Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Old gods are a thing okay? Deal with it.

In light of all the QQ and butthurt about the Garrosh model and all the "OH WHAT A SURPRISE MORE OLD GOD CORRUPTING SOMEONE"

I feel like a Majority of you have no idea about the story at all.

Yes, We have killed old gods before (Cthun and Yogg-Saron come to mind) Since I feel a majority of you have no idea of the story, Why don't you read this http://www.wowpedia.org/Old_Gods

They ruled over Azeroth before the Panethon came and cleansed it. Giving order to Azeroth. They were forced under the surface of Azeroth. IF the panethon had killed them all. Azeroth would have shattered. It's why Cthun was under miles of sand and Yogg-Saron was put in a prison in the mountains of northrend.

from WoWpedia itself "Though chained or dead, their influence still corrupts mortals, and even immortals, to this day."

They are a strong factor in the WoW-Lore and at least 2 of them (that we know) are still around. N'Zoth (Who hasn't been found yet) and Y'Shaarj (Who cursed pandaria with the Sha)

Lest we all forget about the burning legion and http://www.wowpedia.org/Sargeras Basically the SATAN of WoW, But then I guess you would complain about Sargeras in some way shape or form.

Christ almighty....

I think people are more upset over the fact that Blizzard came out and said Garrosh wouldn't be corrupted and that he was just a bad apple from the get go.

Deleted
    If this was reddit I would upvote you. It's like people complaining about seats in a car (yup, thats my analogy) it's the main villain of the game, it will always be around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    I think people are more upset over the fact that Blizzard came out and said Garrosh wouldn't be corrupted and that he was just a bad apple from the get go.
    Because HE STILL IS FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD. He's using Yshaarj's power as his own. It's merely a weapon. At most the Old God just messes up people's bodies.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

he isn't corrupted....blizz didn't lie....he empowers him....that is much diff

Did they say he wouldn't be corrupted, or that he wasn't corrupted at that time, I don't remember. Also I think there is a difference if he took on the old god willingly.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    From the look at the dungeon journal it looks like Garrosh is actually the one in control of the situation and using the powers of the old god for his benefit, not the other way around like we've seen before.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    In light of all the QQ and butthurt about the Garrosh model and all the "OH WHAT A SURPRISE MORE OLD GOD CORRUPTING SOMEONE"

I feel like a Majority of you have no idea about the story at all.

Yes, We have killed old gods before (Cthun and Yogg-Saron come to mind) Since I feel a majority of you have no idea of the story, Why don't you read this http://www.wowpedia.org/Old_Gods

They ruled over Azeroth before the Panethon came and cleansed it. Giving order to Azeroth. They were forced under the surface of Azeroth. IF the panethon had killed them all. Azeroth would have shattered. It's why Cthun was under miles of sand and Yogg-Saron was put in a prison in the mountains of northrend.

from WoWpedia itself "Though chained or dead, their influence still corrupts mortals, and even immortals, to this day."

They are a strong factor in the WoW-Lore and at least 2 of them (that we know) are still around. N'Zoth (Who hasn't been found yet) and Y'Shaarj (Who cursed pandaria with the Sha)

Lest we all forget about the burning legion and http://www.wowpedia.org/Sargeras Basically the SATAN of WoW, But then I guess you would complain about Sargeras in some way shape or form.

Christ almighty....
    The Old gods are a joke. Every single time they've fought any of the mortal races they've gotten owned. People are mad because Blizzard refuses to write good characters with motives that the average player might not agree with, and instead they focus on writing, "LOLOLDGODS!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    Did they say he wouldn't be corrupted, or that he wasn't corrupted at that time, I don't remember. Also I think there is a difference if he took on the old god willingly.
    It's more internal corruption. Like I said Old God power he has is a disaease/drug and or it messes his body up and makes it look different in the end. But he is still in control of everything.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Depends on what you mean by corrupted.

