Deleted

[Ret] 516 crit/haste helmet or 483 T14 DPS helmet?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nzall/advanced

I have the 483 tier helmet in my bags, with a STR meta and a haste/stam gem. the scenario helmet does not have sockets, which means it's likely very close. since the 3% crit damage of the meta is negligible with our current crit chance, I chose the 516 helmet. was this the right option?

If you don't have another piece of the white tiger set, the helmet will be even less valuable. It is just another piece with a lot less stats dues to its ilvl. The lack of the 3%-meta only makes crit less desirable. So yes, the 516 one probably the better choice.

Another thing: gems have been taken into account for the ilvl, they only make the "old" helmet more flexible. A good thing about socket-less items: when upgraded, they provide more stats than a piece with sockets. The downside: they are tuned down more when doing challenge modes etc.

Edit for understandability: missing words
    Last edited by Homsel; 2013-06-13 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Homsel View Post
    The 3%-meta only makes crit less desirable.
    Wait what?

Deleted
    I find it extremely hard to believe that getting 0.03% DPS per 1% crit extra would make crit less desirable.

The scenario helmets have sockets as of Tuesday I believe. Or at least mine does now; didn't Monday night.

Deleted
    yeah, I noticed that as well. that was awesome, because it meant a clear victory for the 516.

You miss Your serpent gem, just maybe You haven't noticed that yet

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudin View Post
    You miss Your serpent gem, just maybe You haven't noticed that yet
    I knew that. i still haven't came around to fixing it. I'm considering switching to engineering anyway, but I need the money first.