Thread: Megaera 10M HC

  1. #1

    Megaera 10M HC

    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pes&boss=68065
    Setup:
    • Prot Paladin
    • BM Monk
    • Holy Paladin
    • Disc Priest
    • MW Monk
    • Warlock
    • Hunter
    • Mage
    • 2x DK
    Problem:
    5th rampage, we're getting destroyed hard. We tried rotating CD's all night to see which was best but it didn't seem to make any difference.

    Information:
    We killed it last week with a resto druid instead of our holy paladin and it seemed to go very very well.

    We stack in-between blue & red on rampages 1, 3, 4, 6.
    We stack near purple on rampages 2 and 5.

    We use the following rotation on rampages:
    1. Paladin Aura
    2. Paladin Aura + Barrier
    3. Revival + H Paladin CD's
    4. Paladin Aura + Bloodlust + Personal CD's + HS
    5. Paladin Aura + Barrier
    6. Revival + Anything we have left

    Got any tips for the 5th rampage? Please help ^.^

  2. #2
    you have 3 raid CDs that you dont have listed, AV from the monk tank, and an AMZ from each of the DKs. try fitting those in and see if that helps with the later rampages.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

  3. #3
    High Overlord Dirtdogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA, YoLo Town
    Posts
    162
    AMZ wont help... at all sooo yeah and your Avert harm can kill some brewmasters if they have big fire dot and healers are not topping them or they are not self healing right so thats like 2 useless CDs and then maybe a 20% one that makes healers try harder on monk tank

  4. #4
    Field Marshal Jarim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    90
    A very good idea is to have your brewmaster grap Chi Torpedo, it really helps the healing during rampages by a lot, as you can see from our logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ok...?s=4111&e=4498.. Question is why are you having trouble on 5th rampage? We usually BL on the 2nd fire head, so the 5th rampage we don't have 1min CDs ready (spirit shell, double hammer -- same as you). Is it the same for you?
    Last edited by Jarim; 2013-06-13 at 09:06 AM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtdogs View Post
    AMZ wont help... at all sooo yeah and your Avert harm can kill some brewmasters if they have big fire dot and healers are not topping them or they are not self healing right so thats like 2 useless CDs and then maybe a 20% one that makes healers try harder on monk tank
    AMZ helps even if its for a split second

    Unholy dks get like 215k from there AMZ and well other dks..just get the shit end

  6. #6
    Looking at your logs your priest should up his heals a bit.
    Should definitely be using divine star and not cascade for rampages, since it'll do about 700k-1mill heals per cast rather than cascade which does dick all when stacked up. And he's forgetting to spirit shell after the first couple of heads, so thats missing. Can't exactly make out his Spirit shell timing but he should be starting to build it up as a head reaches ~10% hp, not once you're stacked.
    Can't comment on the other heals, don't know them as well.
    Make sure you're staggering raid cds on the ones where you have more than one assigned, since Rampage lasts about 20seconds and you want coverage for all but the first couple of ticks.

  7. #7
    Pit Lord Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Straya Karnt
    Posts
    2,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtdogs View Post
    AMZ wont help... at all sooo yeah and your Avert harm can kill some brewmasters if they have big fire dot and healers are not topping them or they are not self healing right so thats like 2 useless CDs and then maybe a 20% one that makes healers try harder on monk tank
    Then either use avert harm on the rampages following him being used on a blue head? Or get him to use Zen med?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post

    We use the following rotation on rampages:
    1. Paladin Aura
    2. Paladin Aura + Barrier
    3. Revival + H Paladin CD's
    4. Paladin Aura + Bloodlust + Personal CD's + HS
    5. Paladin Aura + Barrier
    6. Revival + Anything we have left

    Got any tips for the 5th rampage? Please help ^.^
    Try

    1. Paladin Aura + hpally holy avenger
    2. Paladin Aura + barrier + hpally wings + divine favor
    3. Revival + hpally holy avenger
    4. Paladin Aura + Personal CD's + HS
    5. Paladin Aura + Barrier + hpally holy avenger and wings + divine favor + blood lust
    6. Revival + anything you have left

    Just make sure your holy paladin uses his own throughput cds like this. That way, they all line up for the 5th rampage.

    Use blood lust on 5th if you're having problems with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtdogs View Post
    AMZ wont help... at all sooo yeah and your Avert harm can kill some brewmasters if they have big fire dot and healers are not topping them or they are not self healing right so thats like 2 useless CDs and then maybe a 20% one that makes healers try harder on monk tank
    Monk can use avert harm just fine, if the prot pally pops hand of sacrifice on him.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarim View Post
    A very good idea is to have your brewmaster grap Chi Torpedo, it really helps the healing during rampages by a lot, as you can see from our logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ok...?s=4111&e=4498.. Question is why are you having trouble on 5th rampage? We usually BL on the 2nd fire head, so the 5th rampage we don't have 1min CDs ready (spirit shell, double hammer -- same as you). Is it the same for you?
    Yeah we BL on 4th rampage to burst the 2nd red head down

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrstlol View Post
    Looking at your logs your priest should up his heals a bit.
    Should definitely be using divine star and not cascade for rampages, since it'll do about 700k-1mill heals per cast rather than cascade which does dick all when stacked up. And he's forgetting to spirit shell after the first couple of heads, so thats missing. Can't exactly make out his Spirit shell timing but he should be starting to build it up as a head reaches ~10% hp, not once you're stacked.
    Can't comment on the other heals, don't know them as well.
    Make sure you're staggering raid cds on the ones where you have more than one assigned, since Rampage lasts about 20seconds and you want coverage for all but the first couple of ticks.
    Okay thanks, will pass on your comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Try

    1. Paladin Aura + hpally holy avenger
    2. Paladin Aura + barrier + hpally wings + divine favor
    3. Revival + hpally holy avenger
    4. Paladin Aura + Personal CD's + HS
    5. Paladin Aura + Barrier + hpally holy avenger and wings + divine favor + blood lust
    6. Revival + anything you have left

    Just make sure your holy paladin uses his own throughput cds like this. That way, they all line up for the 5th rampage.

