Deleted

Shadow PvP in the Future!

When is it gonna stop?
    Do we need all these changes? (I do not think everything is needed)

Nerfs during:
    5.1 - 5.3
    •Psyfiend's Psychic Terror cast time has been increased to 2 seconds, up from 1.5 seconds. okies this one i can live with

•The Psyfiend's health has been reduced to 10% of the controlling Priest's health, down from 30%. No biggie, noone kills him anyway

•Can no longer Void Swap Pets/guardinas etc etc. Dont know if this was a bugg from the beginning, and kinda overpowered

•Halo will no longer hit enemies that are in stealth. Was a cheap trick tbh

•Glyph of Mind Spike only works from Mind Spikes that aren't instant casts from Surge of Darkness. This i DONT like! made the talent kinda usless, some people say that you can still use it for dubble mele but its still lacking

•Phantasm no longer makes the Priest untargetable by ranged attacks, and the movement impairing immunity effect is now 5 seconds (was 3 seconds). This change made the talent very very bad! With meles and having an crazy uptime anyway this is a bad talent if you compaire it to the shield/speed talent! Sure have some uses but 90% of the time i take speed!

•Psyfiend belonging to an individual Priest will no longer cast Psychic Horror on the same target twice. My first though, DAFUQ

•Void Swap no longer usuable in Arena or Rated Battlegrounds for Shadow Priests (Cooldown 10min (was 6min?)). Well now meles will just train us!

•Massdispell no longer dispells normally undispellable effect. (increased cast time for shadow priest due to glyph change) FuUuUuUuK!!!!

•Dispersion is now a shadow school spell and cant be used while shadow silenced. (our only good defence CD can get locked out)
    PTR (5.4):

•Shadowform no longer reduces all damage taken by 15%. Now Meles will train us even harder

PvP Gear!
    Used to be (is on Live):
    •Item - Shadow PvP 4P Bonus When your Vampiric Touch is dispelled, the dispeller and all nearby enemy targets within 6 yards are is instantly feared in horror for 3 sec.

(Is on PTR):
    •Item - Shadow PvP 4P Bonus When your Vampiric Touch is dispelled, the dispeller is instantly feared in horror for 3 sec. (removed the: and all nearby enemy targets within 6 yards are part). DAFUQ no dot protection... damit!

I can agree with some of the changes but put together it actully make me feel like I cant contribute to my team.

So how many more nerfs are we going to get before Blizz and People Feel that we are Balanced.
    Blizzard have stated that Shadows need nerf because we synergise very good with other classes.
    But with all these nerfs we will soon not be able to contribute to our team what so ever, there are just to many nerfs coming our way all the time.
    I actully feels like there are to much and all the time, every single patch or hot fix and it makes me rly sad.

I enjoy duelling alot and as a shadow priest i find it very hard but soon im going to find it impossible.
    There is no guaranty that these changed will make it live but looking back on the previus patches since 5.0 launch im not feeling happy.

Edit: Prolly forgott something, feel free to add.
    Edit 2: Duelling if this goes live, Not gonna happen! Sad cause i like duelling.
    Edit 3: English not my native Language, No Hate PLEAS
    Last edited by mmocac820410e9; 2013-06-13 at 08:23 AM.

Spriest is quite strong on live, ofcourse Blizzard will have to adjust.

It's hard to take all this complaining serious, when it's the first ptr and noone have had the chance to play it yet, but apparently half the spriets are cancelling their subs, and the other half quit school to spam the forums.

Calm the f down and wait till you've seen it all plays out and wether it'll get adjust again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Spriest is quite strong on live, ofcourse Blizzard will have to adjust.

It's hard to take all this complaining serious, when it's the first ptr and noone have had the chance to play it yet, but apparently half the spriets are cancelling their subs, and the other half quit school to spam the forums.

Calm the f down and wait till you've seen it all plays out and wether it'll get adjust again.
    I have no ideé why you even say and i quote: "Calm the f down" and "half the spriets are cancelling their subs, and the other half quit school to spam the forums"

Cause im not cancelling my sub and im no school kiddo. I just happend to have the day off from work due to overtime.
    Get your facts right.

On topic:
    Im not complaining over the resent nerfs, im complaining over the fact that we are getting nerfed over and over through every patch and its getting to us all. We aint getting nerfed cause the class is Overpowered, its because we have very good synergy.
    Im complaining that they nerf everything that Spriests have that can actully contribute to a team.

