Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Simcraft - Can't test with 516 piece.

Simulation craft won't let me import my profile with a 516 heroic scenario piece I just picked up. It says:

" Unable to generate profile from: (profile on WoW.com/can't post links yet)

Item "inactive" at slot main_hand not found in local item db - unable to process item upgrade.
    Item "inactive" at slot main_hand not found in local item db - unable to process item upgrade.
    Warning: Unknown random suffix identifier 359 at slot feet for item jinyu_seers_sandals.
    Player Pyrojack with 'reforge=' 'hit_crit' at slot feet does not have source stat on item.
    Unable to initialize item 'jinyu_seers_sandals' on player 'Pyrojack'
    Simulation has been canceled during player setup! (thread=0)"

I'm not sure what the stuff about the main hand is as it works fine without the 516 boots. Any ideas? Trying to test whether the 516 hit mastery boots are better than my 502 Sandals of Arcane Fury (for a fire mage).

How about sharing your armory identification ( mainly server name - I assume you play on us with the character name Pyrojack ) ? And of course you could open a ticket directly at http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/issues/list , that usually leads to a much higher chance of getting technical SimC problems fixed.

Sounds like the Simcraft database doesn't have all the new heroic scenario pieces - unless you're using an out-of-date version.

You could work around it by unequipping the boots and manually modifying the profile to incorporate its stats. But really the easier solution is to use AskMrRobot, since the optimizer will automatically reallocate your hit to stay near hit cap. With Simcraft you would have to manually reallocate hit so it isn't wasted.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow, thanks for the replies. I forgot to update simcraft, doh.