Deleted

An old tier guild?

Hello fellow World of Warcraft-players and readers. This post is mainly focused on if there's any interest for a guild of this sort, to ease the people I'll start of with our goal:

"We plan on clear every tier with the expected level cap and gear"

Example:
    We'll begin with to lock our experience at level 60 and start with T1 (MC) - Once everyone achieved "Defeat Ragnaros" we'll continue with T2 (BWL) Once "Defeat Nefarian" is achieved we'll move towards AQ with the same method and plans as the previously raids. Since Naxxramas is gone for good, we'll conside ourself done with Vanilla once AQ is cleared.

To find the big post: Go to this link and follow the instructions.

Thanks - Mobie
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-06-14 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Removed the excess boldness.

The problem with this idea is that over time, old tiers of content have become easier and easier. Low level characters are doing around four or more times the DPS/HPS that they were when it was current content, which reduces any challenge that was once there. You'll probably find you one shot every boss without having to gear up and interest will die off fast. Good luck anyway though!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiasmus View Post
    The problem with this idea is that over time, old tiers of content have become easier and easier. Low level characters are doing around four or more times the DPS/HPS that they were when it was current content, which reduces any challenge that was once there. You'll probably find you one shot every boss without having to gear up and interest will die off fast. Good luck anyway though!
    Alternatively you could do the raids with fewer people. I suspect most raids would, with the soloing buffs, be pretty well suited for 10 players and still give an appropriate challenge.

Deleted
    Is still believe it would be a awsome and cool experience to go all these old content and always aim higher for the next tier

Im in a lvl 60 guild who run all 3 raids as alliance every week (eu). If you find interest in continueing your 60 char after your project poke me somehow

I would love to do this, But have no characters close to that level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    Im in a lvl 60 guild who run all 3 raids as alliance every week (eu). If you find interest in continueing your 60 char after your project poke me somehow
    Wow you run MC/BWL/AQ every week and don't get bored? For how long? How many people per raid? Is it still a bit challenging?
    I'm geniously interested in knowing why people would still do that, especially with these raids being so basically simple, mechanics wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Wow you run MC/BWL/AQ every week and don't get bored? For how long? How many people per raid? Is it still a bit challenging?
    I'm geniously interested in knowing why people would still do that, especially with these raids being so basically simple, mechanics wise.
    I'm in a guild that raids old content at level/at gear. Some people just want to experience content that they may have missed and others just do it because it's a nice change of PvE scenery. For me, it's like putting in that old PS1 game and giving it another go just to experience it again, but everyone has their own reasons.

My guild moved from 60 -> 70 -> 80 content fairly quickly so it wasn't like Classic where you ran MC and BWL for months on end. The stat inflation is DEFINITELY noticeable but I feel like at 80 it becomes a little more toned down - especially in 25 man (10 man is still considerably easier).