Engineering and leatherworking

Hey all orc rogue here trying to max out the levels on mu professions. Ive heard its super easy but I have trouble finding mats for what I need to make to level all the time. Any tips or suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Septer View Post
    Hey all orc rogue here trying to max out the levels on mu professions. Ive heard its super easy but I have trouble finding mats for what I need to make to level all the time. Any tips or suggestions?
    it s really hard to level LW without skinning.
    even if you re lucky to be on a server where people put leather for bids in AH, mats prices are ridiculous.
    so either make an alt who has skinning, or take up skinning and drop engi.

If you re more serious abut engi than about LW, drop LW and take up mining.

Having 2 crafting professions on 1 char is for rich bastards, or for those who have alts that can provide mats.

His advice isn't exactly the only option.

If you have an alt, you can make them a miner/skinner and collect the mats you need. I have double crafting on multiple toons, because I have toons who can gather.

"Sorry guys- it's hotkeyed onto my mouse..."

15+ Year Old Account
    It does then become a problemw hen you transfer toa dead server with a double crafting main, leaving your gathering alt behind and there is no mats on the AH...

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    It does then become a problemw hen you transfer toa dead server with a double crafting main, leaving your gathering alt behind and there is no mats on the AH...
    Exactly what happened lol

Also low level leathers are REALLY EXPENSIVE. You are better off having some lower level alt with skinning if you don't want to gold sink.

Also some leathers don't have a 100% drop chance when you skin some mobs and on top of that, some places are overfarmed (like the whelps in Badlands).

Guess im going to hav to lvl a hunter to 85
    Or so just to be ABLE to get the materials I need
    ><

I have both on my main. Originally she was a LW/Skinner. When I dropped Skinning and picked up Engineering, it cost me well over 10k gold buying all the mats on the AH, even though I farmed some of the stuff that I couldn't find. It made me want to cry. And next xpac I'm going to cry again at the price of the new leathers unless I get one of my alts on it.

You also need Spirits of Harmony to level both of them, so get to planting those Songbells.

buy everything from the AH