Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I don't think Ralgarog is male.
    Hmm their writing style reads as male to me.

Now you've got me wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post

Clearly, sexist.
    If you need to argue with people because they are male sounding..
    The arguments matter, not the sex of the person.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    I kindly request that you remove my quote from your batch of quotes.
    No. I've explained why it's up there and you haven't said anything to convince me it shouldn't be. Even with all the personal insults aside.

Because you know, only females ever get raped, right?
    Please show me where I said that?

Oh wait you can't. Nice strawman.

Nice victim blaming there.

'If you're going to do X people are entitled to sexually harass you'.

And people can't understand why she's linking the mentality many are displaying to this to rape culture ('if you're going to do X [short skirt, drink, go out on your own etc] people are entitled to rape you' - I'm sure we've all heard that before). Sure it's not as severe, but the logic behind it is pretty much exactly the same.

Why aren't people holding the individuals doing the harassing accountable for their shitty behaviour instead? Why isn't the message that it isn't acceptable and ok ever? Why is consent in relation to sex so difficult a concept for some people?
    I agree, but let me point something out here.

There comes a time, when the well runs dry, a man just says "Fuck it." "I'll do it anyways."

When I was watching "30 Days with Morgan Spurlock" they had a Gay Switch-a-roo, and a gay man grabbed a straight mans ass. Then said, after being confronted, "WTF man, why are you in a Gay Bar, if you're straight?"

Both people have a point. Sure, just because I'm in a gay bar, even though I'm straight, doesn't mean I deserve to get my ass grabbed(Comparable to the woman getting the photo). Then at the same time, it's like "This is the day and age we live in."(The guy sending the photo)

Because let's be honest now, dating, marriage, coupling, living together, bang buddies, and all that jazz. All boils down to compatibilities. Sex, at least in my eyes, is a major issue. So he is being up front and eye-gougingly honest. Which as a man, I can respect. Yet, I totally face palm his actions.

Anyways, all that aside. His behavior has NOTHING to do with his mother. He is a full grown man. He makes his own choices. To mix his mother into the issue is bad form. It's like if I get into an argument with some random stranger, that happens to know my mom, and tells my mom? My mother would beat the shit out of you. Then laugh and have a beer with me. Over how fucking petty and childish a person would have to be, to go to someones mother, over a fucking naked picture.

Fucking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Clearly, sexist.
    If you need to argue with people because they are male sounding..
    The arguments matter, not the sex of the person.
    /sigh

I'm not arguing because they're male sounding.

I made a comment in which I referred to them as a man. Which is why Cybran replied saying they weren't, and why I then replied to explain why I had described them as male.

Really, is actually reading the thread that difficult?

He obviously did something wrong, but if she forwarded it to his mother, doesn't that mean she can get sued or something?

15+ Year Old Account
    Because you know, only females ever get raped, right?
    Males are victims too. Not as often.

The perpetrators of rape and other sexual assaults are overwhelmingly male.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

/sigh

I'm not arguing because they're male sounding.

I made a comment in which I referred to them as a man. Which is why Cybran replied saying they weren't, and why I then replied to explain why I had described them as male.

Really, is actually reading the thread that difficult?
    I'm reading you care about the sex of the person typing to you, or else you wouldn't have to "wonder" about it, because you in all your rightious indignation are concerned if a poster is male or not, which is kind of sexist to me.
    Why do you care? Because you aren't, 'the woman alone against all teh sexist males on mmoc"
    the joke is EVERYONE here agrees they are both total assholes and neither is rite. But..... lol
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2013-06-14 at 08:46 AM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Anyways, all that aside. His behavior has NOTHING to do with his mother. He is a full grown man. He makes his own choices. To mix his mother into the issue is bad form. It's like if I get into an argument with some random stranger, that happens to know my mom, and tells my mom? My mother would beat the shit out of you. Then laugh and have a beer with me. Over how fucking petty and childish a person would have to be, to go to someones mother, over a fucking naked picture.

Fucking ridiculous.
    They way I took it was that in throwing the tantrum when she said no and told him his behaviour was inappropriate he acted childishly, and the appropriate way to manage a difficult child is to contact their parent.

Looking at the conversation the guy continued to be belligerent towards her until she bought up his mother. In those circumstances I do not blame her at all for contacting her. Had he shown any respect for anything else she'd said maybe she wouldn't have done so, but he made it pretty clear that that was the one ting that might actually work and get the message across.

I'm reading you care about the sex of the person typing to you, or else you wouldn't have to "wonder" about it,
    I didn't 'wonder' about it. I just called them male in a comment - an assumption I made based on their writing style.

because you in all your rightious indignation are concerned if a poster is male or not, which is kind of sexist to me.
    Why do you care?
    Context is important and there are times the gender of a poster can be relevant to discussion.

Because you aren't, 'the woman alone against all teh sexist males on mmoc"
    Again please show me where I said that?

Oh it's another strawman, I see.

There are plenty of males on mmo champ I have respect for the opinions of, but there are also plenty of sexist assholes.

the joke is EVERYONE here agrees they are both total assholes and neither is rite. But..... lol
    Except how they don't. There's plenty of people commenting who believe he did nothing wrong and the fault is hers.

Your comments are reading like you've run out of things to say and are instead trying to nitpick without context in order to create a fight.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2013-06-14 at 08:53 AM.

They way I took it was that in throwing the tantrum when she said no and told him his behaviour was inappropriate he acted childishly, and the appropriate way to manage a difficult child is to contact their parent.

Looking at the conversation the guy continued to be belligerent towards her until she bought up his mother. In those circumstances I do not blame her at all for contacting her. Had he shown any respect for anything else she'd said maybe she wouldn't have done so, but he made it pretty clear that that was the one ting that might actually work and get the message across.
    He had mostly, 2-3 word BRIEF sentences. Mainly, calling her a prude.

REGARDLESS, bringing someones mother into the issue is bad form. You want feminism. Yet, this WOMAN, brought another person into her conflict. That wasn't present and has no accountability. Doesn't make sense.

Both people are childish and seem perfect for each other.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is correct. Whenever there is a system where there is an inequality one will always be oppressed. This is why i am a strong proponent of gender equality. But don't tell windfury this. Because i was male it was my fault that i was sexually assaulted by a woman. 8 year old me was getting the justice i deserved for the sin of being born a male.
    So why are we blaming women for being harassed because you were molested by one?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is correct. Whenever there is a system where there is an inequality one will always be oppressed. This is why i am a strong proponent of gender equality. But don't tell windfury this. Because i am a male it was my fault that i was sexually assaulted by a woman. 8 year old me was getting the justice i deserved for the sin of being born a male.

Obviously i am lying about this because you know, men lie, right? That's what we do, right?
    Why did you wear those swimming trunks? You totally led her on.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 09:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    So why are we blaming women for being harassed because you were molested by one?
    He isn't. Windfury has spent the last couple of pages relentlessly labeling people as male rape apologists by citing cherry picked quotes. He's obviously directed at her and not the woman in the article.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2013-06-14 at 09:01 AM.

I didn't 'wonder' about it. I just called them male in a comment - an assumption I made based on their writing style.

Context is important and there are times the gender of a poster can be relevant to discussion.

Again please show me where I said that?

Oh it's another strawman, I see.

There are plenty of males on mmo champ I have respect for the opinions of, but there are also plenty of sexist assholes.

Your comments are reading like you've run out of things to say and are trying to nitpick without context in order to create a fight.

I think you are arguing to boost your post count.
    Rationally, you don't have any information then what's presented, and Rationally, it's abnormal for people to just send Images of them selves nude to one another unless there is some massive confidence, or belief it's acceptable to do so.
    The guy reads like hes a cocky 18 yearold highschool jock. It's clear in the words used, he's not as confidant or of the personality that just send nudes to a random person. Hes immature and horney.
    He makes a very obvious try at recovering his ego after being shot down by making fun of her, which leans toward his immaturity, agian enforcing the fact this was not a thought out thing, this is something he thought he could get away with, as it was crashing down on him.
    Smelling blood in the water our female tears him apart. Bullying, a bully? No, we really cant call it bullying or harassment, even. WHy? Because the situation this happened in is one where you expect, or should expect to see peoples dongs, people wanting to hook up, people dressed sexy, people with SEX On the mind. THere is a reason to expect this exact situation happening. We live and thrive on the internet, we sext eachother all day long. Couple that with being on a site for people looking for what only is going lead to sex, it's not unreasonable to expect some asshole is going to send you a cock shot. It's not far off in left feild.
    It has nothing to do with rape culture. It does how ever have something to do with shaming that guy, and building up attention for this girl.
    I also don't think the whole conversation is posted, but hey it's easy to paint a whole story with only a few polarizing panels of shit.

why do you care?
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2013-06-14 at 09:08 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not exactly sure where you got the idea that I support victim blaming/shaming. You should work on your reading comprehension.

I think you are arguing to boost your post count.

I also don't think the whole conversation is posted, but hey it's easy to paint a whole story with only a few polarizing panels of shit.
    Basically, the thread ends with this; how can you call the actions of EITHER person an adult? You can't...

Feminism backbone is independence... then how can a full grown woman(citing feminism as cause), rely on another person to resolve a personal conflict? That is something a CHILD would do.... Again perfect for each other... even the dating site said so...

Lol, actually calling his mom is the most epic move that you could ever do to someone who sends you a nude pic. Thumbs up for dat girl.

Deleted
    You should work on your grammar.
    What an argument..

You used the term "We" but i was not apart of the group that you mention, therefore i was clarifying that while you may be in support of it, i was not, so the "we" was infact "you"
    I don't think you understand how he used it. Context is everything.

So after skimming 40 fucking pages, it seems the only thing that people are even nearly unanimous on is that Capt. Dickpic was a moron? And we couldn't even get a total agreement on THAT?

Jesus H Christ.

15+ Year Old Account
    I suppose I should be careful where I use sarcasm on the internet. If you'd check my posts you'd see that nowhere did I blame her.