They have said that we get these nerfes cause we synergise too good with sertain comps / classes.
    Well one of the big problems with ex Godcomp was and still is that the comp have huge amount of survability ei dispersion/ice block and void swap through Symbiosis.

But atm the only class that have got any significant nerf are Shadows...

The problem arise when a class just like Shadows atm gets there utility nerfd this much and due to resent nerfs our "tankier" playstyle.
    We are left with very little support for our team, (high damage sure but utility and mobility are far more important in PvP).

Shadow Priests are in a good state damage wise i agree on that and from what you can see on the post i made you can also see that i agree with most of the changes but not when we get em all cause even if you dont see it, Shadows dont have very much team support anymore (outside of high dmg and symbiosis).

10+ Year Old Account
    All 3 Psyfiend nerfs was needed. It being able to spam fear a single target was ridicules for a essentially passive fear bot. It put it more inline with the other 2 of that tier.

I miss being able to voidswap to shadowfiend, it was brokenly op though. Shadow losing voidshift in arena was a nerf that was only going to take a matter of time for it to happen, kind of surprised it took as long as it did.

Halo breaking stealth was the only reason I was speced into it. Didn't heal the priest worth a gcd, was great for healing others though. And you're right it was just a cheap trick.

The mindspike glyph nerf was a fairly heavy hitter but it did make FDCL much less appealing which was mostly the idea behind that change. I still use it, it helped push more kills then I care to count.

I have to disagree with Phantasm, it's what I use 90% of the time. With everyone and their grandmother with a spamable slow bubble sprint quickly goes to 160% to 80% which only nets you 30% more movement while slowed. On top of all that the speed boosts, from both B&S and feather are both dispel-able while Phantasm is not. So with those in mind (and from actually testing running which I like more in the first place) I take Phantasm over the sprints.

Massdispel I agree with you completely. Though I have a very specific reason for it, it's the only way to get magic of ourselves.

Dispersion's nerf was not that bad, it made dispersion more in line with the other "OMG I'M DIEING" buttons. Which is completely reasonable.

Shadowform is a bad one for sure, but it was said they can adjust numbers accordingly so we have to wait and see. (though still give feedback about it)

I fail to see your PvP gear argument, "DAFUQ no dot protection... damit!". It's not like it doesn't fear the dispeler anymore, it's just no longer AoE, which seemed weird to me in the first place. So it's still DoT protection just no longer gets the random red name that happens to be beside the dispeler.

Quote Originally Posted by hirazu View Post
    •The Psyfiend's health has been reduced to 10% of the controlling Priest's health, down from 30%. No biggie, noone kills him anyway
    Are we playing the same game?
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hirazu View Post
    •Item - Shadow PvP 4P Bonus When your Vampiric Touch is dispelled, the dispeller is instantly feared in horror for 3 sec. (removed the: and all nearby enemy targets within 6 yards are part). DAFUQ no dot protection... damit!
    they really need to rework this, its unfair that when you dispel affilocks UA you get a huge penalty silence+damage taken. I am so tired of all these nerfs we don't have any mobility left, we are the only caster class that has to stand still and cast to do any damage, our only defensive is spell lockable. Compared to other classes we have it the hardest at the min when it comes to survivability against melee, our fears are counterable, roots trinketed, we have no escapism, bring back the old fade and make it baseline for all specs, the dispel effect on VT should be baseline like it used to be, give us a new 4 piece bonus and fix our mobility because right now its beyond a joke. They haven't even given shadow a replacement 87 spell for arena/rbg's. As someone said before, Blizzard are the only people that can destroy there own game, judging by the drop in sub's, its working. CC is outta control, burst is outta control, pvp this expansion has just been a joke, no fun whatsoever.
    Last edited by mmoc438baf92cc; 2013-06-17 at 07:48 PM.

Remove Men insert Shadowpriest.
    Remove Women and insert "random Melee spec".

Here's your future. DON'T LOOK BACK!

SPriest PvP future as predicted by Nostradamus

6.0 - revamp of the battle system, shadow is incredibly powerful and nearly unstoppable in bgs, arena and random pvp

6.1 - extreme nerf of new 6.0 abilities

6.1.2 - extreme nerf to new level 93 talent

6.2 - more nerfs to 6.0 abilities

6.3 - even more nerfs to all baseline priest abilities

6.4 - yet more nerfs, nearly neutering the entire spec and making you wonder why priests are allowed to pvp

7.0 - see 6.0

I am a ww monk, and when I see a psyfiend, I usually use my instant CC on it.