Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Timeless Isle Exploration

So right now on the 5.4 PTR, attempting to enter the Timeless Isle immediately causes you to be teleported away, as the zone is still in very early development. However, if you're very cautious, it's possible to swim in the water juuuust outside the Fatigue belt and explore the island with Eye of Kilrogg.

I present: An album of my finds.

Highlights: Alliance and Horde have their own distinct landings / flights points.

Each of the four celestials present as World bosses (!). Seems to be four active at once...? Maybe all in one as some sort of superboss encounter (a la Oondasta)

Skunked Alementals (dailies?).

Pulsing Wisps (?). Very similar to that star trash in Vortex Pinnacle.

A fifth world boss with much more health: Ordo <Fire God of the Yaungol>

A building with a very striking similarity to the temple of Nizuao and a ruined bridge.

<Personal theories below, please take 0 stock>

Personal theory? The original temple of Nizuao, lost at some point (or perhaps simply built to contain Yaungol). The Celestials being aggressive leads me to believe that they have been driven to hatred / hostility towards the Alliance/Horde for their actions (the destruction of Vale, as they are the guardians of the Vale). Perhaps... And I fucking dread this word... Corrupted.

<Personal theories ended>

Island is unpopulated except for the mobs I listed (I may have missed of course)-- and for anyone curious and who notices the cave near the Celestials, I tried very hard to reach it but the Eye just doesn't move fast enough.

Will try to snag more if the servers stop being so ridiculously unstable.

Edit: Second album incoming due to a gloriously lucky bug with the servers being so unstable. Album will only contain images of terrain.

Edit #2: Part 2, exploring with with a client-side bug.
    Last edited by Viradiance; 2013-06-13 at 04:26 PM.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Incredible, keep on going dude!

Impressed with how much you got to see without actually entering the zone. Sick of the formula of 2 new world bosses 1 for pvp/tier and the other for random loot, thrown into the mix of even more dailies which will surely have a rep grind. The isle looks nice tho, basically what you'd expect from pandaria. Keep it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd try Far Sight to get a better look around, but aside from the 500 yard max range, it actually automatically cancels the spell if you cast it on the isle. Seems like they thought ahead but... Not that far ahead : )

Getting into that little band of water between the zone and between fatigue is fun, heh. Trying to figure out a good way to get towards that cave, maybe I'll just check out the back of the isle for now.

This is difficult with the server crashing every 3 mins or so.

Deleted
    Oh, nice, rather curious about that isle

From the looks of the Dungeon Journals on the Celestials, it seems that there encounters are more so trials, so I doubt they are hostile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Update: Found "Sunken Hozen Treasure" in the water. Gonna get some screenshots in a sec. Marked by a red X-mark on the minimap. Visible in one of my other screenshots.

I will get teleported away before I can reach it, so I'm not going to be able to loot or examine whatever it may be.

Edit: Sunken Forsaken warship with Hozen treasure divers and some sharks.

Double edit: HOLY SHIT. Desync bug. I can freely run around on the island without getting teleported away. I won't be able to see NPCs or doodads but... Prepare for a lot of screenshots.
    Last edited by Viradiance; 2013-06-13 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't we supposed to be done with Pandaria?

What's the context of this isle?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Id agree witht he theory that they are incredibly pissed, since we have single-handedly broken their trust and allowed sha corruption to hit the one place it shouldn't have. (Despite the fact we've totalled 6 of them.)

Overall, I'm excited for when they add the story bits they havent added in yet.

EDIT: Could this be the proving grounds?
    ---TransAwesome---
    A rainbow a day keeps the gloomies away.

Nice find! The area looks perfect for the proving grounds they announced for 5.4 (At least the yard with the gate and the yard with the celestials).

Edit: Beaten to it by lupii :P
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

The dungeon journal suggests they 'test' us, will be interesting to learn more in future builds.

10+ Year Old Account
    There seems to be several of those "X marks the spot" spots on the map.