    Use blood lust on 5th if you're having problems with it.



    Monk can use avert harm just fine, if the prot pally pops hand of sacrifice on him.
    The thing is we use BL on 4th to burst down the 2nd red head to keep stacks to a minimum, I'll pass on the CD rotation and we'll see how it goes tonight if we choose to attempt it further.

    __

    Many thanks for all your comments and suggestions

  10. #10
    Where exactly in this cd rotation is your spirit shell? Also we had quite some wipes on this yday, cuz we were killing 2nd fire head for 30 seconds and raid cds werent up, causing great disturbance in the force . You probably have no issues with your barrier but looking at your logs, the time between rampage 4 and 5 is ~45 seconds and i can say that both your paladins have their hammers on cd. This is a lot of healing you miss and probably dying due to it.
    On the other hand the use of your holy paladin is really bad,hence why you had better success with your druid. Holy avenger have 2 min cd, and i see it listed once on 6 rampages. On any rampage your holy paladin doesnt have HA hes very weak on raid healing. Have him use all he has (dont use wings on 3rd) on 5th.
    And last rampage is covered only with 1 revival when you would need 3 raid cds for it to survive. You will not live trough half of that rampage if u dont have ur barier there.

  11. #11
    Field Marshal Jarim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    Yeah we BL on 4th rampage to burst the 2nd red head down
    In that case you should consider putting some of your stronger raw healing CDs on the 1st and 4th. You should try to have both your paladins not use their hammers, and you disc not use his spiritshell on the 4th, as it won't be ready for the 5th then. It it very raidcomp dependant, but have healer(s) use a 2min CD on the 5th aswell as having healthstones ready and you should be golden.

  12. #12
    you actually can be TOO fast on the heads. we have to slow our dps down at some point. you need to NOT get a 2nd add spawns or a 3rd breath, but you want to delay killing heads as long as possible while making sure that stuff doesn't happen. Cooldowns otherwise don't come up again.

    @tishko the holy paladin does not use holy avenger at all. he's specced into divine purpose. If you have problems with rampage healing, he should definitely spec avenger, although I use DP for that fight as well, but healing rampages is usually not our problem. Our disc priest does massively more healing then the guy in this log though. As said above, Divine Star makes up for 12% of his healing alone:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6595&e=6974

    But again, if you look at for example this wipe you had:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13045&e=13354

    The time between 4th and 5th rampage (the one you got problems with) is just not long enough and the reason for that is certainly the bloodlust and mindlessly killing the head as fast as possible.
    I am sure your assigned cooldowns weren't up. Neither were the paladin's lights hammers, which matter quite a bit. We moved bloodlust to 6th rampage for that reason. We just don't want the extra dps anyway. Again, you can't get a 3rd breath or additional add spawns, BUT you can't kill it after 1 breath either. At least not if you got issues with healing up rampages as it completely screws up your cooldowns.

  13. #13
    What you might want to do instead is to use 3 minute DPS cooldowns for the 4th head and lust for the 5th head.

    First rampage should be covered with the Monk's Avert Harm and DK's AMZ.

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire Bloodfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hell Land, You Don't Want to Know
    Posts
    458
    Hi.
    Same problem here,
    Logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mz2m76v06kppatst/
    Setup:
    Tanks: BDK, Prot War
    Healers: Holy Pal, Disc and Resto Druid.
    DPS: 2 Hunters (BM & SV), Frost DK, SPriest, Demolock.

    Our problem is transition between 4th to 5th head. Either the area is filled with ice or adds end up stunning our healers/tanks.
    Any advices would be nice.

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Then either use avert harm on the rampages following him being used on a blue head? Or get him to use Zen med?
    I use Zen Med on breaths where Guard or Diffuse isn't up, wouldn't be thrilled burning it during a Rampage. On 10m you might be able to get away with no CD and pool energy to spam Expel Harm when low (it loses it's CD at < 35% life).

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  16. #16
    Your priest is playing very, very poorly. He is doing 30-50k less ehps than he could be with his gear. He is way too reliant on atonement, ineffectively using SS, not using Divine Star, using unerring vision because he's not aware it's a failed experiment (on your longest attempt, it had 12s of up time), is gemming intellect which is easily demonstrable as an HPS loss over crit or haste for a divine star/PoH/PoM/SS playstyle (the kind he will do for rampage, the only hard part of the fight), and only gained 113k mana from rapture.

    Sure, the suggestions for the paladin are fair, and I'm sure you have other areas to improve, but if your priest made even half of the changes he should, you'd find ramapages a lot more controllable. I will say that I discourage my raiders from stopping DPS and just adjust CD rotations. Concerns about CD's being back up are alleviated by just never using them. Why CD rampage 2? Why not use very weak CD's on rampage three when you have an arcane head debuff'd tank healing the raid, and then plan for only three challenging rampages in the fight, one of which you'll have heroism for? I guess the answer to that is probably that you die to those early ones if you don't, but the above will take care of that.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tishko View Post
    Where exactly in this cd rotation is your spirit shell?
    Spirit Shell can be used on every rampage typically unless your DPS overgear the encounter and kill heads < 1min.
    Meddle of <Surprise Cuttlefish> Kilrogg-US

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •