Council Heroic 10man

Hey all, recently my guild decided to try Council, they already had members who have had 160 wipes on it (but the guild they was in before was garbage)

We spent 19-20 wipes tonight and managed to get sul down multiple times, but after that it was bad. We was 1 tank 3 healing and everytime Sul was dead and The rolling guy was empowered, i was dying (tank) due to the rolling guys aoe (small dmg) Frost king + Priest hits.

I was thinking we should use cds on this to help survive like demo banner, rally cry etc as the 2nd time the rolling guy is empowered, Frost king SHOULD be dead.

We was also trying 1 tank 2 heal for last 5 wipes, the healers seem to have a hard time keeping us all up.

Also a main issue Frostbite

We was using a rogue to immune the first frostbite
    And for the 2nd we was planning on solo soak (best strat apprently?), use personals + healthstone first few seconds, then Externals and last 8 seconds stack on melee. This worked a bit, but everytime our healer priest got it, he was moaning at how it was impossible (he was moaning a lot via raid, normally does everytime healing gets tough) I.m.o he just needs to step it up but i'll see what mmo has to say ;d

Should anyone in this comp have an issue solo soaking?
    Prot pally - me
    prot war (was dps today)

Disc priest
    Holy pally
    Resto shammy (was resto for majority of attempts)

Frost mage
    Frost/unholy dk
    Destro lock (?)
    Survival hunter
    Combat Rogue.

Because of the priest, being one moany... We ended up pushing more dps on frost king, to only get 1 frostbite, which WILL be immuned due to Smoke bomb, but this feels clunky... I don't want to cheese it completly for the healers because they do not want to try, i mean if it is common for priests to have so many issues then sure, but this is giving me doubts in future for harder healing challenges.

I was also rolling Battle healer, asking for pally to focus me on stuns from frost king.

Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/yvmhi...=10915&e=11020
    He started calling for people to stack (priest had frostbite) and they all died, then he died, but have a look through logs and see if theres anything that could of been done.

10+ Year Old Account
    We purposely go 2 frostbites to get more dps on Sul during the BL at the start. We switch over to King when he's about 50%.
    We 3 heal it. Pally, shaman, priest.
    We also solo soak the 2nd frostbite. 1st becomes smoke bombed. Now there are several classes that can immune the frostbite, I'd look up the list. Mages can. I believe Palidans can with bubble(?) ours does. Priest does not have a cheese mechanic. They key is they MUST put up their ability after the blue arrow goes out, and before the frostbite hits, otherwise it will not work.

Our ranged stays on empowered boss. Rogue and Pally tank interupt Sul. This is a priority. Those bolts hurt more than normal mode.

After you get that mechanic down. Work on the soul shard sharing. Suggest healers take the shard during Kazz empowerment, it'll be easier on them as dps won't get double shocked by both mechanics.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

From a mage perspective: I've found cold snap works well to ice-block both frostbites (as Kiry says, let two go out and break Frost King when he is about to Dark Power, not earlier). If he watches the timer, he can put iceblock up a second or two before the frostbite comes down, because it's pretty tight to react to once the arrow is above your head. Also, combustion and cleave in general is ridiculously strong on this fight - I would STRONGLY recommend fire.

Deleted
    "Because of the priest, being one moany" It is sad that he was right, but no1 heard his words. 1 tank 2 healers on a progres council. I do not know whos raid leading but he must be bad at math to agree this to go on.
    Because i see you are not tanking priestess any person that have frostbite and gets a wrath of loa will die. Tanking her will probably kill you since you are paladin and you take a lot of magic dmg, tho its not hard to be done. Eeasist solution ofc is to get your warrior to tank, he will be gettin hit by priestess all the time so he will still do steady 100k dps, which is not bad. 2 tanks 3 healers
    2nd thing that you should do is, since you have 2 paladins, have them spec clemensy and do hand of protection on 2 ppl each before frostbite is cast. For some reason if you have HoP and boss decides to do frostbite on you it just doesnt go off. If this is not working you should handle frostbite exactly the opposite way of what you do now. Have ranged stack before the cast, so whoever gets it, will not get bursted down fast and it will give your healers time to react. You have 4 sacs which will cover the 22 seconds of solo soaking left for both frostbites. Combined with some personals you should be good to survive.
    And the last thing is, since your melee do not have anything special to do, have them try to improve interupting on sul,4 ppl stacked there, and dying from no interupts.

sorry for hijacking the topic but i dont feel this forum needs more topics on the same boss

my guild ah been working ont this boss at 50 wipes now, we run 2 tank 3 heal 5 dps

blood dk
    prot pala
    disc
    holy pala
    holy pala
    ele shaman
    forst mage
    hunter pewpew spec
    assass rogue
    fury warrior

we lust at pull and nuke sul, he is at 30% when garajal jumps the first time, and usaly dead at 2nd jump

we bop/iceblock the first frostbite and smokebomb number 2

but then we wipe on 3rd jump every time healers saying thay are oom - we do use our deffensive cds and i feel we do out gear the fight

i judt dont understand why we wipe when we kill sul and dont even get frost bites ;/ - sould we try 1 tank 4 healers with 2 disc?

Deleted
    I am not really sure i understand what wipes you, and since no log, please update your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    After you get that mechanic down. Work on the soul shard sharing. Suggest healers take the shard during Kazz empowerment, it'll be easier on them as dps won't get double shocked by both mechanics.
    Doesn't he reflect the damage raid wide in heroic instead of to the person doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tishko View Post
    "Because of the priest, being one moany" It is sad that he was right, but no1 heard his words. 1 tank 2 healers on a progres council. I do not know whos raid leading but he must be bad at math to agree this to go on.
    Because i see you are not tanking priestess any person that have frostbite and gets a wrath of loa will die. Tanking her will probably kill you since you are paladin and you take a lot of magic dmg, tho its not hard to be done. Eeasist solution ofc is to get your warrior to tank, he will be gettin hit by priestess all the time so he will still do steady 100k dps, which is not bad. 2 tanks 3 healers
    2nd thing that you should do is, since you have 2 paladins, have them spec clemensy and do hand of protection on 2 ppl each before frostbite is cast. For some reason if you have HoP and boss decides to do frostbite on you it just doesnt go off. If this is not working you should handle frostbite exactly the opposite way of what you do now. Have ranged stack before the cast, so whoever gets it, will not get bursted down fast and it will give your healers time to react. You have 4 sacs which will cover the 22 seconds of solo soaking left for both frostbites. Combined with some personals you should be good to survive.
    And the last thing is, since your melee do not have anything special to do, have them try to improve interupting on sul,4 ppl stacked there, and dying from no interupts.
    Not trying to sound like an ass, but are you serious? like 75% of the attempts were 1 tank 3 heal, dk takes priest till sul dies, then i take priest, magic dmg deals same amount to dps as it does to tank right? lol. Also we had interrupts for Sul, the main issue is everyone was learning how to solo soak, but the priest just couldnt do it, I want someone who plays a disc/holy priest to share some insight on how they solo soak, or if i was wrong and priests are just crap to solo soak.

Every class is bad to solo soak. It's 300k every second for 30 seconds. That's the biggest part of the fight on 10. Practice until you get it or get lucky. Our disc is the best player I've ever played with and it still was no easy task to soak.

Solo tanking just sounds a tad painful but if you're hell bent on doing it best of luck to you there O.O. As far as solo soaking a frostbite, it would be a lot better if you could do that for the first one and smoke bomb the second one (assuming that's what you're doing with the rogue). The reason for that is that if you're short on CDs you can use raid CDs like barrier there and they'll be up again for Kazra'jin's empowerment and having a frostbite in mar'li's empowerment when other stuff is going on can just be messy.

When we originally killed it we had 2 healers on the frostbite target and one on the tanks. One of the CD rotations we used was Pain Supression--->Barrier--->2 Hand of Sacrifices (Hpally specced clemency to get the 2 in a row). We also planned to get 2 frostbites with the assumption that nobody would be able to immunity one. Better to plan for the worst! But yeah, you could try that and maybe shift barrier to drop it on the melee for the last 8 seconds of the debuff. The most important part of handling frostbites is just to have all the CDs you're using completely planned out.

For Kazra'jin definitely use raid CDs during discharge and make sure people don't ridiculously tunnel DPS CDs and pots into him. Especially the second time he empowers when everyone has high stacks of the debuff there's gonna be a lot of raid damage and you just don't need all that DPS to push him out of empowered.

I'm not sure how you're handling the Twisted Fate on Mar'li, but roots are great. A priest's void tendrils don't break on damage so having your priest run all the way out and void tendril the ranged add helps a lot with the raid damage. Your hunter can trap/DK grip the melee add, just make sure they both die around the same time to minimize raid damage.

Before I finish though really 1 tank 2 heal just sounds like something else is wrong if you need the DPS. Nothing in this fight should be pushing you to do that. Even 2 tank 2 heal will be a lot better but 2 tank 3 healer is the safest bet for progression.