Arthas was corrupted in the sense that frostmourne claimed his soul, and led him into becoming a bloodthirsty killing machine before finally merging with the lich king.
    Deathwing was corrupted in the sense that the old gods started whispering to him, slowly driving him crazy.

Garrosh is just a power-thirsty maniac who doesn't care about becoming mutated if it means he can keep his spot on the throne. He was being a dick long before he dug up that dark heart.

people will spin it how they want to just to bash blizzard that's all there is to it.....

Garrosh isn't corrupted. He's taking Old God flavored steroids and is still perfectly in control of himself and is fully aware of what he's doing. He just lacks any empathy for the people he's hurting in the process. He's basically a sociopath.

Deleted
    actually (supporting your thesis) y'shaarj is dead and his influence is scattered among his various heads (the Sha).
    garrosh is probably influenced by them through his strong emotions, but he is consciously using old gods' power for his own scheme.
    Last edited by mmoca014cf7a55; 2013-06-13 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Except we haven't actually fought the entirety of an Old God. We've fought just tiny slices of what they are.

This. The Old Gods we fought were a small portion of their original powers, and even then we needed the Keepers (unless you count 0 lights) for Yogg-Saron. Plus, not all the bosses killed in-game by raids were lore-wise killed by those raids. There are many enemies that should be able to curbstomp us just with sheer power, but making only realistic bosses killable would get stale very fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fine ill deal with it. Geez.
    I like juice

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    The Old gods are a joke. Every single time they've fought any of the mortal races they've gotten owned. People are mad because Blizzard refuses to write good characters with motives that the average player might not agree with, and instead they focus on writing, "LOLOLDGODS!"
    We have never FOUGHT an old god in it's entirety. You remember how hard Yogg-Saron was when Ulduar came out? Imagine that only 1000x times worse. Even against Yogg you still needed the Keepers help (Unless you did 0 lights for the achievement) which was hard AT THE TIME.

Half the enemies in WoW should have killed us ages ago. But if all bosses were realistic the game would get stale fast, Cthun should have killed us, So should have Yogg-Saron. But for the sake of moving an MMO forward and making the game fun. We killed them (Or at least only a part of them)

They are the live blood of Azeroth (Especially so with Yogg Saron and Saronite ore which is his blood)
    Last edited by Malcor; 2013-06-13 at 06:50 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    We have never FOUGHT an old god in it's entirety. You remember how hard Yogg-Saron was when Ulduar came out? Imagine that only 1000x times worse.
    Exactly

Yogg-Saron is supposed to be the size of northrend.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

10+ Year Old Account
    We have never FOUGHT an old god in it's entirety. You remember how hard Yogg-Saron was when Ulduar came out? Imagine that only 1000x times worse. Even against Yogg you still needed the Keepers help (Unless you did 0 lights for the achievement) which was hard AT THE TIME.

Half the enemies in WoW should have killed us ages ago. But if all bosses were realistic the game would get stale fast, Cthun should have killed us, So should have Yogg-Saron. But for the sake of moving an MMO forward and making the game fun. We killed them (Or at least only a part of them)

They are the live blood of Azeroth (Especially so with Yogg Saron and Saronite ore which is his blood)
    Realistic? Ummm I have a Fantasy bridge to sell you.

Exactly

Yogg-Saron is supposed to be the size of northrend.
    Yogg never got destroyed like Y'shaarj did. Despite the fact they're not dead....yet.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Realistic? Ummm I have a Fantasy bridge to sell you.

Yogg never got destroyed like Y'shaarj did. Despite the fact they're not dead....yet.
    That was more in response to the guy who was like "WE CURB STOMP OLD GODS THEY ARENT A THREAT LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO"

Like 10 people could really kill Yogg-Saron...he is supposedly the size of Northrend itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like 10 people could really kill Yogg-Saron...he is supposedly the size of Northrend itself.
    Yes well it's his avatar(At least Yogg was anyways).

Warrior-Magi