1. #1
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    849

    Rather confused with the Skeletal Warhorse

    So what is this mount going to be for?
    It has a undercity banner, so.. Sylvannes coming into play in SoO?
    Honestly I have no clue, or I dint read trough all notes properly.
    For the Horde! And for the Earthmother!
    Armory

  2. #2
    Pandaren Monk Feral Camel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,906
    Some ideas that are floating around is that it is a PVP mount.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    Some ideas that are floating around is that it is a PVP mount.
    I'm guessing they're changing up or adding higher rewards for higher ratings for rated battlegrounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  4. #4
    i must say compared too the Alliance Nightsaber , the warhorse looks a tad boring.

    as from where it might come from, prehaps they're changing the 2nd reward mount you get when getting higher ranking rbg?

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk Feral Camel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    So what is this mount going to be for?
    It has a undercity banner, so.. Sylvannes coming into play in SoO?
    Honestly I have no clue, or I dint read trough all notes properly.
    Also its not an undercity banner. Its a Horde banner


    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'm guessing they're changing up or adding higher rewards for higher ratings for rated battlegrounds.
    Sounds about right

  6. #6
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    849
    WOW I'm a failure, the color made me thing Undercity, and that's playing Horde for 7 years...wow me...wow =,= I'm embarrassed, I'm so sorry.
    For the Horde! And for the Earthmother!
    Armory

  7. #7
    Pandaren Monk Issalice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Area 52 US
    Posts
    1,947
    I'm guessing PvP. I want it so badly, wherever it comes from. Its glowy green hooves make me smile. If it is PvP (and IMO that makes sense) I will never have it lol. I'm awful. That's okay though, I will learn to accept it.

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Viridiancity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    IN A PICKLE
    Posts
    4,399
    I like to imagine they're mounts for a 5.4 epic story faction / quest chain, similar to the Grand Gryphon / Wyvern from Shieldwall.

    Hoping there's one for every race.

  9. #9
    Could be the mount for the SoO meta achievement. Since the Alliance have one that is an armored nightsaber as well.

  10. #10
    Pandaren Monk Issalice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Area 52 US
    Posts
    1,947
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    I like to imagine they're mounts for a 5.4 epic story faction / quest chain, similar to the Grand Gryphon / Wyvern from Shieldwall.

    Hoping there's one for every race.
    Oh I would love that. Fingers (and toes) crossed!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    WOW I'm a failure, the color made me thing Undercity, and that's playing Horde for 7 years...wow me...wow =,= I'm embarrassed, I'm so sorry.
    Actually that is the Horde banner, with undercity colors. It might mean Sylvana's will be the new warchief.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

    When arguing online I like to use big words. Because by the time they're done googling it, they have forgotten what their point was.

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord Moon Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Posts
    4,846
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    I like to imagine they're mounts for a 5.4 epic story faction / quest chain, similar to the Grand Gryphon / Wyvern from Shieldwall.

    Hoping there's one for every race.
    That would be nice indeed. Night Elf centered storyline for Alliance and Forsaken centered for Horde.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 08:29 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Actually that is the Horde banner, with undercity colors. It might mean Sylvana's will be the new warchief.
    And Tyrande is the new High Queen <.<?

  13. #13
    I just wonder why the updated mount models are a one-of-a-kind deal; either you get one through RBG or by doing a pvp-pve related quest chain. It is painful to see these updated models standing next to their old versions in Orgrimmar/Stormwind. I hope they are prototypes for a global update for the old faction mounts otherwise it makes no sense to me.

    That said... with it having 'War' in their names and carrying faction banners, I would say PVP. Just like collecting mounts and there being a reward for collecting a certain amount, I see the same happening to the PvP mount awards (forgot if it was for a certain amount of RBG wins or honorable kills, I don't PvP).

  14. #14
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,736
    I think the idea of it being an incentive for RBG is a good one. RBG has kind of died since it was launched, and adding a real incentive would be great.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  15. #15
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castiel's Army
    Posts
    5,657
    With the faction banners sticking out of their butts, my best guess would be that they're PvP mounts for RBGs. You get the current one for 75 RBG wins so the new ones are probably for having a higher number of cumulative wins. Maybe 150 or 200? It'd make sense that something like that would come out with a new PvP season and gear.

  16. #16
    Bloodsail Admiral Nillah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I'm guessing PvP. I want it so badly, wherever it comes from. Its glowy green hooves make me smile. If it is PvP (and IMO that makes sense) I will never have it lol. I'm awful. That's okay though, I will learn to accept it.
    Same, that would make me sad. I'm hoping these are some kind of reward for the Org siege.

    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Hoping there's one for every race.
    That would be amazing.
    Avatar art by tumblr user kounyoukai

  17. #17
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,310
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    And Tyrande is the new High Queen <.<?
    Well I didn't vote for Varian! Tyrande is good enough as High Queen.

  18. #18
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,099
    What if it drops from one of the new world bosses and its faction specific...?

  19. #19
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,310
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    What if it drops from one of the new world bosses and its faction specific...?
    It's quite obvious it's faction specific from the flags on them, though I doubt they drop from new world bosses. Maybe from Garrosh?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •