haven't clarified their used game system.

Link it if ya got it.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...-always-online

Microsoft also spelled out its policies on game lending, trade-ins and rentals. "In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends."

“We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.”

Now what I read from this is. Microsoft's default is to do the 1 time to someone else or trade in per game BUT third party publishers can enable more if they want with a small fee of course.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 03:02 PM ----------

I really have no clue what you are saying about the used game thing... They have already said they will charge a fee for every used game, meaning that if you buy a game from gamestop used, you also have to pay to activate said game. They are tied to your Xbox live account, hence the 24 hour check. In order to trade in a game, it must be removed from the live account, which is apparently the job of the store you are selling it to. Then the next person must pay a fee in order to link the game to their account after they buy it used.

As for always online, not all of us are kids in the suburb with unlimited internet and don't ever travel away from home. What happens when you have 23 hours on a game since the last online check and then your net goes out. You have a useless piece of plastic with power then. What happens if you want to take it with you to a cottage or somewhere you don't have net access? Again, you have a paperweight with power.

You don't seem to understand that most people couldn't care less about the Kinect so why make it mandatory and charge more for the console? I sure as hell have no use for it. Just because the minority like and want it doesn't mean the majority should be forced to pay for it.

Also what exactly makes Xbox live better than PSN for online gaming? Both play games online just the same, both have in game chat. So what exactly makes it so much more superior? Cross game chat? Thats really all they had that was anything different from PSN and now the PS4 also has it.
    They NEVER said there will be a fee attached for sure they said third party publishers CAN charge a fee if they want IE online pass. Why does the fact I have good internet connection make me a kid living in a suburb. I'm 32 living in a major city. Also when I travel one thing I don't do is bring my game system I guess that's just me. Cross game chat was the only thing that was better?! Stability for one was a major issue for me when it came to the ps3 which I still own but only play 1 game on The Show offline.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...-always-online

Microsoft also spelled out its policies on game lending, trade-ins and rentals. "In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends."

“We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.”

Now what I read from this is. Microsoft's default is to do the 1 time to someone else or trade in per game BUT third party publishers can enable more if they want with a small fee of course.
    LMAO, I just read over that and wow is all I can say. Anyone else see where MS is actually giving us their permission to let other people play OUR Xbones and games? "Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you."

I'd have to say this seems extremely biased.

If you buy any used games for the Xbox you have to pay extra to play them, that isn't the case with the PS4. You can't lend any games to your friends on the Xbox, that isn't the case on the PS4. I fail to see how anyone could possibly argue that Microsoft isn't making a *massive* mistake with this one, Sony did it right, hands down. Saying otherwise just makes you look like a fanboy, or like you don't know what you're talking about.

The online thing is less of a problem with the functionality, and more of a problem with how they handled it. Everything Microsoft said about it was a joke, from telling people to move out of areas with bad internet to having someone insult people on twitter. Not to mention a lot of people take trips places and bring a console along, sometimes I do if I'm riding in the car it's fun to play a console if the road trip is long. And if you go to a cabin somewhere you aren't going to have internet access most likely, requiring it just serves zero purpose. Again, it's quite obvious Microsoft dropped the ball on this one, they're just putting more requirements in that simply aren't necessary and do nothing but hurt their system.

I do agree the price point isn't a big deal, but to some people it is. If it's Christmas time and parents are buying a console an extra $100 could mean a lot to them, especially after you consider you're buying at least a game or two as well, plus the PS4 comes with a free game (forget which) because PS Plus members get free games all the time and they already announced a PS Plus game being free on release day, and since you'll be buying PS Plus to play online most everybody will have it.

Trying to compare the online capabilities of two generations is foolish as well. Sony wasn't making money in the last gen with their online, while Microsoft was, it only makes sense that Microsoft could provide a bit better service since they were profiting off it while Sony wasn't. This generation that isn't the case, I'd bet money that the multiplayer aspect of the consoles is nearly identical. Though even in the current generation Sony isn't that far behind, their interface is worse and their friends list/invites/etc. are worse, but those things don't matter much, as long as the games don't lag it makes no difference if it's an extra step or two to invite friends to my party.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was expecting things to get ugly fast in this thread ... surprisingly (or maybe not so surprisingly) it has been overwhelmingly in favour of the PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Ps4

#dealwithit

Always online

Then there is the "'If you’re backwards compatible, you’re really backwards." remark.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/22/43...y-is-backwards

The level of arrogance is astounding.