The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

LF Help with the Green Fire quest

I've lost sleep on this I cannot do it no matter how hard I try. I am ready to throw my computer out the window. No matter how hard I try or how long I do this fight I always mess up at the same exact part. It is to the point where I can count down my death because it has happened at the same place every time. It is when the fel hunters come out. I send my pit lord far away but the fel hunters still some how are dispelling him. I have sent him behind pillars on the other side of the map and yet they get him. I've put a solid 50 attempts at this and 15 hours at least trying the same damn thing. It has become an obsession. If someone is willing to skype with me to walk me through it or if you could even try to do it for me I would love you forever and give you gold or some form of payment. If you have skype this should be an easy thing to accomplish. Please message me with tips or info if you want to try this. Please only people who have the green fire! Thanks.

You should start moving the pitlord behind the pillar a bit before he even starts summoning the fel hunters, place a RoF on the gate and pull them to the opposite direction so your pitlord is behind their backs. (I heard they can't dispell the enslave if the pitlord's behind them.)

What spec are you ?
    Destruction have huge advantage on this fight, aka burst damage of chaos bolt. This really helps to take those felhunters down fast before the pit lord comes back to you (together with all your CDs).

What is your iLevel ? You're better of waiting for better gear if it's low - makes the fight easier due to more damage you can do.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm destro, I have macros, I'm 499 ilvl so my dps shouldn't be the problem. I just have a mental block on it or something and its making it unrealistically difficult for me. I'm at the point where I just want to pay someone to do it for me so I can sleep hahaha

Well ......
    I gave up some time ago doing it on my lock alt because of the low iLevel (I am really unlucky ...... 3 months without any proper pant drops from LFR is "annoying" - still sporting 463 ones), but I did manage to get through fel hunters once. I saved up all my burning embers for the summons, kept em up at around 3 at all times, so that when they came I just popped CDs and nuked them down.

All the other times I got blown up by the AoE

RoF on the portal, and then pull the puppies behind a pillar. This way you don't have to worry about chaos bolt as well. Get one down fairly low then use havoc to shadowburn once or twice then a filler on the non havoced puppy. The biggest thing in this fight is where you place your portals. Either place them so that you can have the less threat debuff nearly constantly, or use it as way to do a LoS interrupt on the bosses chaos bolt.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious -- can it be done at 500-505 as demo?

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Doubt it, demo depends too much on a pet damage, and this fight requires you to enslave a pit lord, which dismisses your own pet.

Deleted
    The enslave on the pit lord expires right around the time the second fel puppies come out, are you sure you aren't just running into this rather than them dispelling him?

Deleted
    I've moved this over to the warlock forum

Deleted
    It sure can be done but it is not the easiest way to do though. It'll be a lot easier as Destro.

Put the Pit lord behind the left piller and put yourself on the right side. See my sig for a video of it. @1:30

And reenslave the pitlord during the first doomlord summon.
    if you forget it, you will have "fun" with the second felhunter spawn.. see also my vid :-/

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch the video below, he goes through every detail of the fight, bit by bit, with a large emphasis on the fel pups being summoned and how to stop them removing enslave, this tutorial helped me alloooot.

I used this video:

This guide was perfect and by far the easiest way to do it.

Deleted
    I just sent my pet behind the pillar to the right of the portal when the boss ran to the portal. As soon as he started summoning I popped soul-shatter so boss would attack the pet. Keep rain of fire up on the portal until all three dogs are out, then just nuke em down. I didn't bother saving embers as they still died before the boss did his Cataclysm.

I did it as demo around 500. You don't have to worry as much about dps if you use a puri pot. Just need the burst to take out the felpups quick and demo has good burst.