So far:

Sunken Hozen Treasure
    Zesqua
    Very Skunky Beer
    "Tom" Bone Apart

Keep in mind I can't see or interact with these, I'm only getting so far because of a very lucky bug to do with the servers ridiculously unstable.

Cave is called "Cavern of Lost Spirits". Uses a generic cave layout. Can't see anything in here of course, dunno the significance or what it may be populated with, but there's one of those treasure marks. "Tom" Bone Apart.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 11:07 AM ----------

Found a few more treasure things.

Rope-bound Treasure Chest
    Scary Ghosts and Nice Sprites (isn't that a Skrillex reference?)
    Cave-in

Edit: Tons of those treasure things, not even gonna bother anymore. There's a lot. Also found an Alliance ship moored off the coast.
    Last edited by Viradiance; 2013-06-13 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope they update the maps and not make them plain, because I actually like looking at a map from World of Warcraft and say like I want to explore that area and that place sounds cool and so on. Oh and what parts of the isle are you looking at here from their own isle map they made up?
    Last edited by rcshaggy; 2013-06-13 at 04:13 PM.
    For the Horde!

I'd kind of like it to be something like this -

Originally, the 4th celestial was not Just Niuzhao, but rather the Twin Oxes, Niuzhao and Ordo.

Then Ordo turned evil, embraced some "dark fire" (legion reference) and burned down the temple. The Celestials jailed him there and left and Niuzhao became the sole Western Celestial.

Also, I love that they're bringing the Yuangol back... they did not have enough of a presence in this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Hope they update the maps and not make them plain, because I actually like looking at a map from World of Warcraft and say like I want to explore that area and that place sounds cool and so on. Oh and what parts of the isle are you looking at here from their own isle map they made up?
    {snip}
    Alemental area was the village marked on the south. Horde landing is the village on the north-west. Alliance landing is on the south-west. The celestials are on the little rectangle towards the center, each at one corner. Ordos is inside the temple at the top, across the broken bridge-- that's as far as I can explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

Originally, the 4th celestial was not Just Niuzhao, but rather the Twin Oxes, Niuzhao and Ordo.

Then Ordo turned evil, embraced some "dark fire" (legion reference) and burned down the temple. The Celestials jailed him there and left and Niuzhao became the sole Western Celestial.

Also, I love that they're bringing the Yuangol back... they did not have enough of a presence in this expansion.
    From his dungeon journal stuff, it sounds like he was just a regular yaungol who set himself on fire for the glory of the gods, who evidently thought it amusing because they elevated him to demigod status. So now he's immortal and ever-burning.

Oh, and his priests worship him and show their loyalty by casting enchantments to soothe his pain and setting themselves on fire. Sounds like a fun faith to me, I don't know about you but I'd give it a try.

I found a underwater cave on the island.

It has ghost pirates! And ghost pirate treasure

http://i.imgur.com/czBImyj.jpg

Wasn't it said that this is a pet battle location? They datamined a pet version of one o the celestials iirc

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but there's already a dungeon journal on Ordos.

Ordos was once a shaman of the Yaungol who sacrificed himself to the flame, following the promises of the Fire Lords, in order to become a demigod. His flesh is eternally seared with fires putting him in endless agony. Yaungol firekeepers ritually set themselves on fire to emulate the ascension of Ordos, and cast enchantments and prayers to ease his pain.

Abilities:

Magma Crush - 5 million fire damage split between all players within 20 yards. No soloing this boy for a while.

Burning Soul - Inflicts 50k fire damage per second for 10 seconds, then explodes doing 300k damage to anyone within 10 feet.

Pool of Fire - creates a pool of fire that does 50k damage per second

Ancient Flame - summons a flame orb that does 50k damage per second to the nearest player and increases fire damage taken by 5% for 10 seconds

Eternal Agony - After 5 minutes, he starts pulsing an aoe that does 300k damage per second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ta~daaa. Part two, bugged exploration. Lotsa treasures on the isle.